watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Greek has left the building

Started by f321ffc, August 06, 2015, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

#FFC can confirm Kostas Mitroglou has joined Benfica on loan until June 2016. We wish Kostas the best for the season. pic.twitter.com/Z3UyoOSN65
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Riverside

Now we can move on Dink and or Gayle ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Riverside on August 06, 2015, 09:36:52 PM
Now we can move on Dink and or Gayle ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need both tbh now that Kostas has gone.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

@jolslover

STH H3

filham

Ruiz,Mitroglou and Rodders all off the payroll, that must be a relief for the accountants, let us hope it leaves room for a new centre half and striker.

H4usuallysitting

Beamer

Ironic that he played on Saturday but was fit to go to Benfica when we appear to have managed to crock half the squad one way or another. Funny old game saint.

HatterDon

So glad to see the Greek Jari Litmanen leaving the club. I hope he leads his league in scoring and we never ever EVER see him back. Now I understand that he had a good 30 minutes in a practice match this summer, but here's what I saw when he actually played for us in a league match:

Slow, can't hold up, can't lay off, doesn't run off the ball, doesn't defend. I hear he has a good shot, but I didn't see it on the day. Let him go. I'm convinced the only reason people are pretending to be shocked or saddened at his departure is that it gives them yet another chance to trash Khan and Kit.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

He came a stranger and left a stranger.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

Quote from: HatterDon on August 07, 2015, 12:17:44 AM
So glad to see the Greek Jari Litmanen leaving the club. I hope he leads his league in scoring and we never ever EVER see him back. Now I understand that he had a good 30 minutes in a practice match this summer, but here's what I saw when he actually played for us in a league match:

Slow, can't hold up, can't lay off, doesn't run off the ball, doesn't defend. I hear he has a good shot, but I didn't see it on the day. Let him go. I'm convinced the only reason people are pretending to be shocked or saddened at his departure is that it gives them yet another chance to trash Khan and Kit.

I'm disappointed because we've lost a proven Champions League and international goal scorer who we have had on our books for a year and a half who has only competed in 3 games, when he was bought to be our saviour.  Any suggestion that it hasn't been a horribly mismanaged transfer is way short of the mark.

The Rock

I'll let him go, but won't let it be. I'll end up trashing Khan because we'll let him go and we won't be getting those 2 key CB's to get us promoted.

HatterDon

Quote from: The Rock on August 07, 2015, 12:38:26 AM

I'll let him go, but won't let it be. I'll end up trashing Khan because we'll let him go and we won't be getting those 2 key CB's to get us promoted.

How in the world does letting a useless striker go affect our CB acquisition? Has logic no place on FofF anymore?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

love4ffc

The Greek playing for us was but a fluttering dream.  Acquiring solid CB's is not. 

The window is still open and I am still holding out hope that the club is doing something about this. 

Tick Tock...Tick Tock... 051
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

St Eve

Difficult to comment on really. Never got to see if he was any good. He played in the champions league and from all accounts was decent. He certainly isn't useless. Would like to have seen him show his wares. On the same basis if he doesn't want to play for Fulham then so be it - no different from Ruiz really. My real concern, although it can change, is we really aren't spending any money on our weaknesses. Not suggesting we throw money away but surely If the missing piece of the jigsaw is for sale buy him even if it's a little more than we wanted to pay.

Twig

Quote from: St Eve on August 07, 2015, 02:36:11 AM
Difficult to comment on really. Never got to see if he was any good. He played in the champions league and from all accounts was decent. He certainly isn't useless. Would like to have seen him show his wares. On the same basis if he doesn't want to play for Fulham then so be it - no different from Ruiz really. My real concern, although it can change, is we really aren't spending any money on our weaknesses. Not suggesting we throw money away but surely If the missing piece of the jigsaw is for sale buy him even if it's a little more than we wanted to pay.

:plus one:

Deeping_white

If the Benfica option to buy is £6m as rumoured, then we could actually end up making money from him. Seeing as he never actually cost anything near £11m because of the add-ons to the deal, coupled with the fact that the money we've received from loaning him back to Olympiakos and Benfica which amounts to £3-4m depending on the source, then it wouldn't be bad business overall if we make a small profit (even if it was one of the worst transfers ever in terms of him playing for us).

On the plus side though, if you play Fifa you can recall him and actually use him in the championship this year so it's not all bad news :005:

Nero

I wish someone at the club had the balls to stand up and say " You don't want to play Championship Football that funny I don't want to Manage in the Championship so you and me son are getting this club back to the Premier league so get working hard and lets get there" instead "oh ok you don't want to play off you go then see you next summer for 3 weeks"

General

Ok - from my understanding this pre season (his first proper pre season with the club) was a turning point in his appreciation for the club and ours for his ability as a footballer and getting insights in to him as a player.

My reading of things is that he actually has warmed to Fulham and for me that showed in the game I saw him play in and warm up in against Crystal Palace where he was laughing and joking around with the players. He clearly also has a good rapport with Symons.

He came in though under Magath and that was shambolic and he knew it and then we got relegated and he, understandably, wants to play at the highest level possible.

If, and I mean IF we manage to get promoted again, I imagine he will very happily return and play for us and give his all.

leonffc