https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Interest in Hyndman

Started by ToodlesMcToot, August 04, 2015, 02:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: Nero on August 04, 2015, 12:53:20 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 04, 2015, 08:11:20 AM
Just to clarify again there are restrictions as to when and how long contracts can be offered to players at 17 years of age.
Also difference s when they are from abroad and the PL and championship have differences in actual contract details.

For example the earliest we could have offered Roberts a longer contract was when he turned 18 in Feb. Is it coincidence that pretty much after his birthday he never played again till Norwich?

Also Williams and Woodrow have signed contracts.

Burn it seems is not rated by Kit so no wonder not offered an extension.

Other have been offered new deals...but as we have said before you cannot force players to sign deals.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

yes but you do have the option of at the end of every year offering a new contract to keep the contract length up, Hyndman should have been offer a contract a the beginning of last season when they could see what he was doing in the first team, or even better when he got injured a look we like you, we trust you, we have faith in you sign this sunshine and get yourself fit.
And if I said they had but he didn't want to sign it what can the club do?

FFCAli

yes but you do have the option of at the end of every year offering a new contract to keep the contract length up, Hyndman should have been offer a contract a the beginning of last season when they could see what he was doing in the first team, or even better when he got injured a look we like you, we trust you, we have faith in you sign this sunshine and get yourself fit.
[/quote]
How do you know he wasn't offered a new contract?  I assume Hyndman, Dembele, Roberts and others were offered new contracts but for whatever reason (and I can see many)  chose not to sign up.  I hope Hyndman stays but if he doesn't I don't think it'll be because we didn't offer.

Chutney

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 04, 2015, 11:22:52 AM
Quote from: alfie on August 04, 2015, 11:10:25 AM
Quote from: BedsFFC on August 04, 2015, 09:03:55 AM
Quote from: Chutney on August 04, 2015, 08:32:53 AM
You can't blame a player that isn't being picked for wanting to leave, especially players as talented as hyndman/Roberts
Pat has gone into Man City development squad
Why do you think Roberts has gone to Man City? he is not likely to start for them, His agent has got him a good deal.

I agree 100%. I would have agreed with your first point if it had been, "You can't blame a a player leaving if he can get more money at another club".

Not playing at fulham on a few grand a week doesn't really compare to getting 10,000 a week to not play at city. Roberts came on against real madrid with Bale and ronaldo etc all playing, at his age, after spending all of last season on the bench, would you of done any different?

C O Y W

VicHalomsLovechild

The one thing many of you are missing is the Academy is now producing players good enough for the first team squad. That in itself is a huge step forward. Selling some of the talent for whatever reason is part and parcel of the business. If that money goes back into the Academy to keep producing talent then that will be another step forward. One you can't make unless you were able to take the first step.

Maybe we should be tying down those who produce this talent to long term deals!

BarryP

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on August 04, 2015, 05:06:09 PM
The one thing many of you are missing is the Academy is now producing players good enough for the first team squad. That in itself is a huge step forward. Selling some of the talent for whatever reason is part and parcel of the business. If that money goes back into the Academy to keep producing talent then that will be another step forward. One you can't make unless you were able to take the first step.

Maybe we should be tying down those who produce this talent to long term deals!

Most logical suggestion I've read.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

YoungsBitter

Quote from: MJG on August 04, 2015, 01:05:38 PM
Quote from: Nero on August 04, 2015, 12:53:20 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 04, 2015, 08:11:20 AM
Just to clarify again there are restrictions as to when and how long contracts can be offered to players at 17 years of age.
Also difference s when they are from abroad and the PL and championship have differences in actual contract details.

For example the earliest we could have offered Roberts a longer contract was when he turned 18 in Feb. Is it coincidence that pretty much after his birthday he never played again till Norwich?

Also Williams and Woodrow have signed contracts.

Burn it seems is not rated by Kit so no wonder not offered an extension.

