watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We role on

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, August 08, 2015, 02:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

Good first point of the season in a tricky away tie, I'm sure Cardiff will be around the top half this season so not a bad result to kick off. We now must dust ourselves down and look at what we could of done better, possibly closing down Noone before he shot a bit quicker or even how we can test the keeper more as we had plenty of chances today but only one on target and one of the post. We move onto Tuesday looking to advance in the League Cup against Wycombe which we must (don't weaken the team too much Kit) and take a winning mentality into Brighton next weekend back at the Cottage where I am sure we can get 3 points. COYW

BedsFFC

If Kit Symons wrote a post on here. That would be it.

Not a bad thing. Just saying.

(And I resisted the urge to pick you up on your subject, as that would just be being an ass)

snarks

Pringles slip was crucial to their goal, but then their keeper dropped the cross for smith, defence needs some improvement though

BedsFFC

Quote from: snarks on August 08, 2015, 02:39:24 PM
Pringles slip was crucial to their goal, but then their keeper dropped the cross for smith, defence needs some improvement though
were you at game?

snarks

Fulham76

snarks

Hard to say thought about 1000 ish maybe a few more

God The Mechanic

Quote from: snarks on August 08, 2015, 03:11:54 PM
Hard to say thought about 1000 ish maybe a few more

Just under according to Cardiff's Twitter.

snarks

Poor crowd really for the first game of the season, under 16000, the ground looked quite empty with no atmosphere

MJG

Quote from: snarks on August 08, 2015, 06:19:48 PM
Poor crowd really for the first game of the season, under 16000, the ground looked quite empty with no atmosphere
Real problems down there with the owner.
£160m in debt looking to sell had enough. Sacked the game announcer yesterday after he had done it for donkeys years,  ST sales well down. And no one likes the manager.

And some think we have issues.

leonffc

Quote from: snarks on August 08, 2015, 06:19:48 PM

And they mocked our ticket sales on Twitter lololol

Blanco

It is the holidays. Most grounds I've noticed haven't been full.

Riversider

Don't wish to take anything away from Fulham, but it must be pointed out that Cardiff were missing their first choice keeper, both centre halves and Kenwyne Jones, so as happy as I am with a point surely it was the perfect opportunity for all three.

Wearethewhites

Should have taken all 3.

Fernhurst

That's alright Riversider, I'm sure you haven't?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

FPT

Quote from: Riversider on August 08, 2015, 08:19:39 PM
Don't wish to take anything away from Fulham, but it must be pointed out that Cardiff were missing their first choice keeper, both centre halves and Kenwyne Jones, so as happy as I am with a point surely it was the perfect opportunity for all three.

Just the one of their first choice centre backs (Bruno Manga), Sean Morrison is very much one of their starting pair (a £9m pair just to pop that in). You could say we're missing our starting left back, our number one and Scott Parker.

JoelH5

We can't forget we had ONE shot on target. I know we had a few good chances but one shot on target isn't good enough.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

snarks

But that's where the stats don't reflect the game, and are widely misleading. Even if you look at it very simply, Pringles miss hit cross was on target and going in, the keeper fumbled it and smith scored with a header. That's 2 on target right there. Blocked shots don't count and there were a few of those today too, and let's face it Ross' miss was horrendous for a player of his calibre.

White Flea

Shame we couldn't hang on but would have been happyish with a draw before the game. Crowd numbers down due to the rugby I suspect. How did our back four look today? Sounded OK but JJs commentary and being there in the flesh is a different story. Listener from Aus. Loving the extras with the commentary this year gotta say.

snarks

Riversider, we can all do the who we are missing card, fulham can claim to be missing the first choice LB and centre mid and captain. You can only play what is in front of you' and fulham did that quite well