watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Before the end of the window

Started by Ordar, August 06, 2015, 09:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

I think there's 2 blatantly obvious things that need to be done.

1) We need at least 1 possibly 2 high class centre backs. Just pay 5m for Dunk or go after Tarkowski. Lees just signed a new deal so is off the radar.

2) We need 3 strikers who can score 15+ goals a season. Currently we have 3 in my opinion in McCormack, Smith and Mitroglou. If Dembele is actually played and gets a run in the side (as he actually should) he might be close to that although he might also be leaving. Mitroglou is obviously leaving and Taggart is always injured. That leaves Woodrow who is terrible. Basically if we lose Mitroglou then we're going to have to spend 6-10m on a replacement, which seems pointless when we can just keep him. Especially if we're stupid enough to loan him.

What worries me aswell is with McCormack coming so ridiculously deep constantly, can we actually bank on him scoring the 19 goals he did this season? The formation Kit wants to play is incredibly dependant on the number 9 being in the box to score the goals. If we play Smith we need to put far more crosses into the box, which we haven't been doing. Dembele adds a threat with his pace and Woodrow adds the ability to run around like a headless chicken so he can be praised for his "workrate" as he adds NOTHING else.

General

We have two strikers capable of scoring 15+ - you're being optimistic with Smith. Mitroglu I imagine could turn closer to 20 too, whilst McCormack is expected to beat his 19 from last year with the service and energy behind him now.

Ordar

Well Smith scored 12 in the league for Leeds the year McCormack got 28. I think 15 given our midfield is far better than what Leeds had that season isn't unrealistic. He always looks like scoring when he plays.

I worry a lot about McCormack playing so deep