watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

today's game

Started by alfie, August 01, 2015, 05:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Well I know it was only a friendly, but there looked to be a lot of positivity out there today CB's were not great but then they were not bad. When Mitroglou came on I thought he added a big presence up top, certainly he is a better option than Woodrow who unfortunately offered nothing today, Garbutt at left back looked the part. A few games under their belts and we could actually do a job here this season.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

hovewhite

all positives out of todays game ,defense we didn't cave in ,sounded ok midfield wise and the big positive could be mitro.

Ordar

Just on my way back. Thought we played pretty well. Palace pretty much had their first 11 out. They had a lot of the ball without creating that many clear cut chances. I actually thought the back 4 played pretty well. They were unlucky to concede from the corner as it looked like one of our players flicked the ball on at the front post.

McCormack is STILL coming far far far too deep. Coupled with Woodrow being terrible and offering nothing up front we really struggled to relieve the pressure first half. We looked much much better with Mitroglou on.

OHara again looked our best player, and I thought Cairney did some nice things. We still have a tendency to overplay at times, but it's going in the right direction.

Garbutt will be out for a few weeks I reckon, and was a bit up and down performance wise. I still believe Grimmer is better than Richards.

Jonaldiniho 88

Ordar love your comment as you were there. I take your post very seriously as you were there. Anyone else there today got differing opinion? I can only go on the commentary which is biased at best, ostrich at worst.

CaptainBilly

Thought we looked pretty good all in all. The thing that struck me is that we held our shape well and we closed down pretty consistently which forced a fair few mistakes. As has already been said, we looked a far more dangerous prospect with Mitroglou. Unfortunately, Woodrow just fails to cut it. Thought Ben Pringle looked a solid player and is definitely a useful addition for those tighter games. Hutchinson showed why our defence needs a change though.

The main concern is that we still don't really offer anything down the wings - Kaka gave the team another dimension when he came on. Also,  it's frustrating to see the ball being played square so much. When someone pushed forward and beat a player it inevitably gave the play so much more energy across the pitch and I really believe that we'll give teams a really hard time if we can do that on a consistent basis.

But it's all looking much more positive I'd say!  :yay:  

MJG

We looked good at times,  I think midfield forward wise we are fine.
The Trog did very well when he came on and Woodrow was not at the races today.
Been saying it for an age but McCormack has to play further up. We saw it in second half when he was deep,  Woodrow did good flick to Garbutt who put in cross but all the other midfield players had not got far enough into the job.
Defence wise we were quite good for 30 mins,  and individually they are mainly all ok,  Hutch as a unit we will NOT get anywhere near promotion unless we bring one or two CB's in. Richards is Richards,  I'm a Grimmer fan and would prefer him. The CB's on their own fine,  together is an accident waiting...no has happened.

All I  all a decent run out,  shows promise,  but work to do. 6.5/10

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Milo

I think Richards is getting closer and closer to that time where we say, "you've had enough chances now!". If I put money on it, I would say that his signing was Symons' and not Riggs... and I feel when Symons introduced him this season as 'not having shown us what he's made of' I wanted to believe him. I just think he has to have a good Aug/Sept or, for me, we have to bring back Grimmer who looks much tighter (despite being a CB by trade, and being very young still!).

Banstead White

Agree with most but stand out things for me today:
Hutchinson seems to have a bit more about him than at same period last year.
Jamie OH gave a great first half performance, shame he faded a bit 2nd half but palace did seem to change tactics.
The squad look much better than same time last year....
Woodrow should have been a sub today...

Roysie

love4ffc

So safe to assume we played the diamond again? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on August 01, 2015, 06:19:52 PM
We looked good at times,  I think midland forward wise we are fine.
The Trog did very well when he came on and Woodrow was not at the races today.
Been saying it for an age but McCormack has to play further up. We saw it in second half when he was deep,  Woodrow did good flick to Garbutt who put in cross but all the other midfield players had not got far enough into the job.
Defence wise we were quite good for 30 mins,  and individually they are mainly all ok,  Hutch as a unit we will NOT get anywhere near promotion unless we bring one or two CB's in. Richards is Richards,  I'm a Grimmer fan and would prefer him. The CB's on their own fine,  together is an accident waiting...no has happened.

All I  all a decent run out,  shows promise,  but work to do. 6.5/10

I thought jazz played well today. I don't see anything in LonerganS game to suggest he is better than Betts though.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

@jolslover

Mitro was quality, him and Mccormack is the stuff of dreams
STH H3

Skatzoffc

I was there today with my dad. Lovely day for a game.

Thought we played ok today without creating that many chances.

O'Hara looked very good to me. Gets his foot in. Rides a tackle well and finds a white shirt on almost every occasion. He could make the role his own and is possibly a replacement for Murphy (finally).

Pringle, Garbutt  and Cairny all looked good to me.
Thought Jazz did ok. Jury still out for me if he is better than Grimmer tho.
We still need a good, experienced CB to partner Burn imo.

Lonerghan did well under pressure from the huge Jedinak at set pieces. He also kicked well. A couple of very good stops too.

Thought our midfield looked bigger, stronger and more up to the task than last year.

Agree with Ordar that Macca is still coming too deep. Sometimes he was on our 18 yard line. Why?
Very worrying this hasn't been sorted out yet. If we can't supply him in his position it needs to be sorted.

Not a bad game all in all.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

MJG

Quote from: love4ffc on August 01, 2015, 06:26:03 PM
No a more 442 if still a bit narrow. But not a diamond

jimmyc19

Wasn't the biggest jazz Richards fan last season but thought he did well today to be fair

love4ffc

Quote from: MJG on August 01, 2015, 06:58:30 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on August 01, 2015, 06:26:03 PM
No a more 442 if still a bit narrow. But not a diamond

Good. Hopefully this is the start of something great for us. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

fulhamben

Quote from: Skatzoffc on August 01, 2015, 06:55:30 PM
I was there today with my dad. Lovely day for a game.

Thought we played ok today without creating that many chances.

O'Hara looked very good to me. Gets his foot in. Rides a tackle well and finds a white shirt on almost every occasion. He could make the role his own and is possibly a replacement for Murphy (finally).

Pringle, Garbutt  and Cairny all looked good to me.
Thought Jazz did ok. Jury still out for me if he is better than Grimmer tho.
We still need a good, experienced CB to partner Burn imo.

Lonerghan did well under pressure from the huge Jedinak at set pieces. He also kicked well. A couple of very good stops too.

Thought our midfield looked bigger, stronger and more up to the task than last year.

Agree with Ordar that Macca is still coming too deep. Sometimes he was on our 18 yard line. Why?
Very worrying this hasn't been sorted out yet. If we can't supply him in his position it needs to be sorted.

Not a bad game all in all.

COYW!

I must have watched a different game to you. The one I watched saw Andy struggling to kick it past the half way line, a few kicks straight into touch and one kick straight to there striker at the end. His short range kicking is ok but anything big goes awol

rweller86

I don't remember a few kicks straight into touch. Slipped on one occasion but was solid otherwise.
@rweller

fulhamben

Quote from: rweller86 on August 01, 2015, 07:17:30 PM
I don't remember a few kicks strafight into touch. Slipped on one occasion but was solid otherwise.
whether you remember it or not, it happened. i payed special attention as his kicking looked suspect in his first game for us. said it earlier, he seems to struggle kicking a rolling ball. if he has the time to stop it, then he is quite accurate but ranges to just past the half way line.

rweller86

I would say getting it to just past the half way line is not the end of the world, the other players would just have to adjust. Not saying I prefer him over betts though.
@rweller

fulhamben

Quote from: rweller86 on August 01, 2015, 07:37:23 PM
I would say getting it to just past the half way line is not the end of the world, the other players would just have to adjust. Not saying I prefer him over betts though.
its when he is put under that worries me. didnt see it, but didnt he pick up a back pass rather than booting it out in the last game which lead to the goal.