watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Very interesting theory on delay of sponsorship from tfi

Started by mike_corkcity12, August 07, 2015, 08:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_corkcity12

"Pretty sure I read somewhere that Visit Florida is a not-for-profit organisation.

Would it have the money, or inclination to sponsor a UK professional football club?

There were also rumours that the kit launch was delayed because the granting of regulatory approval by the football authorities was not completely straightforward.

My hypothesis is this: To get round FPP rules, has Shahid Khan "donated" a hefty chunk of money to Visit Florida and then a large proportion of this has been used to sponsor FFC?

A sort of "Man City-type" type of sponsorship deal? I'm sure clubs employ lawyers to find these types of loopholes..."

ToodlesMcToot

Anything is possible, I guess.

As far as Visit Florida not having money to spend, I'm sure that it has plenty of money. All Chambers of Commerce within the state will have had some of their businesses donating funds toward this marketing effort. Major corporations like Disney and MGM will have provided money. The sporting franchises in the state's major cities may have as well.

I would imagine this non-profit to be very well funded. Whether that translates into some wonder number for the club is another story.

It's only a one year deal which suggests that something about the deal could be forced. It also could be that Fulham aim to be promoted and would rather wait and negotiate long-term deals from that more advantageous position.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

We won't even be close to the tipping point of the FFP this season, let alone the extra 13 mil khan could put in. So no I doubt that khan gave a company money to give us straight back whilst at the same time depriving us a source of income through not getting a proper sponsor. I'd believe that we were targeting top 6 before this
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cookieg

And if he did put money in a not for profit organisation so what?? Maybe it is a way of reducing tax in the U.S. by making a donation to a charity.

Nero

Madness why wouldn't he just get his own company flex n gate to sponsor the shirts if that was the case

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: cookieg on August 07, 2015, 09:22:10 PM
And if he did put money in a not for profit organisation so what?? Maybe it is a way of reducing tax in the U.S. by making a donation to a charity.

I'm sure a US person can explain this more but a not-for-profit operation is not a charity.
Much like the London Tourist Board effectively in that Chambers and Corporations pay in chunks towards the marketing of the State (and that would be a lot of dosh when you consider Orlando, Miami, Carnival Cruises etc etc.)
Something like the Save the Children Fund whose Directions of Fund-raising (or what ever he's called) could be on $250,000, because of his donating connections.
That's the same as a not-for-profit here, wage bills, marketing, advertising, printing etc could be 'the sky's the limit' as long as the organization doesn't make a profit.
Visit Florida is a huge organization with, I should imagine one of the biggest tourist budgets in the World.
This isn't a 'chicken feed' sponsor.

Perhaps one of my American members can elaborate.

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

cookieg

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 07, 2015, 09:53:26 PM
Quote from: cookieg on August 07, 2015, 09:22:10 PM

I'm sure a US person can explain this more but a not-for-profit operation is not a charity.
Much like the London Tourist Board effectively in that Chambers and Corporations pay in chunks towards the marketing of the State (and that would be a lot of dosh when you consider Orlando, Miami, Carnival Cruises etc etc.)
Something like the Save the Children Fund whose Directions of Fund-raising (or what ever he's called) could be on $250,000, because of his donating connections.
That's the same as a not-for-profit here, wage bills, marketing, advertising, printing etc could be 'the sky's the limit' as long as the organization doesn't make a profit.
Visit Florida is a huge organization with, I should imagine one of the biggest tourist budgets in the World.
This isn't a 'chicken feed' sponsor.

Perhaps one of my American members can elaborate.

My use of the word charity is incorrect but the point being that if SK wanted to put money into a not for profit organisation who then go on to sponsor us what is the  big deal? If it is a way round FFP then good. Not suggesting yourself Roger but why do people look for some conspiracy theory / ulterior motive with anything that happens with our club?