watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

On the face of it...

Started by Northern Cottager, August 07, 2015, 08:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

This looks like another car crash season waiting to happen.

Since we lost the backing of Mo and began our decline from what was the pinnacle of our recent football history e erything seems to be going backwards one step at a time.

Player recruitment seems to have absolutely no strategy or thought in whole. What started as a pretty promising window, not full of glittering stars but experienced at least, has ended with us light in departments all over the pitch.

The signings of Pringle, Cairney, Lonergan are vast improvements. It seems though that  Cairney has left a club for the way he was deployed on the right...and hes ended up the same here?

It looks were going to 442 without the correct personnel, again . Last year we played an odd formation and again had players in the wrong positions.

Defensively were woeful. Not even a bit poor, we have one of the nerviest, disorganised and Sunday league looking defendes the Championship has seen for a long time.

This is the most concerning of everything going forward. How did we not address or have a plan B,C or even D to ensure at minimum we had a new cb in in time for the game tomorrow? The window may be open for another 3 weeks but organisation suggests a defender bedding in and getting organised with his team mates is vital.

Kosta has gone, Smith isn't preferred by Kit, Woodrow is unproven and Taggart has been injured since he out pen to paper. Hardly a strike force to match the drummed up PR from the club about a promotion push, is it? So on top of 2 Cbs we need a new striker.

The youth has completely lost faith. They all want out and no one will sign new contracts. Anyone any ideas why? Is it Kit? Is it because we're not in the Prem? Do they think they're too big? Either way, it's frightening to think the majority of graduates from under 21's are now on the way out and even refusing contracts to force their way out. Moussa the latest to refuse new terms alongside Hyndman. We're going to be left with Kavanagh and Grimmer come the end of this season when LVC goes and Woodrow may take a drop in leagues.

Despite a shambolic showing on the pitch last season and what looks like a case of trying to make do with what we have, which is a mix of players who in their rift positions don't rally form a formation, we can't even get the off pitch situation sorted. A lot launch is organised, ballsed up and then instead of an update the whole thing dissapears until channel 5 drop the new kit and sponsor. The club don't respond to this and then 24 hours, if that, before the season starts a new kit is launched.

All over the pitch we look light and off the pitch we don't see to have much else going for us. Apart from planning permission for a stand we don't need. the whole club seems down on its knees with no upward planning. They can spin all the 'we aim to go up' rubbish they like , as clueless as they all appear surely none of them genuinely believe we're well equipped enough to get above 12th?

JDH101

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Sad to say that is how it looks today & tonight before we kick off another season
Unless something dramatic happens before the end of the August window (& I do not mean by that we lose Ross as per the D & D shambles) then it is very difficult to see how "words" by Kit et al match ambition & reality
Does Rigg actually have handle on all of this or indeed any influence?
Kit is a lovely guy but is he a manager capable of inspiring players, gaining their commitment. persuading youngsters to stay, persuading quality new signings to join, capable of managing upwards as well as to the team. staff. support networks etc
Knowing exactly what is required both tactically & as far as team re building with the backing financially to enable him
Or is he merely the fall guy, the stop gap for another scenario?
It looks dreadful but what other option do we have?
None really if we support out team
Through thick & thin
FFC fans have been there & done that for many, many years
Well before my time which started in the 50's
So COYW give us the surprise of our lives tomorrow & bag 3 points off Cardiff
Then let Kit, Rigg et al make their moves & sign up who & what we need!
IN August!

malcbridger

MasterHaynes

Well we won't have a better chance to pinch point(s) from Cardiff, they have no fit central defenders,even Kit must see we have to play Matt Smith. Not only to take advantage of the weaker central defenders and that he is our only option of a target man but to counteract Kenwyn Jones who bullied our defenders at set pieces last year.

bill taylors apprentice

Wearethewhites

I'm just counting down the hours before we put in another shambolic defensive display, that will allow someone like Sammy Ameobi to score a brace, with Kit mumbling something like "Well, we can certainly take positives from" blah, blah, blah in his after match report.

I'm pretty certain that this, just like last season is going to start and finish badly due to another summer of bad preparation.

I'm getting the hump writing this.

Max Headroom

The lack of new central defenders is shameful. The midfield infinitely better.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Max Headroom on August 07, 2015, 09:30:29 PM

Agree with both. Midfield is better, not sure they all fit though.

Sgt Fulham

We're a (half decent) striker and 2 CBs away from being a decent tean...thats why its so frustrating. So close, yet so far!

Fernhurst

Quote from: Max Headroom on Today at 09:30:29 PM

Agree with both. Midfield is better,

And we have bid for both Dunk and Mills who both played and were impressive this evening.

3 weeks left until deadline, reinforcements will arrive but not in time for tomorrow, patience will need to be shown.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 07, 2015, 10:00:16 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on Today at 09:30:29 PM

Agree with both. Midfield is better,

And we have bid for both Dunk and Mills who both played and were impressive this evening.

3 weeks left until deadline, reinforcements will arrive but not in time for tomorrow, patience will need to be shown.

I hope you're right or were in for a tough and long season!!

TrexFFC

Yeah it's kind of sad when it actually starts to become a chore to watch your favorite team. Agree with everything said. 

HatterDon

Well, call me naive, but citing abject failure and a lost season before a real match has been played seems just a tad over the top.

Here's a prediction: We'll have considerably more points after 8 matches this season that we did after 8 last season. I know, I know, I have no idea what I'm talking about.  :Get Coat gif:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Well I've just gone on line and bought myself the Johnny Haynes retro shirt, plus last season's home shirt as it was a only  tenner, and I don't like the this years blue florida thingy. Even if we are appalling again this season I'll be used to it after the last two and I'll at least look the bis.
Going to wear my black away shirt tomorrow and may treat myself to a Pretty Green shirt I have my eye on in Cardiff. All in all I expect I'll enjoy the day whatever we are like.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Well I can't see on here the nice piece from the Mail on line about Jamie O Hara doing everything he could do sign for us and now wanting to stay for good.

All I can see is the same old dull, moan, repetitive rubbish. As someone who was proud to be the negative one who actually told the truth. Can I just say that we have the strongest squad we have had for some time and we have actually still time to improve it further.

So is doesn't matter how many posts and threads there are about the same thing. How poor Fulham are, how poor the defence is, how poor the kit, how poor The Kit is and how poor the owner is. The fact is this is the first season since Hughes left that we are reversing the downward trend.

I know there are those who kept on telling me how negative I was. But I was proved right. Now I can't understand why the rest of you can't see that we are at last reversing the trend of the the downward spiral. Still a long way to go. But for goodness sake. Moaning was so yesterday. Time to look at the positives. There are plenty of them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hopper

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 07, 2015, 08:15:16 PM

e erything seems to be going backwards one step at a time.

The signings of Pringle, Cairney, Lonergan are vast improvements.

gotta laugh

Denver Fulham

You may not agree with some of the moves (or non-moves), but we definitely have stopped the rot.

Now it's up to Kit to show he deserves the job and the club to continue to fill the remaining holes on what was a burnt-out carcass of a roster.