watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Emerson Hydman turns down extension offers with Fulham

Started by Friendsoffulham, August 06, 2015, 09:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

I'm more disappointed about this that Pat going.

At least with Pat I felt he was miles off ready and we got a great fee. Hyndman is so much more polished and is probably 1/2 seasons from being top quality and if he goes it's for nothing.. Real shame.

westcliff white

if true I fear an agent involved here turning his head
Every day is a Fulham day

sunburywhite

Agents will turn any head they can. Its their way of getting paid (more than a tube driver)

Running any football club should be viewed as a business. the job is to make money. Sentiment is the big handicap with football, same as it would be for a business. if you employ someone you are sorry for but if he is crap then you are throwing money down the drain.

The academy should be viewed as a profit centre. If you can make more from selling the players than the costs each year then job done
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Chutney

I think it's obvious that he won't sign unless he is given first team football, I'm not sure that can be regarded as an agent turning his head, it's just a good young player not happy with a lack of games.
C O Y W

hovewhite

i fear we are going to lose dembele as well ,so sad about losing good young players.

Fernhurst

If negotiations have run their course then we must quickly work out how to maximise the value of the asset.

Agree it is very sad not to witness Lvc and Emmo dominate midfield for a decade.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

GloucesterWhite

As we seem to have given up any hope of promotoion and settled for mid table why not play him and Dembele? Having game time may convince them to sign up, or at least it would boost their transfer fees come January.

jarv

I thought there were financial rules about developing young players so there has to be a fee of some sort in return for the club's investment??  Anyone understand the rules?

McBride78

Why is it obvious he will not sign if he does not get first team games?  I think it is just as likely that he will not sign unless he gets between 20-40K per week.  I would imagine that his agent understands what kind of money he can make off of a kid who is the future face of the US men's national team and is marketing him as such.  I am gutted, as moving from Fulham is not best for his development at a footballer, but this is likely about money.  Why we say things are obvious when the only thing obvious is that a lot goes on in the business side that we will never have visibility to. 

Matilla signed this week to a long term deal.  He will be a Fulham footballer long after Emerson departs.  If Emo has refused sign I would not make him part of any plans for this campaign.  If someone would offer 5 million, I would ship him out.  If we can not move him at a profit, place him somewhere far from the first team and play footballers who are willing to make a commitment to this club.  We have plenty of mids who will be here for some years.  George Williams also coming back will strengthen the outside, coupled with Kaka and Pringle perhaps we can move Cairney back inside as well (Cairney is committed here for 4 years). 

I am a big fan of Emo and what I think he will become, especially as an American.  I do imagine that he can make a lot more money somewhere else.  I do NOT believe that is necessarily best for his development.  He has to decide now if it is money immediately or long term that he wants.  Long term, he will make more if he stays, wins a place in this midfield, and decides to move later, perhaps as a 22 or 23 year old captain and starting mid of the Prem. League Fulham.......but I am not sure at his age he can see that far into the future.  If he stays, he could be a record transfer and be ready for a move to a big club.  If he goes, he can make his money in MLS where his development will take a back seat to a paycheck.  Hate to see him go, but we are about to start a new campaign and I can not be bothered with players who have their eyes and mind set on departing the club, especially if they have not featured as of yet.  I think like many said, he is closer than Roberts to a contributor, but he is not today a player that we depend on as a week in week out starter.   

MJG

Quote from: jarv on August 06, 2015, 12:52:03 PM
I thought there were financial rules about developing young players so there has to be a fee of some sort in return for the club's investment??  Anyone understand the rules?
There is a compensation fee due based on how long at club, contract offered and how their seen future wise. There is no formula that sets the figure it done by a panel.
What I did learn Tuesday is that if a young payer in the UK sits out contract and signs for a team in Europe the compensation is less. And then guess what if he moves a year later to a prem side...tough.  Makes you think there is something dodgy going in that respect...never surely?

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

God The Mechanic

Quote from: MJG on August 06, 2015, 01:09:01 PM
Quote from: jarv on August 06, 2015, 12:52:03 PM
There is a compensation fee due based on how long at club, contract offered and how their seen future wise. There is no formula that sets the figure it done by a panel.
What I did learn Tuesday is that if a young payer in the UK sits out contract and signs for a team in Europe the compensation is less. And then guess what if he moves a year later to a prem side...tough.  Makes you think there is something dodgy going in that respect...never surely?

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

That's what Spurs did with that defender from Man Utd.  They wanted him, but the compensation fee was ridiculous.  He signed for someone like Standard Liege for a season and then joined Spurs the following summer.  Was dodgy as balls, but seemingly legit.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 06, 2015, 10:00:00 AM
Agents will turn any head they can. Its their way of getting paid (more than a tube driver)

Running any football club should be viewed as a business. the job is to make money. Sentiment is the big handicap with football, same as it would be for a business. if you employ someone you are sorry for but if he is crap then you are throwing money down the drain.

The academy should be viewed as a profit centre. If you can make more from selling the players than the costs each year then job done

Very pragmatic approach SW.
Sorry to say I have to agree with you.

Personally I thought Hyndman was the guy we should do everything to keep.
Always thought he was class when he played for us, even at his young age. Thought it would be a losing battle trying to keep him. Hopefully we can get some cash for him.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Barrie

Gutted at the prospect of losing Emo, very sad to see all our young talents bailing out.

Oakeshott

"As we seem to have given up any hope of promotion and settled for mid table ..."

Maybe that is why the likes of Hyndman want to move on. Nobody with real potential - as I think most of us believe he, Dembele and of course Roberts have - would be satisfied to stay at a club they felt (rightly or wrongly) was satisfied just with staying in the Championship, especially as they barely featured last season when, they might reasonably have thought, they'd have done as well as those who did play.

With the television focus and consequent revenue streams, the Premiership is the only place to be if one is a young player with ambition.

The circumstances are of course different, and without the rules over finance to worry about it was easier for MAF, but under his ownership it always seemed clear that he was determined to get the Club into the Premiership in short order, and we had signings at both managerial and player levels which were clearly markers of intent. The message is far less clear under Khan and thus far there seems a disparity between what he says and what is done.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: westcliff white on August 06, 2015, 09:54:54 AM
if true I fear an agent involved here turning his head
Not necessarily, why sign after watching the dearth of central midfielders being signed so far with more rumored to being lined up? Not sending a great message to him on his chances of playing much this season or his long term future. If he is that close to 1st team with the opportunities for the cub to make a large profit then any offer should reflect that along with a release fee clause.

Joseffc

Maybe Kit just doesn't rate him enough to play him. Wouldn't surprise me. Regardless of contract offers, if the club really did rate him as we all obviously do then I am sure we would not have gone out and bought so extensively in the same position Hyndman clearly wishes to play unless we knew he would be leaving.

If Hyndman and his agent think he is going to get more money and more football, at a higher level, elsewhere either this summer or the next, there is very little the club can do. Seems that if the article is accurate we should make sure we can enter into any negotiation in as strong a position as possible with regards to the fee

McBride78

Quote from: Joseffc on August 06, 2015, 02:07:30 PM
Maybe Kit just doesn't rate him enough to play him. Wouldn't surprise me. Regardless of contract offers, if the club really did rate him as we all obviously do then I am sure we would not have gone out and bought so extensively in the same position Hyndman clearly wishes to play unless we knew he would be leaving.

If Hyndman and his agent think he is going to get more money and more football, at a higher level, elsewhere either this summer or the next, there is very little the club can do. Seems that if the article is accurate we should make sure we can enter into any negotiation in as strong a position as possible with regards to the fee

I would imagine loose discussions about extensions start long before this article.  I think Kit rates him, but if preliminary discussions were not yielding fruit, that is why we would sign players of the same position.  We have played him in the preseason at the #4 and he looked quite good.  I don't think it is an issue of not being rated.  It is an issue of can we get him to sign, and if we are unsure get additional players.  I suspect he will go but disagree that it will not be about more football, it will be about money.  The only place he goes and gets more football and more money is MLS, which would be a terrible decision for his career development.  Not knocking MLS, but competing for a spot, in a European club environment will make him better.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: McBride78 on August 06, 2015, 03:15:42 PM
Quote from: Joseffc on August 06, 2015, 02:07:30 PM

I would imagine loose discussions about extensions start long before this article.  I think Kit rates him, but if preliminary discussions were not yielding fruit, that is why we would sign players of the same position.  We have played him in the preseason at the #4 and he looked quite good.  I don't think it is an issue of not being rated.  It is an issue of can we get him to sign, and if we are unsure get additional players.  I suspect he will go but disagree that it will not be about more football, it will be about money.  The only place he goes and gets more football and more money is MLS, which would be a terrible decision for his career development.  Not knocking MLS, but competing for a spot, in a European club environment will make him better.

A very sensible analysis and summary.

MJG

just a quick point, out of 111 people so far on the pick the team survey only 7 have found him a starting place.
Its more about money really