watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Train Strike

Started by Andy S, August 05, 2015, 07:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

The RMT and the other unions remind me of the Fleet Street union barons of yesteryear. They and their members got so greedy in the end with all sorts of outlandish demands, when they were already earning huge amounts of money and had a four day week, that in the end instead of a planned transition to the new technology and proper redundancy payments the silly buggers went on strike and Murdoch moved to Wapping and replaced most of the printers and ancillary trades with computers, and people working his titles got zilch in redundancy payments.  I'm all for trade unions but this smells of political moves rather than the welfare of tube workers.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

TfL but mainly Boris haven't sat down and spoken to the unions at all. All four of them were in separate rooms waiting for members of the board to chat. No one turned up. There hasn't been an all out, all grade strike like this for a long time. It's been one grade or another.
We were offered a very good pay offer; one, that under normal circumstances the unions would have snatched their hands off for. But the company are trying to combine the pay talks and the night tube negotiations in one. This isn't fair because it's two completely separate things.
It's not physically possible to increase the service as much as they've said with the job cuts they've done, without there being a massive accident waiting to happen.
The company plans to have stations unmanned. How would that be a safe place to be at 2am on a Friday or Saturday night?
Doing 7 nights on the bounce, finishing at 8am in Sunday (you're rest day!) and then returning on Monday morning isn't going to do your body any good. Do you want a completely mentally exhausted person driving you around?
I have done 14 years on the job and I plan on doing another 5 at most before I get out of there. It isn't a nice place to work any more. It isn't a good job any more and believe it or not, money isn't everything.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

westcliff white

unmanned overnight seems to work in other countries.

but I still believe waiting till they bring in the night service and striking for those hours is better than affecting hard working people during the day
Every day is a Fulham day