watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some Positivity

Started by Wimbledon_White, August 05, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

New season. New start. Early start. 4.30am alarm to get to Motspur to catch the coach to Cardiff to support whatever 11 players begin our season

Most positive I've been since enjoying the sunshine at Ipswich before a ball was kicked last August.  Hoping the feeling lasts longer this time around

COYW

MJG

Quote from: FFC73 on August 05, 2015, 08:54:22 PM
New season. New start. Early start. 4.30am alarm to get to Motspur to catch the coach to Cardiff to support whatever 11 players begin our season

Most positive I've been since enjoying the sunshine at Ipswich before a ball was kicked last August.  Hoping the feeling lasts longer this time around

COYW
Same here 430 for a 615 coach at MP... Must be mad

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lighthouse

Are we better than we were last season? Hell yes. Are we good enough to win promotion? Don't be silly, you don't build feom a relegation threatened squad in one window.

We will bring in a few more players before the Window. So positive we are better than we were this time last season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BestOfBrede

Quote from: ealex40 on August 05, 2015, 08:51:34 PM
At the start of last season we had one point from seven games. So, this season, if we win two points from the first seven games, surely we would be twice as good as last season?
Whoop whoop, I'm twice as optimistic now - thanks ealex

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: The Old Count on August 05, 2015, 08:18:57 PM
I'm completely underwhelmed by the close season signings and the ambition of the club. I think we'll finish 7th, 8th or 9th.

However, having supported this wonderful club through thick and thin for 50 odd years I'm used to all the preseason optimism and pessimism that precedes the start of the season.
All we can do is get behind the boys, not get on anyone's back and hope everything comes good.

COYW

For being underwhelmed you have us with a massive jump from last season (finishing where you said). I would be whelmed with that.

FPT

I'm all for positivity!

Ok, we haven't got that centre back in yet but I'm 99% sure that it'll be done before the window closes. Then there's a couple more bits and bobs to do prior to the window slamming shut but the bulk of our business was done early so we've got plenty of time to look at doing these things. I don't think the frustrations have been helped by the initial flurry of signings and then a lull. Then there was a bit of hope by Kostas Mitroglou's cameo against Palace hoping he may stay, but that was always unlikely and seems false hope has hurt some a bit more.

All in all, I think we're a better team than last year - our midfield is now balanced and more technically able, I can see us dominating more games home and away; keeping the ball limits opposition chances in itself. Our shape, reducing into two banks of four, also should help us look more solid and robust; so on the face of it, I can see our defence being improved as it is. We do lack that assurance in the back always provided by Brede, and to some extent Michael Turner also for his short spells.

I don't think we're a team made for promotion yet, we do need that centre back and we do need goals up top to help us push there, the rest is based on momentum and form both as a team and individually. If we can get the best out of our midfield offensively, we'll always score goals, just after losing Hugo's contribution to 18 and Mitroglou soon expected; another proven goal scorer will be vital to our chances.

Things aren't perfect, but there's a lot of good things in place.

Berserker

I'm looking forward to the pre match cider personally.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

love4ffc

Positive?  Yes I'm feeling positive about the upcoming season.  Yes we have made strides in the strengthening the midfield.  Yes we have brought in a good keeper.  Yes the lads look to be playing better. 

Now put the icing on the cake for me and get us a better back four line-up.  Also Dembele' staying would be another fantastic accomplishment. 

Window is still open......show us what you can do Riggs! 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Fernhurst

Here's to all those travelling  082.gif

Safe journey one and all.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

The Old Count

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 05, 2015, 09:44:37 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on August 05, 2015, 08:18:57 PM
I'm completely underwhelmed by the close season signings and the ambition of the club. I think we'll finish 7th, 8th or 9th.

However, having supported this wonderful club through thick and thin for 50 odd years I'm used to all the preseason optimism and pessimism that precedes the start of the season.
All we can do is get behind the boys, not get on anyone's back and hope everything comes good.

COYW

For being underwhelmed you have us with a massive jump from last season (finishing where you said). I would be whelmed with that.
You whelm easier than me then mate.  Lol