watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm wondering if we are doing things on the cheap -

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 06, 2015, 08:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Whether this is affecting the youth from signing (Roberts, Hyndman, Dembele)and Mitro from sticking it out......we have an inexperienced (cheap) manager and back room staff.....Peter Grant (cheap) seems to have inherited the U21's......yep, I know there is FFP.....but surely a more experienced ( expensive) CEO would of had a sponsor by now.......OK, I'm probably exaggerating, but it does make you think.....incoming

God The Mechanic

Well... Khan spent £10million or so in each of his first three transfer windows with minimal income to balance that out.  And at the same time we have no idea what the finances of the club look like from last season, but looking at our historical finances we spunk money away like there's no tomorrow and that's even before looking at spending money to improve the squad.

Sgt Fulham

Add parachute payments and player sales though...

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on August 06, 2015, 09:06:45 PM

Parachute payments don't equate to anywhere near the loss of TV revenue from relegation.  We've barely made any money from player sales since Khan took over.

We are an operationally loss making business who has just had it's revenue halved if not worse.  Of course we have to make money saving cuts, otherwise we will breach the FFP regulations that we agreed to when we applied to the Football League.

MJG

In case you want to read my thoughts and guess work on the accounts for last season have a look at my two articles on finances if you missed them.

http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/9/46/finances/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MJG on August 06, 2015, 11:06:44 PM
In case you want to read my thoughts and guess work on the accounts for last season have a look at my two articles on finances if you missed them.

There is a lot of moaning about the lack of shirt sponsorship. Do you have any idea how much we would hope that to be? Thanks.

The Rock

Surely this thread is a joke, but I'll play along. Shock - a - Khan is interested in making money, not spending it on the club. It's all about profit, not about the love of Fulham. His ego is more important than ours and it's not our call. Our high quality assets will be sold, things will be done on the cheap etc etc etc

I just wish he'd come out and admit it and that more people would take the club to task. It's difficult, because I'll still go to the games and support the club - so what does that make me? A supporter of a club for life that is owned by a hypocrite.

MJG

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 06, 2015, 11:11:12 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 06, 2015, 11:06:44 PM

There is a lot of moaning about the lack of shirt sponsorship. Do you have any idea how much we would hope that to be? Thanks.
It's difficult to work out as not often you get the figures, but should be looking at a low seven figure per year deal in the championship.

WayneKerrins

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 06, 2015, 09:19:54 PM

Parachute payments don't equate to anywhere near the loss of TV revenue from relegation.  We've barely made any money from player sales since Khan took over.

We are an operationally loss making business who has just had it's revenue halved if not worse.  Of course we have to make money saving cuts, otherwise we will breach the FFP regulations that we agreed to when we applied to the Football League.

So much factually and analytically wrong with God the Mech's contributions to this thread. As a simple example add up how much we got for Kasami and Deja. Last summer was circa zero net spend. This summer big surplus on dealings to date.
As MJG who has better handle on the details on this than me estimates there's around £10m of room to spend now should our voluntarily billionaire owner be so minded.
As BWandG says on Tiff Khan made statements about getting the necessary work done by the START of the season. Only a few sundry idiots will maintain our central Defence doesn't need work. Yet again Khans words aren't followed by actions.
Read the Rocks post below: he has his number.

The Rock

Insightful Wayne and a better post than mine. Spot on. Dats da truf!

west kowloon white

Not responding to H4 specifically,but many posts are surely posted by kids on their hols

God The Mechanic

Quote from: WayneKerrins on August 07, 2015, 12:04:06 AM

Parachute payments don't equate to anywhere near the loss of TV revenue from relegation.  We've barely made any money from player sales since Khan took over.

We are an operationally loss making business who has just had it's revenue halved if not worse.  Of course we have to make money saving cuts, otherwise we will breach the FFP regulations that we agreed to when we applied to the Football League.

So much factually and analytically wrong with God the Mech's contributions to this thread. As a simple example add up how much we got for Kasami and Deja. Last summer was circa zero net spend. This summer big surplus on dealings to date.
As MJG who has better handle on the details on this than me estimates there's around £10m of room to spend now should our voluntarily billionaire owner be so minded.
As BWandG says on Tiff Khan made statements about getting the necessary work done by the START of the season. Only a few sundry idiots will maintain our central Defence doesn't need work. Yet again Khans words aren't followed by actions.

TRANSFER RESULTS 13/14
Earnings/expenditures   Arrivals/Departures   Transfer fee
Earnings   36   £2.91m
Expenditure   37   £20.65m
Total results   £-17.75m

TRANSFER RESULTS 14/15
Earnings/expenditures   Arrivals/Departures   Transfer fee
Earnings   47   £12.53m
Expenditure   46   £12.22m
Total results   +£308k

Yeah I forgot about Dejagah and Kasami - but in Khan's two full seasons we have made a c£17.5million loss on transfers.  This summer is a £3million or so profit so far - and that's without the expected outlay on Dunk or another central defender that will likely turn that into a loss and any other player that comes in between now and the end of the window - and we have few assets left that we could make money from.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WayneKerrins on August 07, 2015, 12:04:06 AM

He has indeed got his number.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rock on August 07, 2015, 12:08:14 AM
Insightful Wayne and a better post than mine. Spot on. Dats da truf!

Both good posts, and they have substance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

mikestrand

To me Khan seems to have surrounded himself with yes men who think promotion is attainable on a shoestring, which maybe true but not if you lack the knowledge to achieve it.
They'll keep patting each other on the back until it becomes apparent to everyone they haven't got a clue.
The good news is I'm usually wrong about these sorts of things.

love4ffc

Quote from: mikestrand on August 07, 2015, 02:58:24 AM
To me Khan seems to have surrounded himself with yes men who think promotion is attainable on a shoestring, which maybe true but not if you lack the knowledge to achieve it.
They'll keep patting each other on the back until it becomes apparent to everyone they haven't got a clue.

There could be something to this.  For me it has to start with expanding the board of directors. to atleast five members.  I also would like to see one of those members being a true die hard FFC fan. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

MJG

Quote from: love4ffc on August 07, 2015, 04:07:17 AM

There could be something to this.  For me it has to start with expanding the board of directors. to atleast five members.  I also would like to see one of those members being a true die hard FFC fan. 
Playing  devils advocate would the die hard Fulham fan you want, be the one who accepts we need to be financially responsible and work within our means, or the one who bangs the desk saying saying spend spend spend?

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

love4ffc

Quote from: MJG on August 07, 2015, 06:51:26 AM
Quote from: love4ffc on August 07, 2015, 04:07:17 AM

Playing  devils advocate would the die hard Fulham fan you want, be the one who accepts we need to be financially responsible and work within our means, or the one who bangs the desk saying saying spend spend spend?

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

One who works with in our means but is not afraid to ask what they blank are we doing? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: The Rock on August 06, 2015, 11:33:15 PM
Surely this thread is a joke, but I'll play along. Shock - a - Khan is interested in making money, not spending it on the club. It's all about profit, not about the love of Fulham. His ego is more important than ours and it's not our call. Our high quality assets will be sold, things will be done on the cheap etc etc etc

I just wish he'd come out and admit it and that more people would take the club to task. It's difficult, because I'll still go to the games and support the club - so what does that make me? A supporter of a club for life that is owned by a hypocrite.
Khan will never be able to make a profit from Fulham. He bought a Premiership team which is now worth a lot less than he paid for it, and the business makes a loss every year before transfers are brought into the equation. I would like him to dig deeper into his pocket and spend on ransfers, but I would never accuse him of trying to make a profit from the club.

aaronmcguigan

The only way for Khan to turn a profit is to get us into the premier league and market us as an attractive investment.

He can't profit from using the Cottage or gate revenue as it isn't enough. And that promotion jigsaw needs extra pieces in defence