watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Away tickets

Started by Harry Bayles, August 05, 2015, 06:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry Bayles

looking to book tickets for the games at Hull and Rotherham away it seems I can't pick where I want to sit, apart from the best available. It does offer choices of block but is of no use if you're not familiar with the ground. Who decides what is the best available? Anyone have any suggestions on where to sit at either of these games? In years gone by I've bought tickets for away games and been stuck in the front row

MJG

My suggestion is to Google a map of the ground and try to see what blocks are used for away fans or named on the site.
Rotherham is a good view from the away end so where to sit not so much the issue. But it's true you can't pick the actual seat you want and it's done by the software. Not sure if it just starts row A seat 1 and goes from there really.

gang

You don't have to sit where the ticket states just find a better seat.

Harry Bayles

It's just that last season they used to have seat diagrams for away games and you could pick a particular seat, just seems a step backwards in my opinion

MJG

Quote from: Harry Bayles on August 05, 2015, 06:51:00 PM
It's just that last season they used to have seat diagrams for away games and you could pick a particular seat, just seems a step backwards in my opinion
The FST did raise this with the club yesterday and it's been confirmed that away tickets will be sold on this basis as the new system does not allow the upload of seating plans for away games.
Apparently even Arsenal use the same software company and they have same issue.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: MJG on August 05, 2015, 06:54:32 PM
The FST did raise this with the club yesterday and it's been confirmed that away tickets will be sold on this basis as the new system does not allow the upload of seating plans for away games.

That's actually really annoying. I like to aim for an aisle seat when I go away.
Never mind. I am sure we'll survive.

MJG

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 05, 2015, 06:59:59 PM

That's actually really annoying. I like to aim for an aisle seat when I go away.
It is and I think it may have been something overlooked by the club when looking at companies to take over the ticketing.
We have warned them them about sitting and standing issues that's going to cause problems. But it's done and can't be changed.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: MJG on August 05, 2015, 07:04:07 PM

It is and I think it may have been something overlooked by the club when looking at companies to take over the ticketing.
We have warned them them about sitting and standing issues that's going to cause problems. But it's done and can't be changed.

How long is the ticketmaster contract? Any idea?

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 05, 2015, 07:20:53 PM

They aren't the infamous new sponsor by any chance are they?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

MJG

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 05, 2015, 07:25:02 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 05, 2015, 07:20:53 PM

They aren't the infamous new sponsor by any chance are they?
Have no idea,  but very much doubt it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Northern Cottager

As soon as the season kicks off and we're destined for bottom 6 again plenty of seats will become available home and away!!

RaySmith

It's true that you could choose your away seat from a seating plan last year - but wasn't this unusual?

My past memories are not having much say in your seat's location, though following Fulham away, you can usually sit in a seat different than your ticket anyway if you want to.

Wingnut

Quote from: RaySmith on August 05, 2015, 07:43:25 PM
It's true that you could choose your away seat from a seating plan last year - but wasn't this unusual?

It was unusual but I really liked it myself and this new system is a step in the wrong direction. Didn't even noticed the block selection when I purchased my Rotherham ticket. Just took the best available.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Berserker

I Googled the Cardiff stadium layout when I bought my ticket? As MJG said you can see at least where the away blocks are.
It's a shame as I liked to pick aisles seat. But Ticket master is like that for Gigs, you often can't pick your actual seat.
I'm just worried being a female on my own I'll get put at the back where the really boisterous fans  stand or at the front in the rain
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

leonffc

Surely ticketmaster are a big enough company to invest in better software to improve their service to their football market?
It can't be that hard surely?! Especially if all the clubs they serve gang up on them.