watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stop being a bunch of Prima Donnas

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 05, 2015, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Can we all calm down and take a chill pill? No one even remotely thought that Mitro was staying until he played 20 minutes in a pre-season friendly match, and now all of a sudden we're losing our heads because he is going to leave like everyone had originally planned. As for Gayle, who cares!? Again, no one was seriously talking about him joining until it was brought up a week or so ago, and even then people were asking why do we need him when we still need to sort out the defense. Now that it seems he may not join, everyone is losing their minds. Also, do we seriously need a new striker like Gayle when we have McCormack, Demebele, Woodrow, Taggart, and Smith? Watch Taggart be the surprise of the season and all of these Gayle nonsense be forgotten about.

The only real concern is that we haven't gotten dunk or another CB of similar talent to help fill the void we so desperately need to fill in the back 4 (oh and Garbutt is injured for 6 weeks or so). Up until this week we have had in most supporters opinions a successful transfer window, and it is not even closed yet. Without Mitro, Gayle, and Dunk we still have a very talented team that is capable of staying in the top 10 all season. Stop this nonsense of knee-jerk reactions and relax, the lads haven't even played one game of the new season yet!

We all love Fulham, and rain or shine I am so incredibly excited for the new season, and I know you all are as well. Let's get behind the lads and Kit and look forward to 3 points away at Cardiff!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

WayneKerrins

With the current defensive roster we have no chance of top 10 finish. Improvements in midfield will reduce goals conceded but by nowhere near enough to catapult us into top 10.
Not rocket science analysis: just stating the bleedin' obvious.

FPT

I agree really. I think the Mitroglou loan/sale is hurting some more because there was a glimmer of hope which proved to false. As well for Dwight Gayle, if Middlesbrough want to pay £10m for him, then let them - we were linked with a loan move for him, of course Palace would rather that much money for them, it pays for (and profits on) their move for Connor Wickham as well as making a strong profit on their investment for Gayle initially.

We've got things to improve, of which we all know. I'll be pissed if it doesn't get done, but I'll wait until it doesn't officially before moaning about it. Sure I would have liked for us to have signed a centre back by now, especially considering that we signed Jamie O'Hara on the 7th July, just under three weeks later we signed Luke Garbutt on loan and recently Sakari Matilla, so it's felt as though we've had time after doing the bulk of our business - but that's just the way it is. I very much doubt any football club gets all of their major business done before the season starts, let alone one that has had to deal with the bulk of players coming and going that we have.

We've just got to be patient, not get carried away and look towards Saturday rather than new signings.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: maoconnor on August 05, 2015, 11:17:00 PM
Can we all calm down and take a chill pill? No one even remotely thought that Mitro was staying until he played 20 minutes in a pre-season friendly match, and now all of a sudden we're making repetitive replies that aren't funny!  because he is going to leave like everyone had originally planned. As for Gayle, who cares!? Again, no one was seriously talking about him joining until it was brought up a week or so ago, and even then people were asking why do we need him when we still need to sort out the defense. Now that it seems he may not join, everyone is losing their minds. Also, do we seriously need a new striker like Gayle when we have McCormack, Demebele, Woodrow, Taggart, and Smith? Watch Taggart be the surprise of the season and all of these Gayle nonsense be forgotten about.

The only real concern is that we haven't gotten dunk or another CB of similar talent to help fill the void we so desperately need to fill in the back 4 (oh and Garbutt is injured for 6 weeks or so). Up until this week we have had in most supporters opinions a successful transfer window, and it is not even closed yet. Without Mitro, Gayle, and Dunk we still have a very talented team that is capable of staying in the top 10 all season. Stop this nonsense of knee-jerk reactions and relax, the lads haven't even played one game of the new season yet!

We all love Fulham, and rain or shine I am so incredibly excited for the new season, and I know you all are as well. Let's get behind the lads and Kit and look forward to 3 points away at Cardiff!

I love your little 'be positive' rants, but your footballing knowledge is always very limited, and you fail to look at whole story. Do you live abroad by any chance, thought so.

Taggart is injured again, long term, he's had a setback on his original injury, there's talk of him joining the Newcastle Jets again.

Dembele' is refusing to sign a new contract, it's all over the French press, he'll be gone in this month.

Woodrow won't score 10+ goals, you'll be lucky if he even makes it. Needs loaning out to a league One side. Kit handed the wrong  Kid a 3 year deal, sorry.

Mitgo is off to Benfica, years loan with a view to buy, we won't see him in a Fulham shirt again.

McCormack and Smith won't work all season.

Gayle spent 2 hours talking to Fulham after the Palace game, it wasn't a 'Myth' like you say, if he joins Boro' then we're not doing something right.

You're also wrong, we need another striker.  

