watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players with Championship experience.

Started by ealex40, August 07, 2015, 04:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ealex40

How many times have we been told that the club have been signing players with Championship experience?
Are we led to believe that a top PL club , if suddenly placed in the Championship, would not be successful until they replaced their squad of top class players, with a new batch of players having 'Championship' experience?
Seems like an excuse for not spending to obtain better players, who one would think should find it easier to play against 'lesser' individuals.
Come on Fulham, splash the cash.
049:gif

Ron91

Lighthouse

I think last season we made the awful mistake of buying players who had little experience of English football. I kept being told that such and such a player had played in the Champions League. It is like telling me that a player has played in the World Cup. Some awful players have turned up for poor teams who just happen to be the best in their part of the World. Doesn't make them any good for English championship level football.

The days of splashing the cash on good Prem players and bribing them to come down and play at a lower level are gone. So it makes more sense to do what we have done. We will be better prepared for bringing in players with Championship experience. Splashing the cash, as we have seen with Marlet and The Greek is no guarantee on anything.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 07, 2015, 04:38:18 PM
I think last season we made the awful mistake of buying players who had little experience of English football. I kept being told that such and such a player had played in the Champions League. It is like telling me that a player has played in the World Cup. Some awful players have turned up for poor teams who just happen to be the best in their part of the World. Doesn't make them any good for English championship level football.

The days of splashing the cash on good Prem players and bribing them to come down and play at a lower level are gone. So it makes more sense to do what we have done. We will be better prepared for bringing in players with Championship experience. Splashing the cash, as we have seen with Marlet and The Greek is no guarantee on anything.

[/quote but on the flip side, we have already seen what happens when you fill a team full of cheapys and frees. We need a balance
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Chutney

why don't we stop bringing in players and play our academy talents so that they stop leaving?
C O Y W