watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tom Cairney

Started by jimmyc19, August 01, 2015, 07:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyc19

This guy is wasted on the right, he needs to be centre midfield or number 10 where he gets the ball more. Anyone with half a brain cell could tell this lad is absolute quality (think he knows it as well the way he swaggers around). With him behind McCormack and maybe mitro we will be scoring for fun!

Ordar

Yeah I mentioned after Crawley that I thought he is wasted on the right. LVC has been extremely quiet in CM. I would be tempted to swap them.

Cairney is obviously quality

dannyboi-ffc

I thought the same.  I actually think the system worked ok today but I think it would be better balanced if LVC swapped with Cairney. I know some feel LVC is stronger through the middle but I disagree. I think Cairney is the better player technically but LVC is easily the better athlete. More powerful and faster over short bursts allowing him to beat a man. Where as Cairney is more likely to play that key pass.

Also think Woodrow has proved we need pace up top playing on the shoulder of the defence. Ross reminds me of Rooney and no matter how much you design the team around him as the main striker he will naturally always come deep for the ball meaning he sits in the hole quite nicely. But pace frightens teams more than a target man and it doesn't need to be prolific. I think our midfield will get goals, the striker just needs to stretch defences to give space for players like Ross to exploit. I feel we are too narrow for a slow striker.

Bit worried Garbutt went off but I think him and Jazz are our only quick players so another would be very welcome.

Quick striker and a better Cb is on my shopping list before Cardiff. Go get Dunk and Gayle!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Riverside

Don't need Gayle if we have Mitro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKSW6

I think Cairney's there mostly out of necessity right now as we don't have any other quality right mids. If we did, it'd probably be a combination of him and LVC/O'Hara in the middle.

FPT

I disagree, I don't think Tom Cairney was wasted today, I thought he was more involved, connected with Jazz Richards quite well. I don't think he has the defensive discipline nor energy required to partner Jamie O'Hara in the middle. Lasse Vigen Christensen isn't going to be the offensive cut that he was last season because he's going to be playing in a different role, more reserved but he really is the engine of the midfield. Tom Cairney on the right gives him an opportunity to be more forward thinking and offensive, give it time, I think it'll benefit 10x more with a solid no.9 leading the line that he can play off of and into.

Bronaldinho

Have to agree, I felt Cairney wanted to play in the centre- hence his drifting.

LVC would be a job there and Cairney and O'Hara would be a lovely partnership in the centre.

Would like to see how that works.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Zu-Meister

433, O'Hara Holding. LVC and Cairney by his side, box to box.

Jims Dentist

Again agree with FPT.
Don't think Cairney has the engine to play CM alongside J O.

horse1031

I think that Tom is going to be a big player for us this year.  He likes to play in tight spaces, has quick feet, and works the give and go really well.  He doesnt mind getting back and defending as well which we need on the wings.  He can be cover for the middle of the park if someone gets hurt.  I thought he played really well against Palace this weekend.

horse1031

Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 02, 2015, 10:54:39 AM

4 3 3

Cairney   O'Hara    Pringle

LVC       Trog     McCormack

Ordar

He looks a great player to me. Very happy with the signing

PaulJ123

O'Hara
LVC Pringle
Cairney
Trog Mccormack

:54:

leonffc

Quote from: PaulJ123 on August 03, 2015, 02:10:25 PM
O'Hara
LVC Pringle
Cairney
Trog Mccormack

:54:

Are you suggesting a diamond? I couldn't bear another season of that

Zu-Meister

Quote from: horse1031 on August 03, 2015, 02:06:36 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 02, 2015, 10:54:39 AM

4 3 3

Cairney   O'Hara    Pringle

LVC       Trog     McCormack

I was thinking more:

Pringle  Trog   Ross

Cairney   LVC

O'Hara