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 05, 2015, 11:50:04 PM
Can we all calm down and take a chill pill? No one even remotely thought that Mitro was staying until he played 20 minutes in a pre-season friendly match, and now all of a sudden we're making repetitive replies that aren't funny!  because he is going to leave like everyone had originally planned. As for Gayle, who cares!? Again, no one was seriously talking about him joining until it was brought up a week or so ago, and even then people were asking why do we need him when we still need to sort out the defense. Now that it seems he may not join, everyone is losing their minds. Also, do we seriously need a new striker like Gayle when we have McCormack, Demebele, Woodrow, Taggart, and Smith? Watch Taggart be the surprise of the season and all of these Gayle nonsense be forgotten about.

I love your little 'be positive' rants, but your footballing knowledge is always very limited, and you fail to look at whole story. Do you live abroad by any chance, thought so.

Taggart is injured again, long term, he's had a setback on his original injury, there's talk of him joining the Newcastle Jets again.

Dembele' is refusing to sign a new contract, it's all over the French press, he'll be gone in this month.

Woodrow won't score 10+ goals, you'll be lucky if he even makes it. Needs loaning out to a league One side. Kit handed the wrong  Kid a 3 year deal, sorry.

Mitgo is off to Benfica, years loan with a view to buy, we won't see him in a Fulham shirt again.

Gayle spent 2 hours talking to Fulham after the Palace game, it wasn't a 'Myth' like you say, if he joins Boro' then we're not doing something right.

Wearthewhites,

Thank you for your mature, respectful, and adult like response. Your ability to intelligently and tactfully speak your mind is what makes me enjoy reading your response. It's almost as if you know me personally, and that we have been friends forever. My footballing knowledge is so limited, minuscule, and shallow in comparison to your mighty intellect. You are just so much more in tune with the world of football than I, so thank you for pointing out obvious Fulham related news/issues and assuming that I knew so little about the club that I love with every fiber of my being. With the proliferation of sports news via numerous outlets and mediums, as well as my connection to the World Wide Web, there is no way I could possible stay in touch with FFC like you do seeing as that I am a Yank living the States. Hopefully my carrier pigeon gets here soon with the most up to date information. We're still in the Premier League, right?

Sincerely Yours,

Mike

Wearethewhites

Quote from: maoconnor on August 05, 2015, 11:58:12 PM
Can we all calm down and take a chill pill? No one even remotely thought that Mitro was staying until he played 20 minutes in a pre-season friendly match, and now all of a sudden we're making repetitive replies that aren't funny!  because he is going to leave like everyone had originally planned. As for Gayle, who cares!? Again, no one was seriously talking about him joining until it was brought up a week or so ago, and even then people were asking why do we need him when we still need to sort out the defense. Now that it seems he may not join, everyone is losing their minds. Also, do we seriously need a new striker like Gayle when we have McCormack, Demebele, Woodrow, Taggart, and Smith? Watch Taggart be the surprise of the season and all of these Gayle nonsense be forgotten about.

Woodrow won't score 10+ goals, you'll be lucky if he even makes it. Needs loaning out to a league One side. Kit handed the wrong  Kid a 3 year deal, sorry.

Wearthewhites,

Thank you for your mature, respectful, and adult like response. Your ability to intelligently and tactfully speak your mind is what makes me enjoy reading your response. It's almost as if you know me personally, and that we have been friends forever. My footballing knowledge is so limited, minuscule, and shallow in comparison to your mighty intellect. You are just so much more in tune with the world of football than I, so thank you for pointing out obvious Fulham related news/issues and assuming that I knew so little about the club that I love with every fiber of my being. With the proliferation of sports news via numerous outlets and mediums, as well as my connection to the World Wide Web, there is no way I could possible stay in touch with FFC like you do seeing as that I am a Yank living the States. Hopefully my carrier pigeon gets here soon with the most up to date information. We're still in the Premier League, right?

Sincerely Yours,

Mike

So why mumble a load of rubbish like above then? I don't mind a bit of positivity, but you're banging on like we've got 302 strikers at our dispense, when really, we might start the season again with just Smith and McCormack, plus pub team striker Woodrow.

Like I've said many times, we've failed to replace Hugo's 10's goals yet, and Gayle would have a welcomed addition, if only on loan.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 06, 2015, 12:05:35 AM
Quote from: maoconnor on August 05, 2015, 11:58:12 PM

Wearthewhites,

Sincerely Yours,

Mike

So why mumble a load of rubbish like above then? I don't mind a bit of positivity, but you're banging on like we've got 302 strikers at our dispense, when really, we might start the season again with just Smith and McCormack, plus pub team striker Woodrow.

Like I've said many times, we've failed to replace Hugo's 10's goals yet, and Gayle would have a welcomed addition, if only on loan.

