more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

today's game

Started by alfie, August 01, 2015, 05:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on August 03, 2015, 12:27:44 PM
I was also there, and I also thought that Lonergan had a relatively good game. Pulled off 1 cracking save and seemed confident in coming for crosses.

I am a fan of Jazz and thought he put in a solid performance. Nothing spectacular, but he was good.

Burn was better than Hutch imo. Made some very good clearances and I thought Hutch just looked off. Nothing against him, but I didn't think it was a very good performance.

Garbutt has great potential. Hasn't had too much time to settle in to our style, and he'll improve as we go on. Shame about the injury though.

O'Hara was easily our best player. Very Murphyesque, and I'm sure he can keep Parker out (and probably take the armband too).

Cairney would be a lot better if he played in-field. He's got great quality, but not on the wing.

LVC was everywhere he needed to be. Whenever there was a gap, he was there to cover. Didn't do much with the ball, but didn't need to.

I like Pringle. I think he's good on the wing, but again, would be better inside. Good passing, crisp finish (sorry).

McCormack was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Was really disappointed apart from the few moments of Berba-style class he showed. Dropped too deep, drifted too wide, never got himself into a good attacking position. Good assist though.

Woodrow, imo, has a lot of potential. I think I rate him higher than anyone else here. The main problem was his positioning on Saturday. I don't know what he was doing so wide at goal kicks, standing barely 5 feet in front of Pringle. Should have been in the number 9 role throughout, not moving out wide at all. As much as I like him, our worst player on the day.

The Trog was sublime. He looked so happy to be out there. Couple of misplaced passes but he looked motivated. Will be very happy if he sticks around
0001.jpeg

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on August 03, 2015, 12:27:44 PM
I was also there, and I also thought that Lonergan had a relatively good game. Pulled off 1 cracking save and seemed confident in coming for crosses.

I am a fan of Jazz and thought he put in a solid performance. Nothing spectacular, but he was good.

Burn was better than Hutch imo. Made some very good clearances and I thought Hutch just looked off. Nothing against him, but I didn't think it was a very good performance.

Garbutt has great potential. Hasn't had too much time to settle in to our style, and he'll improve as we go on. Shame about the injury though.

O'Hara was easily our best player. Very Murphyesque, and I'm sure he can keep Parker out (and probably take the armband too).

Cairney would be a lot better if he played in-field. He's got great quality, but not on the wing.

LVC was everywhere he needed to be. Whenever there was a gap, he was there to cover. Didn't do much with the ball, but didn't need to.

I like Pringle. I think he's good on the wing, but again, would be better inside. Good passing, crisp finish (sorry).

McCormack was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Was really disappointed apart from the few moments of Berba-style class he showed. Dropped too deep, drifted too wide, never got himself into a good attacking position. Good assist though.

Woodrow, imo, has a lot of potential. I think I rate him higher than anyone else here. The main problem was his positioning on Saturday. I don't know what he was doing so wide at goal kicks, standing barely 5 feet in front of Pringle. Should have been in the number 9 role throughout, not moving out wide at all. As much as I like him, our worst player on the day.

The Trog was sublime. He looked so happy to be out there. Couple of misplaced passes but he looked motivated. Will be very happy if he sticks around

Pretty accurate assessment from where I was sitting. Slight differences for me were I don't think Burn or Hutch are good enough, its not just Hutch for me and up until Palace I thought it was just Hutch. I used to really rate burn but he has to be the slowest centre half I have ever seen on the turn. Gets caught flat footed too much and that's not lack of pace, it's positional and reading of the game. Otherwise Brede or John Terry would have struggled big time on pace alone. So Hutch is poor but I think we need two centre backs.

Didn't think Ross was that bad but I think we have to face facts he is the championships Rooney and no matter how much you pick the team around him as the striker, he will always come deep looking for the ball. We need a striker to play in front of him if Mitroglou goes and Gayle fits that bill.

I also don't think Woodrow has as much potential as you either but I do really like the lad. I just think at this level he will always be a very good 4th choice but to be more than that I think he is in the wrong division. That doesn't mean I think he is rubbish because he isn't,  I just feel we will always need someone who offers more.

But overall it's fair to say we were definitely watching the same game!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging