Main Menu

Stop being a bunch of Prima Donnas

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 05, 2015, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 06, 2015, 04:18:22 AM
Quote from: Blanco on August 06, 2015, 03:56:16 AM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 05, 2015, 11:50:04 PM

I love your little 'be positive' rants, but your footballing knowledge is always very limited, and you fail to look at whole story. Do you live abroad by any chance, thought so.

This comment is so arrogant.

That's because he is arrogant, and appears to criticise unfairly, anybody for anything, He is ways making nasty comments. I use to meet blokes like that in the ring, which is always the best place to educate an arrogant individual.

I'm assuming you must of been in the heavyweight division Woolly. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Twig

I love your little 'be positive' rants, but your footballing knowledge is always very limited, and you fail to look at whole story. Do you live abroad by any chance, thought so.

I agree but that is what you get from a 16 year old keyboard warrior.

Personally whilst Gayle would have been a welcome addition and it would be interesting to see Mitro actually show us he was worth that fat fee, I still think that Mc, Smith and Taggart (who is expected to be back in 6 weeks) plus Woodrow and Dembele provide qdequate fire power. (We should also expect to get more goals from our midfield so let's not ignore that factor).

I am much more concerned that we strengthen the defence and especially a CB with leadership qualities.  Someone with experience who can marshal the back four when under pressure, ensure everyone is in position for set pieces etc.  That is what I feel we lack most.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Twig on August 06, 2015, 07:39:23 AM

I agree but that is what you get from a 16 year old keyboard warrior.

Personally whilst Gayle would have been a welcome addition and it would be interesting to see Mitro actually show us he was worth that fat fee, I still think that Mc, Smith and Taggart (who is expected to be back in 6 weeks) plus Woodrow and Dembele provide qdequate fire power. (We should also expect to get more goals from our midfield so let's not ignore that factor).

I am much more concerned that we strengthen the defence and especially a CB with leadership qualities.  Someone with experience who can marshal the back four when under pressure, ensure everyone is in position for set pieces etc.  That is what I feel we lack most.

Totally agree with the need to sign a CB with leadership qualities
Retaining Mitro looks very unlikely
People say Dembele is on his way, true or false?
Taggart is a huge ? given his injury history since signing with us
Ross & Smithy deserve a decent opportunity to see if they can rediscover their form & goal scoring achievements @ Leeds but should an injury occur to either (or even worse to both) only Woodrow left?
So IF Mitro signs today & subject to Dembele's situation we need to make our move
Surely we have a plan B & (& even a plan C?) with Rigg's arrival
Time to play our cards methinks
It all starts Saturday & there will be no let up afterwards
So COYW!   

BestOfBrede

Quote from: @jolslover on August 06, 2015, 12:31:22 AM
Now that Trog goes my next favourite striker falls to Moussa Dembele, Why do the ones I love always leave  :016: :016:

Hopefully if we give Moussa a start against Cardiff (Which I think he deserves) and he impresses he will think about signing a new contract
Perhaps you could turn your attention to Kit?

alfie

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 06, 2015, 01:14:53 AM
Quote from: love4ffc on August 06, 2015, 01:07:03 AM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on Today at 06:50:04 PM
"McCormack and Smith won't work all season."

Why do so many knock Smith.  Correct me if I'm wrong did not the McCormack and Smith not score something like a combined 30 + goals in the 2014 season.  I believe over 10 of those was Smith. 

I actually think McCormack and Smith are a viable partnership.  Especially in the short term interim until others are health and match fit.   

Its not gonna win promotion though.
How do you know that then? we have not played a game yet and they have been written off already, amazing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

epsomraver

true though, when a person who is thousands of miles away makes statements based on what they have read on some obscure distant web site or TWITter people who bother to go and watch these players have a right to be annoyed

PokerMatt

Quote from: epsomraver on August 06, 2015, 10:06:45 AM

true though, when a person who is thousands of miles away makes statements based on what they have read on some obscure distant web site or TWITter people who bother to go and watch these players have a right to be annoyed

People who live close to the ground get told about everything that goes on at the club? They get more accurate information based purely on proximity, like some sort of osmosis? I never realised this.

So they don't need to read things online and work out for themselves whether the source is reliable and whether to believe it?

I always thought the internet meant that wherever you live in the world (barring one or two countries) you could read the same information as someone else in a completely different part of the world.

I feel enlightened.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Tonywa

People who live close to the ground get told about everything that goes on at the club? They get more accurate information based purely on proximity, like some sort of osmosis? I never realised this.

So they don't need to read things online and work out for themselves whether the source is reliable and whether to believe it?

I always thought the internet meant that wherever you live in the world (barring one or two countries) you could read the same information as someone else in a completely different part of the world.

I feel enlightened.
[/quote]

Before the days of the internet when I lived in Ellerby Street, about two minutes from the ground the club's management used to pop into all the houses every day keeping us up to date with all the latest from the Cottage ;-);-);-)

epsomraver

Quote from: PokerMatt on August 06, 2015, 10:17:30 AM

I feel enlightened.
As usual you take things out of context, they are many on here who comment about a player who they have never seen play, don't go to games , that is what i mean tour new Finnish signing is a classic example

Chutney

Regardless of the situation our fans will find a way to moan and criticise. We could sign Messi and some of our fans would complain about not needing him because we have Matt Smith. The fans are the single most frustrating part of this club, for once can we try and be positive? The season hasn't even kicked off and people are getting in kits back.
C O Y W

PokerMatt

Quote from: epsomraver on August 06, 2015, 10:42:57 AM
Quote from: PokerMatt on August 06, 2015, 10:17:30 AM

I feel enlightened.
As usual you take things out of context, they are many on here who comment about a player who they have never seen play, don't go to games , that is what i mean tour new Finnish signing is a classic example

Ok fair enough. I stand by it's harsh to criticise fans who don't live nearby.

But as for the Finnish guy - I too am reserving judgement until I've seen him play.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Blanco

Quote from: Chutney on August 06, 2015, 11:10:32 AM
Regardless of the situation our fans will find a way to moan and criticise. We could sign Messi and some of our fans would complain about not needing him because we have Matt Smith. The fans are the single most frustrating part of this club, for once can we try and be positive? The season hasn't even kicked off and people are getting in kits back.

It's hard to feel positive about the forthcoming season with the lack of squad preparation. We all know what the teams weak positions are being CB and now that mitroglou is going we need another striker. It's not a necessity because Smith could be a good pair with Mccormack although Kit doesn't seem to like him. Our defense is just not up to promotion. The club have got a lot together this summer. The relation with fans has been great with the constant updates and videos but they aren't spending money and signing key players! Khan said he'd do whatever it took to promote Fulham. Has there been any evidence of that this summer? There are over 3 weeks left of the TW so I won't go ballistic yet. If this is the squad we have on the 1st of September I will be very disappointed. But as I don't live outside the Cottage I don't know what I'm talking about. I'll get back to reading the "experts" opinions who live a stones throw away.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Blanco on August 06, 2015, 11:24:53 AM

It's hard to feel positive about the forthcoming season with the lack of squad preparation. We all know what the teams weak positions are being CB and now that mitroglou is going we need another striker. It's not a necessity because Smith could be a good pair with Mccormack although Kit doesn't seem to like him. Our defense is just not up to promotion. The club have got a lot together this summer. The relation with fans has been great with the constant updates and videos but they aren't spending money and signing key players! Khan said he'd do whatever it took to promote Fulham. Has there been any evidence of that this summer? There are over 3 weeks left of the TW so I won't go ballistic yet. If this is the squad we have on the 1st of September I will be very disappointed. But as I don't live outside the Cottage I don't know what I'm talking about. I'll get back to reading the "experts" opinions who live a stones throw away.

Has there been a lack of preparation?  Our weak point wasn't JUST central defence:

We needed a decent, experienced "backup" or more keeper to replace the dire Kiraly - we've got one now.
We needed to strengthen our midfield significantly - we have done so.
We needed to bring in players who can play wide - we've done so.
We needed to bring in a left back - we've done so.

There was SO much wrong with last season that a lot of work was needed - some of it has been done, some of it is still to be done.  You can't always sign everyone you want, and you certainly can't do it all within the first week of the transfer window.  We're not gonna be the only club to be working until the end of the transfer window because that's just how football is.

Chutney

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 06, 2015, 11:44:25 AM
Quote from: Blanco on August 06, 2015, 11:24:53 AM

Has there been a lack of preparation?  Our weak point wasn't JUST central defence:

We needed a decent, experienced "backup" or more keeper to replace the dire Kiraly - we've got one now.
We needed to strengthen our midfield significantly - we have done so.
We needed to bring in players who can play wide - we've done so.
We needed to bring in a left back - we've done so.

There was SO much wrong with last season that a lot of work was needed - some of it has been done, some of it is still to be done.  You can't always sign everyone you want, and you certainly can't do it all within the first week of the transfer window.  We're not gonna be the only club to be working until the end of the transfer window because that's just how football is.

Thank you for this sensible post, everyone else seems to of gone in to meltdown.
C O Y W

Nick Bateman

Fulham are not in the position to be LOANING out our good players.  That's what our rivals in the PL do with their over-inflated squad.  We NEED players like Mitroglou, we do not NEED the meagre salary Benfica will be paying.  Where could Fulham get another forward of Mitroglou's quality for less than our loan fee?? 

Doesn't make any sense - unless you suspect the controllers at the club do not really wish to drive for promotion and are cutting their cloth accordingly.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

love4ffc

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 06, 2015, 08:09:43 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 06, 2015, 12:31:22 AM
Now that Trog goes my next favourite striker falls to Moussa Dembele, Why do the ones I love always leave  :016: :016:

Hopefully if we give Moussa a start against Cardiff (Which I think he deserves) and he impresses he will think about signing a new contract
Perhaps you could turn your attention to Kit?

064.gif 064.gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?