watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Notr fulham related!

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, August 04, 2015, 10:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

But Stoke have made some top draw signings this window. If we'd kept Hughes a few more seasons, we could have had similar.
And now they managed to persuade a Real Madrid youngster to move to Stoke, blimey!!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

MJG

The Hughes model 2015 is not the Hughes model of 2011
We would have gone bankrupt if he had his way in 2011

Ordar

Hughes is a very good manager, and he seems to have a good scouting network wherever he goes. He's building a very exciting side at Stoke.

Our performances at the end of the season with him (especially away) were exceptional. In particular that Birmingham game where we absolutely battered them for the entire game away from home.

love4ffc

Quote from: MJG on August 04, 2015, 10:32:45 PM
The Hughes model 2015 is not the Hughes model of 2011
We would have gone bankrupt if he had his way in 2011

Agreed.  I think his time spent looking for a job made him rethink his management style and strategy.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Logicalman

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 04, 2015, 10:30:06 PM
But Stoke have made some top draw signings this window. If we'd kept Hughes a few more seasons, we could have had similar.
And now they managed to persuade a Real Madrid youngster to move to Stoke, blimey!!

Sorry mate, disagree.
Sparky might be a good manager, but not for us, or, it seems Citeh and QPR, where he spent a lot for not enough return. Since going to Stoke he has learnt to work with a smaller purse and make do with what he has got, and he has done a lot better, showing that he can be a good manager, but poor spender. Remember, we had 'no ambition', which in Sparky-speak at the time was 'no dosh'.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Craven Mad

Hughes has come far since he managed us.

I think QPR taught him a lot.

Undeniably doing well now though.

It'll be interesting to see whether all of his signings do well - some big names, but many of whom have had inconsistent seasons of late and haven't lived up to early promise (hence why most are free).

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 05, 2015, 11:50:00 AM

It'll be interesting to see whether all of his signings do well - some big names, but many of whom have had inconsistent seasons of late and haven't lived up to early promise (hence why most are free).

Yeah I agree, but isn't that a risk with any signing big or small?
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Craven Mad

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 05, 2015, 07:16:50 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on August 05, 2015, 11:50:00 AM

Yeah I agree, but isn't that a risk with any signing big or small?

Of course, but some signings are surely a lower risk than others e.g. Jordan Rhodes is IMO a very low-risk Championship purchase: strong track record of consistently scoring goals in the league for a number of years.

Afellay could be immense, but he's probably on pretty high wages and has been very hit-and-miss for years - expecting him to adapt to the English game is a high risk IMO, but - in fairness - one that could really pay off...