Other have been offered new deals...but as we have said before you cannot force players to sign deals.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

And if I said they had but he didn't want to sign it what can the club do?
I think the reason why Rigg didn't mention Roberts when talking about player's being influenced by family, their agents and other Clubs was less that he was studiously avoiding his name and more that it was more than one player, from what you are saying we have similar issues with Hindeman and Dembele. As you say not much more the club can do than be prudent - "You can take a horse to water but you cant make it drink". This is probably the issue with Dunk too, Brighton keep saying he is worth more than we bid, now Ipswich have supposedly bid £5mm we at least have the option now to go back to Brighton and say, ok then, how about £5MM? I cant believe Dunk would rather be a Tractor Boy than living in London with a team of young motivated players.
Quark, strangeness and charm

love4ffc

For me it is simple.  The club should see that certain youth players are developing and deserve a chance to get more first team experience.  You bring the experienced players in to be your starting XI but at the same time actually play the youth more than the occasional game or 10 minutes.  It's a long season with plenty of games to allow players like Hyndman to get first team action. 

By doing this it shows that the club has a plan for you and really believes in you.  Rather than we like you but don't see you in our future at least in the interim. 

For me this is the club saying ok we are going to push for promotion.  Put all youth on the back burner for now and go buy us a team. 

I am all for not rushing the youth too fast in their development.  No one wants to see a lad burnt out at 18 or younger.  But the club has to start showing more faith in these young lads.  Otherwise all the hard work the youth academy does in developing players seems for not. 

Just my humble opinion. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: love4ffc on August 04, 2015, 09:01:02 PM
For me it is simple.  The club should see that certain youth players are developing and deserve a chance to get more first team experience.  You bring the experienced players in to be your starting XI but at the same time actually play the youth more than the occasional game or 10 minutes.  It's a long season with plenty of games to allow players like Hyndman to get first team action.  

By doing this it shows that the club has a plan for you and really believes in you.  Rather than we like you but don't see you in our future at least in the interim.  

For me this is the club saying ok we are going to push for promotion.  Put all youth on the back burner for now and go buy us a team.  

I am all for not rushing the youth too fast in their development.  No one wants to see a lad burnt out at 18 or younger.  But the club has to start showing more faith in these young lads.  Otherwise all the hard work the youth academy does in developing players seems for not.  

Just my humble opinion.  

I give you Bettinelli, Joronen, Grimmer, Burgess, Christensen, Williams, Hyndman, Kavanagh, Woodrow and Dembele all in the first team squad. That's almost a team of young players who have come through our development squad and is if you count and add in Burn and Kakaniklic.

Bettinelli, Christensen and Woodrow now established first team players and Grimmer, Williams,  Kavanagh and Dembele are getting regular chances.

Joronen, Burgess and Hyndman, possibly some others of the above and some of the younger generation should go out on loan to get experience as Rigg has said.

Not a bad record I would suggest.

How many other clubs have that many of their former youth players in and around the first team?

BestOfBrede

For me it is simple.  The club should see that certain youth players are developing and deserve a chance to get more first team experience.  You bring the experienced players in to be your starting XI but at the same time actually play the youth more than the occasional game or 10 minutes.  It's a long season with plenty of games to allow players like Hyndman to get first team action. 

By doing this it shows that the club has a plan for you and really believes in you.  Rather than we like you but don't see you in our future at least in the interim. 

For me this is the club saying ok we are going to push for promotion.  Put all youth on the back burner for now and go buy us a team. 

I am all for not rushing the youth too fast in their development.  No one wants to see a lad burnt out at 18 or younger.  But the club has to start showing more faith in these young lads.  Otherwise all the hard work the youth academy does in developing players seems for not. 

Just my humble opinion. 

0001.jpeg

love4ffc

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 04, 2015, 09:39:55 PM

Just my humble opinion. 

I give you Bettinelli, Joronen, Grimmer, Burgess, Christensen, Williams, Hyndman, Kavanagh, Woodrow and Dembele all in the first team squad. That's almost a team of young players who have come through our development squad and is if you count and add in Burn and Kakaniklic.

Bettinelli, Christensen and Woodrow now established first team players and Grimmer, Williams,  Kavanagh and Dembele are getting regular chances.

Joronen, Burgess and Hyndman, possibly some others of the above and some of the younger generation should go out on loan to get experience as Rigg has said.

How many other clubs have that many of their former youth players in and around the first team?

I hear what you are saying but while they are in the first team most of them are not getting regular first team action.  Without regular first team playing time how are we to show we believe in you and see you in our future plans? 

Rather then going out and buying so many midfielders why not trust and develop some of the youth we have? 

