more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can we all just take a deep breath….

Started by love4ffc, August 08, 2015, 11:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

And relax?!?! 

I know we have had several tough years in a row now.  For a lot of us we now have more grey hairs because of it. 

I have only been on this board for a little over a year.  Seems longer for some reason but I checked my stats to confirm it.  Before I joined I read this board for a number of years along with other FFC boards including the official one.  God knows that was an awful board full of a bunch of as@h%&#'s. 

Before I joined this board I enjoyed reading the light hearted banter that would go back and forth between members.  Sometimes it would get a little heated but nothing that I can recall was over the top.  That seems to have changed lately.  A few on here seem quick now a days to slash and burn at the drop of a hat.  Seems if someone post something that is not kosher with someone else's view then that person goes for the throat now a days.  I know there a few Muppets on here that love to try and rile everyone up, and we all know who they are, but of late there seem to be some on here that like to take it to the extreme. 

We all need to remember not everyone on here is a football expert.  Yes there may seem to be some dumb comments or views posted (myself included) but that is no reason for anyone to come back with a venomous response.  To me it's the same as a child asking a teacher a question and the teacher coming back and saying "REALLY?  YOUR NOT SERIOUSLY ASKING THAT QUESTION ARE YOU?  DO YOU REALIZE JUST HOW DUMB YOU SOUND RIGHT NOW". 

Admin and the MODS do a fantastic job of keeping this board civil. I would like it to remain that way.  So the next time someone post something that is just outrageous, over the top, stupid as can be.....can we just take a deep breath...relax and remember just one thing.....

It takes all kinds to make the world go round and we all want what's best for FULHAM.

Sincerely, but apparently a seriously loony bin, Fulham FC till the day I die,

Fan
:048:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Lighthouse

As a football expert and fan of the original Muppets. I have the vinyl albums still. I find this whole post a needless personal attack.

Fact is - while Fulham have fallen, FOF have increased their membership. This means a wider age group and a wider need to say the same thing over and over again in numerous posts. While attacking other posters who hold a different opinion. We still have the spelling and punctuation Nazi's who giggle up their sleeve and think themselves so clever. We also have the posters who post constantly telling us we shouldn't moan as the club knows best.

Well fings aint wat they used to be and I have looked at clouds from both sides now. Frankly people are people and will always react with instant opinion. Fulham isn't what it was and nor is nostalgia. FOF is what it is. Sometimes good, sometimes bad and full of it most of the time. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

love4ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 09, 2015, 12:39:13 AM
As a football expert and fan of the original Muppets. I have the vinyl albums still. I find this whole post a needless personal attack.

Fact is - while Fulham have fallen, FOF have increased their membership. This means a wider age group and a wider need to say the same thing over and over again in numerous posts. While attacking other posters who hold a different opinion. We still have the spelling and punctuation Nazi's who giggle up their sleeve and think themselves so clever. We also have the posters who post constantly telling us we shouldn't moan as the club knows best.

Well fings aint wat they used to be and I have looked at clouds from both sides now. Frankly people are people and will always react with instant opinion. Fulham isn't what it was and nor is nostalgia. FOF is what it is. Sometimes good, sometimes bad and full of it most of the time. 

Well said sir.  One of the things I love about FOF is the varying opinions.  It's what makes this board great.  I do however have a problem, and wish it would just calm down about, with the over the top responses that seem to get a little too personal.   

love4ffc

As always Woolly your comments make me both laugh and stop to ponder deep deep thoughts.... :023:

Martinsback

This board rarely gets hotter than Summer in Darlington, and if it does you get stomped on so I don't recognise your post as a valid.

westcliff white

Martin talk about a train strike and this board gets as hot as a summer in the midlands LOL
Every day is a Fulham day

Blanco

People aren't given a chance to go overboard. Which, in a way, is a good thing I suppose.

Martinsback

Quote from: westcliff white on August 09, 2015, 10:11:25 PM
Martin talk about a train strike and this board gets as hot as a summer in the midlands LOL

That will warm up your pint of mild no end...

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 09, 2015, 01:14:33 AM
Someone once said to me " Lions do not lose sleep over the opinions of sheep", then someone else said " I hate Russian Dolls, they are so full of themselves ". A third person told me that " even a stopped clock is right twice a day", and a fourth person wrote " not all Donkey Jackets have Donkeys in them", Sepp Blatter once said, " if there was a tax on stupidity, he would be a poor man".
He also said " I have a good mind to join a club, and beat myself over the head with it".
[/quot

Wow, five really thought provoking thoughts in one post, great stuff.
I would have been more economical and used them one at a time in an attempt to get the post of the month award for the next five months.