watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Trog

Started by The Swan, August 02, 2015, 09:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

If he stays fit, he'll be lethal. The class he shown in the brief glimpses he's played, is similar to Berbatov. He has scored goasl at the highest level, he's played in the Champions League, no way he's rubbish. He showed strength, pace and teamwork in the match against Palarse.

Top scorer this season, I'll put £20 quid on it and upload the photo as evidence (if someone explains how!)
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: westcliff white on August 03, 2015, 06:34:21 PM
What do we call massive wages? 50k plus? As he isn't on that at all.

And to be fair, in this day and age £50k isn't massive!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

JoelH5

Plus we've got Stek and Ruiz off the wage bill.... We can afford it
I was there, standing in the Putney end

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 03, 2015, 07:02:58 PM
Plus we've got Stek and Ruiz off the wage bill.... We can afford it

+ Hugo + probably Amour
If we've got 4 big earners off our payroll, keeping an INTERNATIONAL GOALSCORER
is chicken feed against those 4 wages
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Artful Dodger

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 03, 2015, 06:49:32 PM

Surely when we signed him, given we were in the relegation zone at the time and near odds on for relegation, someone thought to put a clause in that said if we go down, so does your pay (the flip side being if he had scored goals that kept us up, here is a big wedge of cash)?? Even £25k a week is probably as much as he would earn in Greece or Turkey, so a top championship wage surely must still be attractive financially, even if he is not happy in a sporting sense??
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 03, 2015, 06:37:54 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 03, 2015, 06:25:47 PM
by a mental German

Rene was Dutch!

Neither Rene nor the mental German signed him.  He was signed in one of our numerous "management in crisis/transition" periods after Rene was told to walk the plank.  My strongest guess would be that Macintosh signed him. 
Nogood "if he didn't, I'm a Dutchman, isit" Boyo

Jem

If he cost £11m and he played 1 season and we got promoted, the money we would receive from the prem is, i believe, a minimum of £100m. As our American friends say, "Do the math".
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Greek

^^ This is why Fulham should send Kit to some Cote D'Azur charm school if such a thing exists, with the mission of learning how to convince Mitroglou he will be a starter and fan favorite if he stays + have high wages and all the rest of it. A player like this when fit is the difference between the playoffs and mid-bottom of the table. The whole club including the owner should publicly state every day, Fulham is playing this season with the explicit target of getting promoted.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Greek on August 03, 2015, 08:38:43 PM
^^ This is why Fulham should send Kit to some Cote D'Azur charm school if such a thing exists, with the mission of learning how to convince Mitroglou he will be a starter and fan favorite if he stays + have high wages and all the rest of it. A player like this when fit is the difference between the playoffs and mid-bottom of the table. The whole club including the owner should publicly state every day, Fulham is playing this season with the explicit target of getting promoted.
Unfortunately, Fulham fans like to have a go rather than back the players on the pitch. 1 mistake and they will start the ol what a waste of money or worse!
Look at Bryan as an example and of course Zamora when he started. If we made a real 'over the top' fuss of Mitro he may possibly feel wanted and start to like being here? I doubt it will happen though.

westcliff white

Quote from: Artful Dodger on August 03, 2015, 07:58:04 PM
Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 03, 2015, 06:49:32 PM

Surely when we signed him, given we were in the relegation zone at the time and near odds on for relegation, someone thought to put a clause in that said if we go down, so does your pay (the flip side being if he had scored goals that kept us up, here is a big wedge of cash)?? Even £25k a week is probably as much as he would earn in Greece or Turkey, so a top championship wage surely must still be attractive financially, even if he is not happy in a sporting sense??
Allegedly one of the things that ticked Brede off was that those players signed that January didn't have the relegation clause that said if we go down so does your salary, don't know if it is true but was rumoured to be why his agent was getting arsey about Brede having to take a pay cut
Every day is a Fulham day

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

He's 27.
He probably has a choice of either playing for us for a season (or more) and be in a successful side that has all the potential glamour of promotion and the fans adulation of him, + the PS the other side of the hill.
Of course we may not make it or a dip in form may give Kit the excuse not to play him.
or
He can go to other clubs. if it was PS it would probably be mid/low table or to other European Clubs but not
major ones, although Lisbon are reasonably big fish.
Either way it may be that the wages are similar if he's on a "goals bonus" with us his wages could sky rocket.

If it were me :0)  I'd give us a year and have all of the trappings that we hopefully will offer and then decide.
He'll only be 28, still plenty of time to set him up for life.
At the moment he seems to be stagnant/dormant.

Give us a go Zorba and Kit, give Zorba a good run
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

WayneKerrins

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 03, 2015, 09:22:53 PM
Quote from: Greek on August 03, 2015, 08:38:43 PM
Unfortunately, Fulham fans like to have a go rather than back the players on the pitch. 1 mistake and they will start the ol what a waste of money or worse!
Look at Bryan as an example and of course Zamora when he started. If we made a real 'over the top' fuss of Mitro he may possibly feel wanted and start to like being here? I doubt it will happen though.
[/quote

LOL.
Overall we're uber reasonable probably overly so.
You need to learn the lore and culture of a random selection of other English clubs if you think we are critical and demanding.