VicHalomsLovechild

If it's to be believed that some of the youth have expressed a wish not to sign new contracts then you have to plan around them. Also Kits and to some extent Riggs jobs are at risk if things go badly. So it makes it doubly hard to say to a kid "I believe in you here's 10 games to prove yourself"
Grimmer was captain last week and I don't think Jazz is any better than him, so there's an opportunity for a kid to realise someone at the club thinks he's good enough and can he step up.
Only one or two players have really gone on to better things from us. Agents and parents may well be harming these kids future prospects more so they the Club.

bill taylors apprentice

For me it is simple.  The club should see that certain youth players are developing and deserve a chance to get more first team experience.  You bring the experienced players in to be your starting XI but at the same time actually play the youth more than the occasional game or 10 minutes.  It's a long season with plenty of games to allow players like Hyndman to get first team action.  

By doing this it shows that the club has a plan for you and really believes in you.  Rather than we like you but don't see you in our future at least in the interim.  

For me this is the club saying ok we are going to push for promotion.  Put all youth on the back burner for now and go buy us a team.  

I am all for not rushing the youth too fast in their development.  No one wants to see a lad burnt out at 18 or younger.  But the club has to start showing more faith in these young lads.  Otherwise all the hard work the youth academy does in developing players seems for not.  

Just my humble opinion.  

To simplistic.
When every game is a battle for points as last season was it narrows the focus on the job in hand.

Maybe this season within a structure of solid squad of decent, mature pro's the youngsters can get more game time.

Bassey the warrior

This would really p**s me off. He could be the new Murphy. I saw useasing him in over the course of the season.
Surely someone is responsible for convincing him of the clubs vision and ambition?

VicHalomsLovechild

Equally there's someone else telling him his future lies elsewhere. Does he have a Twitter account? Let's all tweet him and tell him, we want him at the Club, we have a good history with Yanks and we'd like him to continue that.

MJG

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on August 05, 2015, 10:17:26 AM
Equally there's someone else telling him his future lies elsewhere. Does he have a Twitter account? Let's all tweet him and tell him, we want him at the Club, we have a good history with Yanks and we'd like him to continue that.
Does that pay him the 20/30k on offer elsewhere?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: love4ffc on August 04, 2015, 10:52:21 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 04, 2015, 09:39:55 PM

Just my humble opinion. 

Bettinelli, Christensen and Woodrow now established first team players and Grimmer, Williams,  Kavanagh and Dembele are getting regular chances.

I hear what you are saying but while they are in the first team most of them are not getting regular first team action.  Without regular first team playing time how are we to show we believe in you and see you in our future plans? 

Rather then going out and buying so many midfielders why not trust and develop some of the youth we have? 

Last season we were struggling to avoid relegation. This season we are targeting promotion. It is not easy to give time to bringing on young players in either of those circumstances.

Hyndman is really the only current issue here with Williams injured while out on his loan last season. He is probably a year away from being a real contender for regular games. If, like Roberts, he is going to have his head turned then we should just accept the fee we can get for him.

We have to think of the interests of the club, not those of young, inexperienced players who think they are ready for bigger challenges.

McBride78

I think Hyndman is a great prospect, and I am a yank.  That said, if those close to the situation do not think he will ink a long term deal, then I would not waste a lot of time trying to accommodate him in an already crowded midfield.  I want him to stay, think he will be a great player here at Fulham.  If he moves to a bigger club, or MLS, his development will likely be thrown off track for at least a few years if not for good.  I think it is best for him and his career if he stays here.  That said, money and agents talk a lot louder to young players.  Hyndman not yet inking a long term deal is one reason I am happy with the long term contract signing of the finnish CDM we just signed.  I want Hyndman to sign, but if he doesn't, I would play others who want to be here long term.

ToodlesMcToot

It appears that he has turned down multiple extension offers with the club. I very much want for him to sign with us but, if he's continuing to refuse he needs to be sold toot sweet.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/08/05/american-exports-u-20-standout-emerson-hyndman-turns-down-extension-offers-f
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

love4ffc

Quote from: HatterDon on August 19, 2015, 06:42:10 PM
Here's a bit of analysis on Emerson's situation from an American source:

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91stminute/2015/08/whats-going-on-with-emerson-hyndman-and-fulham/

Good article.  Seems to hit the nail on the head for this.  Sad really that it has taken this course.  I'm still holding out hope that Kit will start playing him and will get him to sign a new deal.