Main Menu

Some Positivity

Started by Wimbledon_White, August 05, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimbledon_White

Some fantastic midfield signings.
A much improved back-up Keeper in Lonergan
The best home kit in years, perhaps decades
The team morale clearly as high as it's been in ages; contrast it to the Magath era last season

Let's look upwards people!
Stop all the negativity!
3 points on Saturday and we'll all feel good I am sure.

049:gif

alexbishop

That's all very old news...think people were really hoping we would push on after some initial positive moves in the market.

Do think three points would help the mood but a clean sheet would make me even happier.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Wimbledon_White

Oooh Bish, you almost did it.

No negativity buddy! Let's be positive.

Three points and a clean sheet! How about that?! That'd do wouldn't it?!

Denver Fulham

The matches in August count for the same number of points as any others, and we're entering the first part of the season really unprepared in certain senses.

The back five may actually be worse on paper than it was to end last season, and now that it appears Mitroglou is gone, we're very short on capable striker options if we have any real promotion hopes.

Shoring up the midfield was nicely done and much needed, but there's still a LOT of work to be done in four weeks.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 05, 2015, 06:59:58 PM
The matches in August count for the same number of points as any others, and we're entering the first part of the season really unprepared in certain senses.

The back five may actually be worse on paper than it was to end last season, and now that it appears Mitroglou is gone, we're very short on capable striker options if we have any real promotion hopes.

Shoring up the midfield was nicely done and much needed, but there's still a LOT of work to be done in four weeks.

Oh no Denver, cmon buddy, keep it positive!

alexbishop

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 05, 2015, 06:58:36 PM
Oooh Bish, you almost did it.

No negativity buddy! Let's be positive.

Three points and a clean sheet! How about that?! That'd do wouldn't it?!

Always admire and appreciate positivity but I always try to give a balanced view ;)
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Craven Mad

I remember being told last year to ignore my concerns and get on the "hype train" for an FFC promotion. I wasn't convinced then and I'm not now either.

What I would say is that I think we're in better shape now than we were a year ago, but I'm still not confident.

As Alex says, though, three points against Cardiff would go some way to persuading me we're in for a much better season.

mike_corkcity12

Lonergan is reportedly first choice keeper. A nice kit is nothing to be positive about.

Lots of issues within the club.

Wimbledon_White

And hopefully there'll be lots of points on the board over the next six weeks!

COYW!

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 05, 2015, 07:01:57 PM

That WAS me keeping it positive. :)

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 05, 2015, 07:13:30 PM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 05, 2015, 07:01:57 PM

That WAS me keeping it positive. :)

Haha okay mate.
That'll do then!

I reckon we'll win 3-1 on Saturday.

Craven Mad

"May" actually be worse? It's unquestionably worse!

Betts
Jazz Turner Burn Husband

Lonergan
  Jazz Hutch  Burn Voser

I know which I'd rather...

Nero

well after last year having to play defenders in midfiled, i'm positive this year we have enough midfielders to play in defence

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 05, 2015, 07:21:32 PM

"May" actually be worse? It's unquestionably worse!

Betts
Jazz Turner Burn Husband

Lonergan
  Jazz Hutch  Burn Voser

I know which I'd rather...

I actually think Lonergan will help some. He can't be worse than Betts was in terms of overall organization and commanding the box. Last year's debacle wasn't Betts' "fault" and he made a fair number of big saves, but he was also a 22yo keeper learning how to play the full position and was at fault a significant number of times, directly or indirectly, for goals conceded. At the very least, having capable competition for Betts will force him to raise his own level to take/keep the No. 1 shirt.

Fernhurst

We played some football last Saturday that was simply stunning, didn't see any tackles flying in though.

Slade will definitely be looking to impose his sides physicallity on us and unfortunately like much of last season I fear he maybe sucessful.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RaySmith

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 05, 2015, 06:52:35 PM
Some fantastic midfield signings.
A much improved back-up Keeper in Lonergan
The best home kit in years, perhaps decades
The team morale clearly as high as it's been in ages; contrast it to the Magath era last season

Let's look upwards people!
Stop all the negativity!
3 points on Saturday and we'll all feel good I am sure.

049:gif
:plus one:

There's plenty to be positive about -let's get behind the team, and spur then on to some good results - starting at Cardiff on Saturday.

Jonaldiniho 88

I'm thinking positive. I'm hoping for a top ten finish and a big push next season. We are lacking in defence but I think defence is a position that can be coached to improve. Here's hoping. We have made some positive signings all be it only in midfield. I'm confident we will be top half this season. I have had my reservations about Kit but if he isn't up to it he won't be with us by Christmas and I hope he proves me wrong. I'm sure I will be the first to complain but for now positive.

The Old Count

I'm completely underwhelmed by the close season signings and the ambition of the club. I think we'll finish 7th, 8th or 9th.

However, having supported this wonderful club through thick and thin for 50 odd years I'm used to all the preseason optimism and pessimism that precedes the start of the season.
All we can do is get behind the boys, not get on anyone's back and hope everything comes good.

COYW

Fernhurst

All we can do is get behind the boys, not get on anyone's back and hope everything comes good.

COYW

Well said Count -

SUPPORT YOUR TEAM THROUGH THICK AND THIN

049:gif  049:gif  049:gif  049:gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ealex40

At the start of last season we had one point from seven games. So, this season, if we win two points from the first seven games, surely we would be twice as good as last season?