watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Match info on our OTHER match today?

Started by HatterDon, August 01, 2015, 05:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Lineups? Scores? Reports? I couldn't find anything here or on the official.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jamie88

Won 1-0, Dembele with the goal

Lineup was:

Rodak
Grimmer    Pino       Burgess         Evans
           Tunnicliffe       Hyndman
Cole             Dembele              Eisfeld
                    Smith

Subs:
Dawber
Sheckleford
Casasola
Weymans
Smile
O'Halloran
Redford

love4ffc

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 01, 2015, 05:51:03 PM
Won 1-0, Dembele with the goal

Lineup was:

Rodak
Grimmer    Pino       Burgess         Evans
           Tunnicliffe       Hyndman
Cole             Dembele              Eisfeld
                    Smith

Subs:
Dawber
Sheckleford
Casasola
Weymans
Smile
O'Halloran
Redford

That's not a bad looking lineup.  Very happy to hear they won. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

HatterDon

thanks; two pretty strong lineups between the matches. I'm feeling pretty good about our squad.

WhiteJC

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Scrumpy

Colchester could feel a little hard done by, because Rodak made some good saves. Having said that, Smith had 2 very good chances (both made by himself to be fair) to score and missed both. We had a very good first half, passing the ball well, but second half was less impressive.

Grimmer looked good at this level and was captain on the day. Jordan Evans on the left still looks very promising, but seemed to be more defensive than usual. A shame because attacking down the left is the best part of his game. Hyndman was very comfortable in the middle with Tunnicliffe adding great work rate. Eisfeld had flashes of brilliance as well. Cole was OK, but nothing exceptional.

The goal was a cracker and great header from Mousa after an excellent cross from Jack Grimmer. Smith and Mousa did not work particularly well together and they were often 10 or 20 yards apart. I also felt they were a little isolated up front.

I'm afraid neither trialist made a massive impression on me. OK, but not exceptional.

About 70-100 Fulham fans in attendance, mostly old faces who wanted to tick it off the 'new' grounds. A nice, neat stadium with friendly locals although it was obviously a fairly low key affair.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

love4ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2015, 10:28:59 PM
i thought we sold eisfeld

Not yet but from everything I have read it doesn't sound like Kit rates him or has him in any of his first team plans.  I actually like what little I have seen of him play.  Though I admit I never got to see him play this last season.  

Extremely glad to hear that Grimmer played well and got his chance to captain the team.  I really hope we get to see more of these youth players in first team fixtures.  Players like Grimmer, Hyndman, Smith and Mousa.  I really like what I see out of our youth.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Lighthouse

Mike Rigg, who watched the Fulham XI game against Colchester United on Saturday to help Manager Kit Symons monitor all first team players, has praised the team for a dominant first half display in which Dembele scored in the 1-0 victory.

"We looked dominant and in control the first half," said Fulham's Chief Football Officer, "but we were disappointed in the second half to lose the momentum of how we approached it in the first half.

However despite the second half dip in form, Rigg was overall impressed with the group of players who made the trip to Essex at the same time that Fulham were playing Crystal Palace in the last pre-season friendly at Craven Cottage, and he will be reporting back to Symons on Monday morning.

"With two games on at the same time we wanted to give as many of the First Team players match time," Rigg explained. "What was important was that rather than one or two of the players maybe picking up only 15 or 20 minutes against Crystal Palace, that they got out and got a full 90 minutes just before the season starts.

"I was pleased with Ryan Tunnicliffe and Matt Smith," said Rigg. "As the two most senior players there, the way that they applied themselves was excellent. It was tough going there and I am sure it would have been quite easy for them to have one eye on what was going on with Crystal Palace, but they were excellent with how they approached the game.

"Moussa took his goal really well," Rigg continued. "It was during our best spell in the first half. Jack Grimmer put a great cross into the box fairly deep and Moussa finished it with a really good header from a distance.

"But what counts now is that everybody is ready to kick on when we go to Cardiff on Saturday
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 02, 2015, 10:48:37 PM
Colchester could feel a little hard done by, because Rodak made some good saves. Having said that, Smith had 2 very good chances (both made by himself to be fair) to score and missed both. We had a very good first half, passing the ball well, but second half was less impressive.

