more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just announced on SSN

Started by Fernhurst, August 07, 2015, 06:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2015, 06:57:00 PM
Those who were saying kit knows what this club needs, and he is the man to bring the kids through must be feeling pretty silly now. He has weakened the attack and defence, and none of the kids want to play for him.

Really? How is this Kit's fault?

He played a real roll in developing them in the first place.

He asked for, but got thrown into the very deep end after Magath's team was proven inadequate to survive the league we are in. They were going down no matter what he did. So Kit arrives with a single mandate. Survive. It wasn't a situation in which he could afford to blood youth for the sake of developing a team for the next season. It was solely survive and live to fight another day.

So what. The kids didn't get their shot when their guy got to be manager. I'm sure there was disappointment on their part. Who cares? It was a part of learning to be a professional, for everyone really.

So now we're supposedly pushing for promotion and attempting to invest in players who can achieve that. Dembele isn't going to get us there. Roberts wasn't going to get us over the line. They might have played a small role in it had they decided to stay. Same with Hyndman. That's my opinion and one that is in keeping with the club's, Rigg included apparently.

Apparently, these kids won't accept the opportunity to help build this club. They won't honor the investment the club has made in them and develop more with the club. They think they've outgrown Fulham or that some bigger club will value them more than ours will. Fair enough. It's their life. It's their career. It's their choice.

None of it demonstrates that Kit has misused, abused, forgotten, or dropped them. They've just made personal decisions.

Personally, I hope that we sell them all (all that don't want to fight for this club any longer) for as much money as possible with as large a sell-on fee as possible. Beyond the price of their leaving, they don't mean anymore to me than Joe Schmoe playing in Kazakstan.....save for Hyndman (he's a Yank).

You're pissed at Kit. Fair enough. Your opinions have as much value as anyone's.

I'm angry pissed that players don't care enough to stick it out. I feel they should leave as quickly as possible and mind that the door doesn't hit them in backside on their way out.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Fulham76

Quote from: epsomraver on August 07, 2015, 07:15:30 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 07, 2015, 07:14:29 PM
Those who were saying kit knows what this club needs, and he is the man to bring the kids through must be feeling pretty silly now. He has weakened the attack and defence, and none of the kids want to play for him.

Who says the kids don't want to play for him?

Of course they do, it's down to Kit to be brave enoughand play them

Stop talking sense, this is FoF you are on! :005:

fp.gif

Fernhurst

Very eloquent Toddles..... Agree with every word
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ffc73

if I were a FFC youngster I would have been mightly hacked off last year when the Citeh boy can in and played more games. Yes different position but youth would think "if he's playing why not me?"

I think that it was a factor but the biggest one is probably money. Again the Citeh boy probably made our 3 aware of what Citeh are paying him which is probably more than we can pay

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 07, 2015, 07:25:09 PM

He asked for, but got thrown into the very deep end after Magath's team was proven inadequate to survive the league we are in. They were going down no matter what he did. So Kit arrives with a single mandate. Survive. It wasn't a situation in which he could afford to blood youth for the sake of developing a team for the next season. It was solely survive and live to fight another day.

So what. The kids didn't get their shot when their guy got to be manager. I'm sure there was disappointment on their part. Who cares? It was a part of learning to be a professional, for everyone really.

So now we're supposedly pushing for promotion and attempting to invest in players who can achieve that. Dembele isn't going to get us there. Roberts wasn't going to get us over the line. They might have played a small role in it had they decided to stay. Same with Hyndman. That's my opinion and one that is in keeping with the club's, Rigg included apparently.

Apparently, these kids won't accept the opportunity to help build this club. They won't honor the investment the club has made in them and develop more with the club. They think they've outgrown Fulham or that some bigger club will value them more than ours will. Fair enough. It's their life. It's their career. It's their choice.

None of it demonstrates that Kit has misused, abused, forgotten, or dropped them. They've just made personal decisions.

Personally, I hope that we sell them all (all that don't want to fight for this club any longer) for as much money as possible with as large a sell-on fee as possible. Beyond the price of their leaving, they don't mean anymore to me than Joe Schmoe playing in Kazakstan.....save for Hyndman (he's a Yank).

