https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

do you recognise anyone here?...

Started by WhiteJC, August 08, 2015, 11:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

americanmike

A certain fat cat thinks he knows the answer but didn't want to spoil it for other posters so have DMd JC

Andy S

Travers Barney

Vince O Flaherety at the front top mate back in the day...looks like Nick Golightly there too...saw him at Leatherhead a couple of summers back....John Crane.....Mary obviously....quite a few others too by face....

coyw
We are the whites

Travers Barney

We are the whites

mrmicawbers

What about the year. I'm guessing early 70's

Travers Barney

Late 70's Micawbers...recall playing Sunday football against the wine bar from Putney in the early eighties...lively encounter...we nicked one of the Micawbers players after....a lad called Alan Irons...apologies if insignificant to this thread...coyw
We are the whites

BedsFFC

As one of Mary's "boys" this picture is really special.

I joined about 78. This pic seems to be a bit older.

Does anyone know Mary's history etc. I'd really like to pass on some thanks.

I know my cousin (FFC player) went to her funeral but I really don't know her story.

Travers Barney

We are the whites

mrmicawbers

Played for the wine bar in a few friendlies against the Scots lads who drank in Flanagans know Known as the Railway. Certainly lively encounters Mr T.

Sir Alec of good Stock

I reckon November 1980 as we only played Barnsley once in the 1970s and that was in 1970 and that photo is definitely not from then.

I mostly travelled on the TBT, but occasionally on Mary's coach and remember most of the faces but not the names!

I can add to the list Howard (with beard partly hidden in the centre), Mike Broad (brown coat on the left) and Captain Beaky (on the bottom right).

Fantastic memorable away trips in the 60s, 70s, 80s and until the mid to late 90s and then it all became too serious with the PL and that's when I called it a day and haven't been back since.

Riversider

Looks like "Statto" (Angus Loughron) from The a Baddiel and Skinner show, stood under the scarf with the glasses on.

epsomraver

far  left Chalkie, AKA Terry Chalk, Sue Mitchell yellow hat, Heather, Dawn Mitchell, John, Mary, Pop Mitchell Furry hood . Is that big Gary with the scarf at the back? taken by Jim Mitchell