watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our beginning of the Championship

Started by Vienna1, August 03, 2015, 07:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vienna1

We are beginning with two away games, aren't we? That's quite a challenge! Hopefully we will be doing well against Cardiff and Wycombe. 2 Draws? Then we should be able to beat Brighton at home. At lest that's my hope...

aaronmcguigan

Wycombe is a cup game. Why would you think a draw would be ok against lower league opposition? It also can't be a draw, that'd be a disaster as it would go extra time and penalties

Vienna1

You are right, ist a cup game. Easy win? Do you consider it to be a good draw?

FPT

Our season starts with two away games but the Championship doesn't. We play Wycombe in the Capital One Cup in between our first game at Cardiff and hosting Brighton.

Wycombe are a League Two side, so it could really be an extra friendly with a competitive edge (though not to be disrespected).

We alternate home and away fixtures until September, then the season really starts, everyone should be back in the groove (if not already).

We have quite a good fixture list really to start off with, I can only see one of our first six league opponents finishing in the top half and that's Hull. I'd be happy with points at Cardiff and Hull whilst beating Brighton at the Cottage, then we play two sides I think will be around the bottom. This is the first time I've really dissected and looked at the fixtures, I'm now quite confident we'll start strongly and gain momentum early - fingers crossed on a good result at Brighton, start as we mean to go on! I feel intensity will be vital there given it's game number one with an early kick off time.