Grimmer looked good at this level and was captain on the day. Jordan Evans on the left still looks very promising, but seemed to be more defensive than usual. A shame because attacking down the left is the best part of his game. Hyndman was very comfortable in the middle with Tunnicliffe adding great work rate. Eisfeld had flashes of brilliance as well. Cole was OK, but nothing exceptional.

The goal was a cracker and great header from Mousa after an excellent cross from Jack Grimmer. Smith and Mousa did not work particularly well together and they were often 10 or 20 yards apart. I also felt they were a little isolated up front.

I'm afraid neither trialist made a massive impression on me. OK, but not exceptional.

About 70-100 Fulham fans in attendance, mostly old faces who wanted to tick it off the 'new' grounds. A nice, neat stadium with friendly locals although it was obviously a fairly low key affair.

Don't think Colchester really offered a lot, apart from their right midfielder. The second half became a training drill for Fulham.

First half we were excellent, especially Hyndman who ran the whole game for me. Certainly agree with your point on Dembele and Smith and personally felt like there was a real lack of communication between the two. I was sat quite near to Peter Grant, and on occasions his instructions to Dembele were really nonsensical and was asking the player to perform tasks that he didn't understand.

Was impressed with Eisfeld drifting in from the left and his relationship with J.Evans down the left was actually quite effective. Would much prefer him in a number ten role though.

@sonikkicks on Twitter.

ffc2004

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on August 03, 2015, 10:11:13 AM

Don't think Colchester really offered a lot, apart from their right midfielder. The second half became a training drill for Fulham.

First half we were excellent, especially Hyndman who ran the whole game for me. Certainly agree with your point on Dembele and Smith and personally felt like there was a real lack of communication between the two. I was sat quite near to Peter Grant, and on occasions his instructions to Dembele were really nonsensical and was asking the player to perform tasks that he didn't understand.

Was impressed with Eisfeld drifting in from the left and his relationship with J.Evans down the left was actually quite effective. Would much prefer him in a number ten role though.

Cheers Geoff.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: ffc2004 on August 03, 2015, 12:06:13 PM
Quote from: ClarksOriginal on August 03, 2015, 10:11:13 AM

Cheers Geoff.

You're welcome Sketosaurus.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Rupert

And in the third match on Saturday, my beloved became Mrs Rupert. The weather was perfect, sunny with a little cloud cover, the ceilidh band were excellent, the food was both fine and plentiful and the guests remarkably well behaved.

All enquiries about whether or not I scored will be treated with the contempt they deserve, Lighthouse, Mammoth, etc.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Rupert on August 03, 2015, 03:20:23 PM
And in the third match on Saturday, my beloved became Mrs Rupert. The weather was perfect, sunny with a little cloud cover, the ceilidh band were excellent, the food was both fine and plentiful and the guests remarkably well behaved.

All enquiries about whether or not I scored will be treated with the contempt they deserve, Lighthouse, Mammoth, etc.

Sniff, it was lovely. The groom was all white and the bride looked pale and gaunt and wishing she could be somewhere else.  Despite the clear fouls and the lack of shirt sponsorship. Mrs Rupert was injured early doors and is looking for a loan move.

Despite all this. I wish you all the best. Well we all know it wont last. She is far too good for him. I was only saying the....bugger how do you cancel the speech mode on this comput.........
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 03, 2015, 03:30:22 PM

Sniff, it was lovely. The groom was all white and the bride looked pale and gaunt and wishing she could be somewhere else.  Despite the clear fouls and the lack of shirt sponsorship. Mrs Rupert was injured early doors and is looking for a loan move.

Despite all this. I wish you all the best. Well we all know it wont last. She is far too good for him. I was only saying the....bugger how do you cancel the speech mode on this comput.........

She really is far too good for me, the trick is to make sure she never finds out....

082.gif

HatterDon

As we say in the Peoples Republic of South Texas, "Mazeltov, y'all!"  :wine:

Rupert

Quote from: HatterDon on August 03, 2015, 04:57:21 PM

As we say in the Peoples Republic of South Texas, "Mazeltov, y'all!"  :wine:

We're going to Egypt for the honeymoon. Next year we have to go to Ireland and Germany for various events, but the USofA is on the "to do" list, partly because Samuel (Rupert II now) wants to go to Disneyland and assumes we can afford to pay for it, bless him, and partly to see the Alamo, so you may have to hide from me yet, Don.

HatterDon