watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dwight Gayle

Started by Ron91, August 02, 2015, 05:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron91

Dwight Gayle i feel would be an excellent signing he has a lot of pace and his finishing is clinical and can't really understand why Palace would let him leave. Reports say the deal will be concluded quite quickly too. Whilst i would love to see Dembele given the nod there must be contractual problems or a move may be on his cards unfortunately.  

Blanco

Don't like Gayle. Would be a good signing regardless. Don't think he'd leave Palace and the prem for us though.

grandad

He scared the pants off me when he played against us. I really thought he was destined for one of the "big" clubs.
Where there's a will there's a wife

@jolslover

IMO, I think Mitroglou is better than Gayle and I do not think there wages would be that much different. For that reason I do not think Gayle would be a good signing, as it would most likely lead to Mitroglou leaving. If Mitroglou didnt exist I would be very happy with Gayle as I think hes a great striker, just not as good as the Trog
STH H3

Northern Cottager

Quote from: @jolslover on August 02, 2015, 05:49:55 PM
IMO, I think Mitroglou is better than Gayle and I do not think there wages would be that much different. For that reason I do not think Gayle would be a good signing, as it would most likely lead to Mitroglou leaving. If Mitroglou didnt exist I would be very happy with Gayle as I think hes a great striker, just not as good as the Trog

Main problem is...mitrogolou will want out as soon as someone comes in. If we miss out on Gayle now and in Jan mitro get a an offer we have none.

@jolslover

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 02, 2015, 06:21:27 PM

Main problem is...mitrogolou will want out as soon as someone comes in. If we miss out on Gayle now and in Jan mitro get a an offer we have none.

If Mitroglou starts firing and were in a good position by January who knows he may even want to stay.
STH H3

Chutney

Gayle loves a dive, if he cuts out the cheating he will be a welcome signing!
C O Y W

Blanco

Don't think he compares to Mitroglou. The greek is world class when he's in form. In other words before Fulham signed him.

hovewhite

Keep the greek ,simples!

Ron91

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 02, 2015, 06:21:27 PM

Agreed would love him to stay but im working under the assumption he will leave when someone comes sniffing.

FPT

Dwight Gayle would give our attack a completely different dimension, which is good. He can offer pace in behind and has a natural finishing ability. He can run the channels, which we've not had since Andy Johnson and pretty vital in a 442. I don't think his size will cause a problem in terms of crosses - Jermain Defoe didn't do badly; he'd also give something for Tom Cairney to thread side-rule passes to off of the right hand side. He may not have a prolific record, but 12 goals in 18 Premier League starts isn't half bad, more than half of his appearances have been from the bench.

Although generally against loans, I don't mind a loan for a matured footballer with his finishing ability. If Moussa Dembele and Kostas Mitroglou are going to leave (which is looking likely) his dynamism will be vital in, what would be, a striking pack.