Can't disagree with "Like I've said many times, we've failed to replace Hugo's 10's goals yet, and Gayle would have a welcomed addition, if only on loan."

Hopefully we can pull some magic in the last few days before the start of the season, however, I don't Gayle is worth the 10 Million that Palace want and if Boro will pay it, then that is how it is going to be. It is rather concerning that we are bare bones so-to-speak in the position, but nothing to be losing our heads over at this point. We will see what happens!

@jolslover

Now that Trog goes my next favourite striker falls to Moussa Dembele, Why do the ones I love always leave  :016: :016:

Hopefully if we give Moussa a start against Cardiff (Which I think he deserves) and he impresses he will think about signing a new contract
STH H3

terryr

Errrr
Is the Mitro deal done yet?
The same was said about Porto and guess what?
Nada.
Personally I think we need another keeper as a back up as Betts has had his head turned by Chelsea and fancies going out on loan all year with an obscure Northern European club. As does Roberts.
Not sure why everyone is throwing mud at each other as a result of an absent Greek who played 20 minutes against a second team (albeit a PL team)
The transfer window isn't done yet. I'm not worried about strikers. I'm more concerned about the back 4 and another keeper.
Worried about the Greek?
Other than the aforementioned 20 minutes , I'd forgotten about him
But that's just me I guess

FPT

Quote from: TerryR on August 06, 2015, 12:32:55 AM
Errrr
Is the Mitro deal done yet?
The same was said about Porto and guess what?
Nada.

This is a little different. Mitroglou is actually in Lisbon.

TrexFFC

I'm getting so excited that I may just actually buy a home kit right now!!! Oh wait...

Tooting legend

You're also wrong, we need another striker

Your quick to have ago at someones post, But twice you have quoted that Gayle spent 2 hours talking to Fulham after the game. What now have you have become our new Mike Rigg!!!! Theres no way you would know if Gayle even spoke to us after the game, Basically there's a lot of wannabes that think they know what is going on. Basically Grow up!!!!!!!

YoungsBitter

I have to agree. Every team that got promoted last season had 3 players with over 15 goals and most had at least one with over 20, Watford had 2. We have Ross with 19 last season and as you point out we have not replaced Hugo's 10. I feel that with a full injury free season from LVC, and the new additions in midfield we will see more goals but we need something better than Smith and McCormack. I am pissed off over the way Kit has handled Dembele and if we lose, as you say, Taggart, Trog and Moussa then we simply do not have the firepower to get promoted, our now mantra-like goal for the coming season.....
Quark, strangeness and charm

love4ffc

Quote from: Wearethewhites on Today at 06:50:04 PM
"McCormack and Smith won't work all season."

Why do so many knock Smith.  Correct me if I'm wrong did not the McCormack and Smith not score something like a combined 30 + goals in the 2014 season.  I believe over 10 of those was Smith.  

I actually think McCormack and Smith are a viable partnership.  Especially in the short term interim until others are health and match fit.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Jack Fulham

Quote from: love4ffc on August 06, 2015, 01:07:03 AM

Why do so many knock Smith.  Correct me if I'm wrong did not the McCormack and Smith not score something like a combined 30 + goals in the 2014 season.  I believe over 10 of those was Smith. 

I actually think McCormack and Smith are a viable partnership.  Especially in the short term interim until others are health and match fit.   

Its not gonna win promotion though.

love4ffc

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 06, 2015, 01:14:53 AM
Quote from: love4ffc on August 06, 2015, 01:07:03 AM

Why do so many knock Smith.  Correct me if I'm wrong did not the McCormack and Smith not score something like a combined 30 + goals in the 2014 season.  I believe over 10 of those was Smith. 

I actually think McCormack and Smith are a viable partnership.  Especially in the short term interim until others are health and match fit.   

Its not gonna win promotion though.

Your correct.  I'm just saying that this strike team is not as bad as folks make it to be.  Do we need another striker?  That remains to be seen.  If we can get Dembele' convinced to stay and produces like we all hope then I see great things for us. 

Let's all hope some serious talks are going on between Rigs, Kit and Dembele'. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

St Eve

I didn't know Taggart was injured. Gayle is going to Boro. Dembele is going. Not sure about Trog. I hope he makes it. I have no problems with Smith , Mc and Woodrow. We do need a center back

Blanco

This comment is so arrogant.

..FOF..

Mitro knows he needs to perform in order to get a good wage deal elsewhere.

I think someone talked some sense into him, probably Rigg.

If he get his act together, I'm predicting he will stay until at least till mid season because a few clubs are already watching him.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Blanco on August 06, 2015, 03:56:16 AM

This comment is so arrogant.

That's because he is arrogant, and appears to criticise unfairly, anybody for anything, He is ways making nasty comments. I use to meet blokes like that in the ring, which is always the best place to educate an arrogant individual.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.