You're pissed at Kit. Fair enough. Your opinions have as much value as anyone's.

I'm angry pissed that players don't care enough to stick it out. I feel they should leave as quickly as possible and mind that the door doesn't hit them in backside on their way out.
you can't honestly believe that we are pushing for promotion, or that we are investing to achieve it. And my point was way more than just game time for the kids. At the end of the season the excuse given to keep kit on was that he knows what we need and he is the man to bring the  kids through. Well the kids are leaving in droves and all we have done is add to the midfield. So what is left
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Good  post.

Is Joe Schmoe a center back by any chance ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 07, 2015, 07:22:58 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 07, 2015, 07:13:07 PM
Quote from: maoconnor on August 07, 2015, 06:54:20 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on August 07, 2015, 06:51:13 PM
Personally, I haven't been that impressed with him in the games I've seen him play. He's barely broke in to the 1st team, so if he thinks he's too good for us now he's played a few internationals he can move along. Just hope we get a decent fee for him.

Agreed. If he thinks he is better than the Championship without ever proving otherwise, I'll take 6-8 million and happily say see you later.

Where is it stated that he thinks he's better than the Championship?

He just wants to play football and dream on if you think we will get anywhere near 6 mil, with his contract running down we won't even get a million.

Will be a massive waste of talent if he leaves

fp.gif

Jesus, read between the lines will you. Why does every bloody comment need to be explained?

I haven't heard him come out & say he's too good for the championship, (which he wouldn't), but he's refused a contract to play for a team in the championship!!! A player that hasn't managed to break in to a championship side!!

Calm down dear, if you had bothered to " read between the lines" you'd of noticed my replied wasn't aimed at your comment, if was reply to maoconnor.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2015, 07:42:54 PM

you can't honestly believe that we are pushing for promotion, or that we are investing to achieve it. And my point was way more than just game time for the kids. At the end of the season the excuse given to keep kit on was that he knows what we need and he is the man to bring the  kids through. Well the kids are leaving in droves and all we have done is add to the midfield. So what is left

Notice that I said "supposedly". This is what we have been told. It's all any of us have to go on until our transfer business is completed.

Well, the kids are leaving for what? In all likelihood, it's more money. Kit has absolutely nothing to do with what how the club values these kids. He has to deal with the outcomes but, he's not the man cutting the checks or negotiating the contracts. If at the end of the day, we are offering these kids limited playing time and, say, $10K per week and they are getting offers of little playing time and $40K, then there is nothing Kit can do about that. And, it doesn't mean that they are leaving because of him.

It's three of our most coveted players who have left or plan on leaving. I'm not so sure that qualifies as 'droves' but, I understand. I don't want them leaving either but, they are taking charge of their own careers and have made Fulham a stepping stone.

I just don't understand aiming one's anger at Kit when all he's really able to do is tell Rigg and the young player the he sees a future for them playing in his team. That's gotta be about the limit of his influence on the decision.

I think it has been obvious that Kit wants to add quality players to all areas of our team. It seems fairly obvious that he has supplied targets for Rigg and MacIntosh. Beyond that what influence on these matters does he have. If you think that they won't sign because of who Kit is, well Kit can't really help that either. The club offered him a job and an extension. He can't be blamed for accepting.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 07, 2015, 07:14:29 PM

Who says the kids don't want to play for him?

Of course they do, it's down to Kit to be brave enoughand play them
and there is the rub, from all Kits comments from end of season through pre season 'experience' appears to be the stock phrase

the key word

The Old Count

Once again the club have demonstrated an inability to motivate players to stay.
This, along with the club's inability to attract players who will get us promoted is a concern.
We managed it under MAF in his early years but can't manage it now.
Btw.  Motivation = Getting someone to want to do what you want them to do.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: The Old Count on August 07, 2015, 08:28:44 PM
This, along with the club's inability to attract players who will get us promoted is a concern.

