News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is your favourite first game of the season?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, August 05, 2015, 12:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

We're getting close to kick off and I can't wait! It is always an exciting day in the football calender so let's discuss what our fondest memory is.

Although I have been going over 20 years it is only since the Tigana season that I remember things so specifically like our first fixture of the season. My favourites would have to be

1) Man Utd 3vs2 Fulham- I love the Cottage and it will always be the best and most special ground in my eyes but as an 11 year old visiting places like Burnley and Crewe that first time I stepped out at Old Trafford took my breathe away. We were early and the ground was empty so you could see everything. Then to witness Fulham take the lead within seconds and run Man Utd so close was a very proud moment in my life and almost matches being there when we beat them 2 years later.

2) Fulham 4vs1 Bolton- only downside here is it was at Loftus Road but it was a great game and we were top of the league! I remember Des Lynham closing the premiership program on ITV with this sentence "it's been a great start to the season, especially if you're a Fulham fan". I don't think the novelty will ever ware off, Saha and marlet both bagged penalties and I think Leggy got a brace.

3) Tough one between Pompey away winning 1-0 thanks to Zamora's  backside or Bolton 2-0 first game back at the Cottage where Knight and Cole could debate about who scored the first with Cole scoring the second. I will go for the Bolton game because of the celebration of being 'back home' as the Pompey game was dire. The only thing good about it was it was my first trip back since the Murphy header and it brought back special memories.

Anyway there's a few examples of mine. What are yours? And I could lay a bet on the two picked by many. Crewe at home under Tigana or Norwich.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging