Main Menu

Garbutt out for 6 weeks

Started by jimmyc19, August 05, 2015, 12:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyc19

Craven Mad

Craven Mad

alexbishop

Could have been worse but still. How Fulhamish...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

FPT

Sean Kavanagh and Kay Voser will be ok for six weeks. We still have Fernando Amorebieta contracted to us, I like Kavanagh more than others, in fact, I kinda prefer that he'll get a run at the start of the season and I back him to show his qualities at left back. It'll be fine.

St Eve

dannyboi-ffc

Awful news!!!!! If I had to pick I would play Voser. I wrote him off after Reading but Kavanagh got a lot more opportunities and IMO showed no potential or improvement. Voser looked ok when he came on against Palace and the fact he was with what I would class as the A team last weekend I would imagine he is next in line.

Either way it's bad news and I wish him a speedy recovery! We're gonna need it
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

grandad

Typical of our luck.If we can´t get an adequate replacement it will mean either Voser or Richards at LB & Grimmer RB. Kavanagh is just not good enough.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

Not good news, Amoreibieta has good and bad games but we all know he will do something silly at some stage, Voser has pedigree in the past hopefully he can step up, Kav worries me defensively.
Every day is a Fulham day

Craven Mad

Just like Voser, Jazz is an RB who can also play LB - could make sense to move Jazz to LB and bring Grimmer into RB for a few weeks...

Lighthouse

I think we have seen the last of Amo anyway. Not in any of the pre season. The injury to Garbutt is a real sickener. A reminder that our season can be messed up with injury however well or badly we plan. But it gives a chance for somebody to step.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

@jolslover

STH H3

FPT

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 05, 2015, 01:33:13 PM
Just like Voser, Jazz is an RB who can also play LB - could make sense to move Jazz to LB and bring Grimmer into RB for a few weeks...

I wouldn't be against that. Somebody on Twitter threw up the idea of Ben Pringle makeshift left back with Kacaniklic ahead of him which does interest me.

I do think we'll settle with Sean Kavanagh for the first six weeks, which is actually more games than I thought; 9 including the cup game at Wycombe.

MJG

I'd vote Grimmer right back and Richards Left back. Wasn't one of the reasons we bought Richards is he can play left back... So now you use him.

JoelH5

Should have seen Kavanagh at Crawley. He couldn't even deal with a League 2 forward. He is painfully weak. I pray we don't play him.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

McBride78

As said earlier, agree that we slide Jazz over and play Grimmer.  Grimmer looked sharp the other day, or so I read.  May be an opportunity for him to force his way into the discussion as a long term answer. 

Craven Mad

Someone on twitter [not ITK] suggesting a short-term loan deal for Husband could be a good option, but I just can't see Boro wanting to help out a possible rival this close to the start of the season.

Good idea if it's workable though.

Rhys Lightning 63

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

bobbo

Quote from: FPT on August 05, 2015, 01:03:23 PM
Sean Kavanagh and Kay Voser will be ok for six weeks. We still have Fernando Amorebieta contracted to us, I like Kavanagh more than others, in fact, I kinda prefer that he'll get a run at the start of the season and I back him to show his qualities at left back. It'll be fine. Qualilities , I can't believe you said that I'm with dannyboi any of the others are better. Sorry if I have this thing re kava agh but I don't think, I know he's not good enough now and almost certainly never will be
Quote from: FPT on August 05, 2015, 01:03:23 PM
Sean Kavanagh and Kay Voser will be ok for six weeks. We still have Fernando Amorebieta contracted to us, I like Kavanagh more than others, in fact, I kinda prefer that he'll get a run at the start of the season and I back him to show his qualities at left back. It'll be fine.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

cmg

Unbelievable disaster of unimaginable proportions.
Presumably our resignation from the League is already on its way.
Impossible to contemplate without going mad the absence of this incredible magician who, in 45 minutes of fairly ordinary play in a pre-season friendly, established himself as the vital key to any semblance of success in the forthcoming season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_mrNQBLSMU