watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm wondering if we are doing things on the cheap -

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 06, 2015, 08:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Dembele apparently just confirmed that Fulham is not for him......will Betts be next?

WayneKerrins

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 07, 2015, 12:42:10 AM
Quote from: WayneKerrins on August 07, 2015, 12:04:06 AM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 06, 2015, 09:19:54 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on August 06, 2015, 09:06:45 PM
Add parachute payments and player sales though...

Parachute payments don't equate to anywhere near the loss of TV revenue from relegation.  We've barely made any money from player sales since Khan took over.

We are an operationally loss making business who has just had it's revenue halved if not worse.  Of course we have to make money saving cuts, otherwise we will breach the FFP regulations that we agreed to when we applied to the Football League.

So much factually and analytically wrong with God the Mech's contributions to this thread. As a simple example add up how much we got for Kasami and Deja. Last summer was circa zero net spend. This summer big surplus on dealings to date.
As MJG who has better handle on the details on this than me estimates there's around £10m of room to spend now should our voluntarily billionaire owner be so minded.
As BWandG says on Tiff Khan made statements about getting the necessary work done by the START of the season. Only a few sundry idiots will maintain our central Defence doesn't need work. Yet again Khans words aren't followed by actions.
Read the Rocks post below: he has his number.

TRANSFER RESULTS 13/14
Earnings/expenditures   Arrivals/Departures   Transfer fee
Earnings   36   £2.91m
Expenditure   37   £20.65m
Total results   £-17.75m

TRANSFER RESULTS 14/15
Earnings   47   £12.53m
Expenditure   46   £12.22m
Total results   +£308k

Yeah I forgot about Dejagah and Kasami - but in Khan's two full seasons we have made a c£17.5million loss on transfers.  This summer is a £3million or so profit so far - and that's without the expected outlay on Dunk or another central defender that will likely turn that into a loss and any other player that comes in between now and the end of the window - and we have few assets left that we could make money from.
Khan spent money, very badly, but he spent it when we were in the prem. He hasn't since we were relegated. Cumulatively over 3 windows including the current open one we are in surplus.
MJG has credibly estimated Khan could fund 10m or more of spend.
In May Khan said major work was needed on the squad to be ready for "the start of the season" (not the start of September):
Previously he had said its not always about balancing the books and he would do what it takes to get us back to the Prem.

I know plenty want to believe in Khan. To me he has pedalled b.llshit since we were relegated and any belief in him isn't based on firm foundations.

Andy S

I believe in Khan as much as I'd believe in any other business man. There has to come a time when he says no more! I don't believe that is yet as it is important that he is seen to be running a tight ship. I'm not sure he needs to speculate to accumulate as premiership potential is seen in a far better way than relegation fodder. Even promoted sees a fair return on an investment. Mr Khan cannot continually pour good money after bad

Twig

Quote from: WayneKerrins on August 08, 2015, 09:26:05 AM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 07, 2015, 12:42:10 AM
Quote from: WayneKerrins on August 07, 2015, 12:04:06 AM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 06, 2015, 09:19:54 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on August 06, 2015, 09:06:45 PM
Add parachute payments and player sales though...

Parachute payments don't equate to anywhere near the loss of TV revenue from relegation.  We've barely made any money from player sales since Khan took over.

We are an operationally loss making business who has just had it's revenue halved if not worse.  Of course we have to make money saving cuts, otherwise we will breach the FFP regulations that we agreed to when we applied to the Football League.

So much factually and analytically wrong with God the Mech's contributions to this thread. As a simple example add up how much we got for Kasami and Deja. Last summer was circa zero net spend. This summer big surplus on dealings to date.
As MJG who has better handle on the details on this than me estimates there's around £10m of room to spend now should our voluntarily billionaire owner be so minded.
As BWandG says on Tiff Khan made statements about getting the necessary work done by the START of the season. Only a few sundry idiots will maintain our central Defence doesn't need work. Yet again Khans words aren't followed by actions.
Read the Rocks post below: he has his number.

TRANSFER RESULTS 13/14
Earnings   36   £2.91m
Expenditure   37   £20.65m
Total results   £-17.75m

TRANSFER RESULTS 14/15
Earnings   47   £12.53m
Expenditure   46   £12.22m
Total results   +£308k

Yeah I forgot about Dejagah and Kasami - but in Khan's two full seasons we have made a c£17.5million loss on transfers.  This summer is a £3million or so profit so far - and that's without the expected outlay on Dunk or another central defender that will likely turn that into a loss and any other player that comes in between now and the end of the window - and we have few assets left that we could make money from.
Khan spent money, very badly, but he spent it when we were in the prem. He hasn't since we were relegated. Cumulatively over 3 windows including the current open one we are in surplus.
MJG has credibly estimated Khan could fund 10m or more of spend.
In May Khan said major work was needed on the squad to be ready for "the start of the season" (not the start of September):
Previously he had said its not always about balancing the books and he would do what it takes to get us back to the Prem.

I know plenty want to believe in Khan. To me he has pedalled b.llshit since we were relegated and any belief in him isn't based on firm foundations.

Not sure about pedalling bullsh1t, at least not just yet, but I have been concerned that net investment is zero since relegation.  He has definitely not put his money where his mouth is.  I will give him another season but if Kit is still reduced to wheeling and dealing free transfers and £250k transfers whilst seeing the likes of Woodrow sold for multi millions then I will call Khan a complete fraud.

NogoodBoyo

The strategy was laid out clearly in the last two years.  Buy one or two marquee goal scorers for large wads of cash (Greek and Ross) to tide us over until the Academy stars were ready to take the world by force.  No doubt Kit sold himself as the best man to execute that vision.  The board bought it in desperate spades - but the senior management lost Mitro at the outset and lost the faith of youth in a few short weeks at the end of last season by playing a tired old side full of journeymen (except Ross) and refusing to play the young stars other than Betts.  As was mentioned by a keen poster on the youth thread recently, Kit rubbed salt in the wounds by playing the kid from Manchester instead of our home-grown talent.
The strategy lies in ruins.  It will be interesting to see how the club fares with this shattered plan in situ.   
Nogood "sardonic, isit" Boyo