Just announced on SSN

Started by Fernhurst, August 07, 2015, 06:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 07, 2015, 08:40:54 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 07, 2015, 08:36:41 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 07, 2015, 08:34:20 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on August 07, 2015, 08:28:44 PM
Once again the club have demonstrated an inability to motivate players to stay.
This, along with the club's inability to attract players who will get us promoted is a concern.
We managed it under MAF in his early years but can't manage it now.
Btw.  Motivation = Getting someone to want to do what you want them to do.

In MAFs early years he had Keegan and Tigana - who had charisma and charm matched with ability.  Khan has had Jol, Rene, Magath and Kit - who have either proven to be incompetent, dull or both.  The manager has to be the one to provide the motivation, and Kit just doesn't come across as someone who could motivate himself, let alone others, out of a wet paper bag.

And you base this opinion on what? personal knowledge , players comments? staff members comments ? or just what you think?

Well, I said he doesn't come across as someone who can motivate so I'm basing it on MY opinion based on what he's said and done in public.  He could be drastically different behind closed doors, but his public face is not one that convinces me of anything other than the fact that he's currently out of his league.

Do you think he is motivational?

Yes because I know him a darn sight better than you do and have seen him as U21 manager so many times to know what you are saying is total nonsense, you don't have rant and shout and jump around like a clown to motivate

epsomraver

Quote from: win-dup on August 07, 2015, 08:38:35 PM
thought he was totally useless on the few occasions he made an appearance. Strikes me he is like Collins John who thought he was God's gift to football but was useless too. Good riddance.

Another one talking out his back side, how many times have you actually seen Moussa play?

God The Mechanic

Quote from: epsomraver on August 07, 2015, 08:53:48 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 07, 2015, 08:40:54 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 07, 2015, 08:36:41 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 07, 2015, 08:34:20 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on August 07, 2015, 08:28:44 PM
Once again the club have demonstrated an inability to motivate players to stay.
This, along with the club's inability to attract players who will get us promoted is a concern.
We managed it under MAF in his early years but can't manage it now.
Btw.  Motivation = Getting someone to want to do what you want them to do.

In MAFs early years he had Keegan and Tigana - who had charisma and charm matched with ability.  Khan has had Jol, Rene, Magath and Kit - who have either proven to be incompetent, dull or both.  The manager has to be the one to provide the motivation, and Kit just doesn't come across as someone who could motivate himself, let alone others, out of a wet paper bag.

And you base this opinion on what? personal knowledge , players comments? staff members comments ? or just what you think?

Well, I said he doesn't come across as someone who can motivate so I'm basing it on MY opinion based on what he's said and done in public.  He could be drastically different behind closed doors, but his public face is not one that convinces me of anything other than the fact that he's currently out of his league.

Do you think he is motivational?

Yes because I know him a darn sight better than you do and have seen him as U21 manager so many times to know what you are saying is total nonsense, you don't have rant and shout and jump around like a clown to motivate

I never said you do have to shout and yell - but how he does present himself publicly isn't one that inspires or convinces ME that he has the ability or knowhow to get us promoted.  Again, behind closed doors he could be different but what he shows on the sidelines and in interviews doesn't fill me with confidence, and the players looked absolutely devoid of confidence and motivation for large swathes of last season.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong this season - and if Kit gets us promoted (playing good and entertaining football ideally) I'll gladly admit to being wrong.

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on August 07, 2015, 08:56:14 PM
Quote from: win-dup on August 07, 2015, 08:38:35 PM
thought he was totally useless on the few occasions he made an appearance. Strikes me he is like Collins John who thought he was God's gift to football but was useless too. Good riddance.

Another one talking out his back side, how many times have you actually seen Moussa play?
yes, in the two games alone against derby he looked pretty tasty
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Max Headroom

The bottom line is top players migrate to top clubs. If we were in the premier league they would stay for longer. There is no blame to attach. It's a fact of life. We need to get over it.

Buffalo76

Quote from: hovewhite on August 07, 2015, 08:50:42 PM
nothing anyone can do if he leaves let him go pointless keeping someone that doesn't want to be here.

Its as simple as that. No point losing any sleep over it. Its all £££££££££££££££ nowadays.

Nero

they are probably leaving after the team v norwich last season. an ideal chance and we play everyone that was leaving

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Max Headroom on August 07, 2015, 08:59:41 PM
The bottom line is top players migrate to top clubs. If we were in the premier league they would stay for longer. There is no blame to attach. It's a fact of life. We need to get over it.

exactly.  nothing more than natural selection I'm afraid.