In MAFs early years he had Keegan and Tigana - who had charisma and charm matched with ability.  Khan has had Jol, Rene, Magath and Kit - who have either proven to be incompetent, dull or both.  The manager has to be the one to provide the motivation, and Kit just doesn't come across as someone who could motivate himself, let alone others, out of a wet paper bag.

epsomraver

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 07, 2015, 08:34:20 PM

In MAFs early years he had Keegan and Tigana - who had charisma and charm matched with ability.  Khan has had Jol, Rene, Magath and Kit - who have either proven to be incompetent, dull or both.  The manager has to be the one to provide the motivation, and Kit just doesn't come across as someone who could motivate himself, let alone others, out of a wet paper bag.

And you base this opinion on what? personal knowledge , players comments? staff members comments ? or just what you think?

win-dup

thought he was totally useless on the few occasions he made an appearance. Strikes me he is like Collins John who thought he was God's gift to football but was useless too. Good riddance.

grandad

If the Fulham coaches thought the kids were good enough for regular 1st team games they would be starting tomorrow. They are not good enough yet with much to learn.
Can´t their agents see that they would be better off in the long run to take the 5k a week,yes 5k, and finish the pathway that the club have spent time & money in producing.
When they are thought by the club to be ready for 1st team football they would be selected.
If they want to move solely for more money let them go. They will soon be forgotten.
Where there's a will there's a wife

God The Mechanic

Quote from: epsomraver on August 07, 2015, 08:36:41 PM

And you base this opinion on what? personal knowledge , players comments? staff members comments ? or just what you think?

Well, I said he doesn't come across as someone who can motivate so I'm basing it on MY opinion based on what he's said and done in public.  He could be drastically different behind closed doors, but his public face is not one that convinces me of anything other than the fact that he's currently out of his league.

Do you think he is motivational?

ToodlesMcToot

Well, the club get bashed as cheap left, right, and center. So, coming to this club can't be about money. If Kit can't motivate his way out of a paper bag, then why do players come to our club? Is it the naps they're able to take during Kit's pre-game and half time talks?

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on August 07, 2015, 08:39:22 PM
If the Fulham coaches thought the kids were good enough for regular 1st team games they would be starting tomorrow. They are not good enough yet with much to learn.
Can´t their agents see that they would be better off in the long run to take the 5k a week,yes 5k, and finish the pathway that the club have spent time & money in producing.
When they are thought by the club to be ready for 1st team football they would be selected.
If they want to move solely for more money let them go. They will soon be forgotten.
If we supposedly only offered pat 5k then why would we offer that to lesser rated players. Doesn't sound like something we would do
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 07, 2015, 08:41:22 PM
Btw.  Motivation = Getting someone to want to do what you want them to do.

In MAFs early years he had Keegan and Tigana - who had charisma and charm matched with ability.  Khan has had Jol, Rene, Magath and Kit - who have either proven to be incompetent, dull or both.  The manager has to be the one to provide the motivation, and Kit just doesn't come across as someone who could motivate himself, let alone others, out of a wet paper bag.

Well, the club get bashed as cheap left, right, and center. So, coming to this club can't be about money. If Kit can't motivate his way out of a paper bag, then why do players come to our club? Is it the naps they're able to take during Kit's pre-game and half time talks?

All of the players signed permanently under Kit have signed from teams that I think would pay a fair bit less than what we could offer - with Jazz being the exception.

Am I not allowed to have the opinion that Kit isn't charismatic or motivational?  His post game comments and his videos from the club have hardly shown anything else.  Again, he coudl be vastly different behind closed doors, but from what I see he doesn't inspire me.

hovewhite

nothing anyone can do if he leaves let him go pointless keeping someone that doesn't want to be here.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: FFC73 on August 07, 2015, 07:38:38 PM
if I were a FFC youngster I would have been mightly hacked off last year when the Citeh boy can in and played more games. Yes different position but youth would think "if he's playing why not me?"

I think that it was a factor but the biggest one is probably money. Again the Citeh boy probably made our 3 aware of what Citeh are paying him which is probably more than we can pay

I don't know whats going on in their mind anymore than you do but the main reason the "city boy" played was he is a "big tough boy" and not a  "weedy boy" which we needed at the time.

That may not fit in with peoples idea of "developing the youth" but its cold hard fact.