watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelscum after Betts....

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, August 10, 2015, 06:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

That's from a couple of weeks ago and Kit said last week no actual bid  had been made.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bassey the warrior

Roberty

I am struggling to understand why he is described as a STAR

He was the best of the bunch last season and at the most he is a prospect and many of those came to nothing
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Craven Mad

With Betts' contract running down I'd be half tempted to take the £2.5m [tagging on a sell-on clause] and try to get Chalobah on loan in return. Marcus was sometimes shaky last year (even though he was my joint player of the season with Ross) and Lonergan looked decent this weekend. I reckon Betts is down the pecking order, so unlikely to want to sign a new deal here to play second-fiddle to a keeper with a few years left to play...

I've said how much I love Betts in other threads, but we may as well get something for him now rather than have him as backup for a year then go for nothing...

LVG says Lindegaard is available free, so he could come in as our new competitor with Andy.

Lindegaard & Chalobah would do more for our squad right now than Betts alone, and a £2.5m transfer fee would go a long way to covering the costs of those two...

Just to make it clear, if Marcus is willing to sign a new [and resonable] deal, the I take back everything and want him to stay forever. I just worry his head might have been turned by the money...

hovewhite

if Marcus is refusing to sign an improved deal sell him.dont want PLAYERS AT OUR CLUB WHO WANT AWAY.

St Eve

Quote from: hovewhite on August 10, 2015, 07:26:12 PM
if Marcus is refusing to sign an improved deal sell him.dont want PLAYERS AT OUR CLUB WHO WANT AWAY.
agree with the logic, but that means Hyndman and Dembele go as well

Roberty

Quote from: St Eve on August 10, 2015, 11:37:05 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on August 10, 2015, 07:26:12 PM
agree with the logic, but that means Hyndman and Dembele go as well

They are employees not slaves so they can work for who they please and we have to accept that.

In this business we get a fee if they move on in most others they would just need to give notice
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy