more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dwight Gayle will sign tomorrow

Started by Wearethewhites, August 05, 2015, 09:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

For Middlesborough..

Just thought I'd add this to today's feel good factor. 

Price gone from the bookies, some strong claims now doing the rounds on Twitter.

No sponsor, no CB, no season ticket, no Dwight Gayle.

Promotion is still the key though.

mike_corkcity12

Dwight Gayle's goalscoring record is not that impressive, especially considering the price Boro have to pay.

Fulham76

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 05, 2015, 09:50:14 PM
For Middlesborough..

Just thought I'd add this to today's feel good factor. 

Price gone from the bookies, some strong claims now doing the rounds on Twitter.

No sponsor, no CB, no season ticket, no Dwight Gayle.

Promotion is still the key though.

I heard him joining the ha ha's was a done deal! Either way, doesn't look like he'll be with us.

DevonFFC

Now we can break the bank and get rhodes

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Wearethewhites

Quote from: ollienixs on August 05, 2015, 09:53:12 PM

We won't break the bank for anything.

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 05, 2015, 09:53:56 PM

We won't break the bank for anything.
Agreed. Khan's, "I'll do everything it takes to get back to the Premier League", is complete nonsense.

DevonFFC

Sometimes I wish we had a billionaire owner

Blanco

They just turned down a £12 million offer from Middlesborough. Means they want at least £15 million. Anyone think the club will spend that? No.

One Martin Thomas

May be just may be this is a blessing and not necessarily in disguise.  You could see an empathy between Mitro' and McCormack against Palace.  There's a respect / partnership there and these guys will fire us to glory.  Assuming both are at the club when window closes.

Keep him Kit.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on August 05, 2015, 09:56:56 PM
May be just may be this is a blessing and not necessarily in disguise.  You could see an empathy between Mitro' and McCormack against Palace.  There's a respect / partnership there and these guys will fire us to glory.  Assuming both are at the club when window closes.

Keep him Kit.

Where have you been? The Greek is off to Benfica.

Blanco

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on August 05, 2015, 09:56:56 PM

Keep him Kit.

True. Let's hope Mitroglou stays. But promotion isn't even in the frame if we don't improve on our back line.

MJG

Quote from: Blanco on August 05, 2015, 09:55:58 PM

They just turned down a £12 million offer from Middlesborough. Means they want at least £15 million. Anyone think the club will spend that? No.
I'm a massive fan of Rhodes but even I would not break the bank for him at that kind of money. 10 maybe 11, but 14 plus I'd walk away from that.

DevonFFC

Give them 10 and a shed load of add ones.  Seems everyone does it to us

JoelH5

Quote from: ollienixs on August 05, 2015, 10:23:19 PM
Give them 10 and a shed load of add ones.  Seems everyone does it to us

Exactly. Don't think most others are foolish enough to fall for such deals
I was there, standing in the Putney end

BedsFFC

Such an odd concept that seems to only apply to football.

Here's my take. I'd spend up to £45 million of Khan's money to get Gayle.

I'd also like to offer Kostas £100k per week of Khans money to keep him here.

Whilst I'm at it. I'd like £1k p/w of Khans money to keep me posting 12 messages p/w.

The next 2 hours will dictate how I perceive our chairman. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of doubt

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Blanco on August 05, 2015, 09:55:58 PM

I work closely to a lot of people at Rovers and after mentioning this they said that Boro's offer was laughable and closer to the original £8million they paid a few years back. They even said if it was £12m they'd of likely accepted.

Andy S

The Manager Knows the score. If he doesn't lie it he can do what Hugh's did

FPT

Ok, this doesn't surprise me if true.

We wanted him on loan, Middlesbrough have offered £10m for him - if Crystal Palace do not want him, why not take the big bulk of cash that pays for Yohan Cayabe? They also make considerable profit on the £6m investment made on Gayle initially.

I wouldn't want to see us spend £10m on any player in this division really, not again. Good Championship players sit in that £3m-£5m range. If Palace want to do a deal with Middlesbrough, that's fine by me; we move on.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: FPT on August 06, 2015, 12:04:39 AM

We wanted him on loan, Middlesbrough have offered £10m for him - if Crystal Palace do not want him, why not take the big bulk of cash that pays for Yohan Cayabe? They also make considerable profit on the £6m investment made on Gayle initially.

I wouldn't want to see us spend £10m on any player in this division really, not again. Good Championship players sit in that £3m-£5m range. If Palace want to do a deal with Middlesbrough, that's fine by me; we move on.

Intelligent response. Well said.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Wearethewhites

Quote from: FPT on August 06, 2015, 12:04:39 AM

We move on, but just like Lewis Dunk, the weeks move and we fail to have any backups to our original ideas. I don't think it's the fact that we lose out to expensive players, or players demands, it's the Clubs mindset that really gets up my hooter. We're not prepared to push the boat out at any cost, and that's what's really annoying.