watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sakari Mattila

Started by @jolslover, August 02, 2015, 08:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestrand

If true it'll be interesting to see how he adapts to championship football.
Well I did think if we can't get what we want we should cast our net further, looks like I got my wish.

Jonaldiniho 88

If he's good and cheap then good business by the club. It really would signify that McDonald isn't coming and if they both are I think we may be over strengthened in that position. Parker, hyndman, Ohara, McDonald and or mattila.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: MJG on August 02, 2015, 10:36:02 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 02, 2015, 10:30:25 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 02, 2015, 10:28:24 PM
Or a bit of actual scouting and seeing something that's worth a very small gamble.

I like your enthusiasm, but this is something we don't tend to do that well.
It's too random to be a desperate one. We have done well so far and then we fall off a cliff with this one? . Must be a scout recommendation and not much more than that.

Id be pretty certain our scouts have seen more of him than all the youtube/wikipedia experts on here anyway!

Denver Fulham

The guy recently started two Euro qualifiers for Finland. Heaven forbid we take a flier on a mid-20s senior national teamer instead of paying 250% of market price for a mediocre Englishman. If he isn't good enough, so be it. It cost us pennies. I like that the club is starting to expand its view on where we can find players that can help us in our current league.

Texas White

Quote from: MJG on August 02, 2015, 10:28:24 PM
Or a bit of actual scouting and seeing something that's worth a very small gamble.

And all the doom merchants say PANIC.... oh to be a Fulham fan.

@jolslover

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 02, 2015, 10:50:01 PM
The guy recently started two Euro qualifiers for Finland. Heaven forbid we take a flier on a mid-20s senior national teamer instead of paying 250% of market price for a mediocre Englishman. If he isn't good enough, so be it. It cost us pennies. I like that the club is starting to expand its view on where we can find players that can help us in our current league.

This.
STH H3

mike_corkcity12

Pointless signing and waste of 250k.

Obviously I will get slaughtered for that comment as I have never seen him play, but let us be realistic here.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 03, 2015, 01:10:10 AM
Pointless signing and waste of 250k.

Really? What evidence tells you that? Have you seen him play? Why make a comment like you have unless you have a clue. Do you? Please tell me how he played in his league.

Riverside

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 02, 2015, 10:50:01 PM

Do you know what position he played for Finland ? DM or CB ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrexFFC

If his cost is that cheap I don't really mind. You can never have enough cover in positions and if he can play DM and CB isn't that a good thing? I mean injuries definitely do happen throughout the course of a season. Mike Rigg is handling things now and while he may make some mistakes along the way I am very confident with him steering the ship for transfers. If this guy is a miss then it's not like we paid a fortune. Better to pay lots of money for mostly sure fire players and pay little for gambles. That's the way I see it anyways.

leonffc

How much did we pay lowly Maidstone for Chris Smalling?

How many years ago was England's Jamie Vardy playing non league?

SKSW6

I've got a mate who watches and is involved in Scandinavian football for his job. He says the guy is bog-standard in that league, and journos over there can't work out at all why we've gone in for him.

Hoppus

I am Norwegian, and I have seen this guy play a lot. He is really poor, even to Norwegian standards.

sunburywhite

He must be the new Mark Fotheringham
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

epsomraver

Quote from: ollienixs on August 02, 2015, 10:06:01 PM
Dickachoi or whatever he was called the south African looked like a beast on youtube and he was dog turd

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

If you don't know what you are talking about please refrain from the keyboard, Dikgacio held his place at Palace for 3 years and still was playing for Cardiff up to the end of last season

DevonFFC

Yeah and he was cap.  Hardly set the world alight and my point being thay before he came the youtube videos made him look like  Michael essien, which he certainly wasn't.  Anyone can capture a few best bits on a youtube clip

epsomraver

Re:
Quote from: ollienixs on August 03, 2015, 12:00:58 PM
Yeah and he was cap.  Hardly set the world alight and my point being thay before he came the youtube videos made him look like  Michael essien, which he certainly wasn't.  Anyone can capture a few best bits on a youtube clip

That crap that he played for Palace in the prem ? held his place in the Cardiff team, plays for his country, oh yes he is crap, by your yardstick most players are ,I take your point re you tube and best bits however,  Don't watch you tube, I watch the players at games in the flesh,some on here should try it

west kowloon white

If poor by Norwegian standards ,how come he makes the national team?
That may "crap" info earlier in the thread,however?

DevonFFC

I hope if he does come he is a diamond in the rough that can be polished but a youtube video is depeceptive and there isn't a league in the world as fast or as physical as the English leagues and it can be a very steep learning curve for a player. I use the term crap loosely

Artful Dodger

To me, if he hasn't made it out of Finland by the age of 26, then a lot of scouts have already passed him over. He could be a late developer I suppose but it sounds like a gamble, albeit a cheap one as I can't imagine the Finnish league is anywhere near as competitive as the Championship and the step up would make it difficult enough.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae