watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Driving to the game this Saturday

Started by Kent_Fulham, August 10, 2015, 08:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent_Fulham

I normally get the train to games, but I am considering driving due to engineering works on my train line. I know that there are parking restrictions around the ground during matches, but does anyone have any suggestions on where is good to park either walking distance to the ground or a tube station on the district line with parking close by?

Thanks for any help.

epsomraver

Get up there early and park opposite the cottage by the boat houses.free.then walk over the bridge and through the psrk.makes a nice change

H4usuallysitting

Beware the flooding....you can park (about £3 hour) north of Fulham Palace Road somewhere like Gowan or Wardo Avenue

dannyboi-ffc

Colehill lane where the Cottage pub used to be. You have to pay on the metre which is pricy but it's always good for spaces. I always park there on evening games or Sundays when it's free, don't on a Saturday but only cos of the metre. I reckon you will need about a tenner if you park there IN CHANGE! Don't make the mistake I did once and only have a fiver on ya
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

tommy

I always park off of Lilly Road. 10 minute walk and is free.

laurencecapel

I'm with Tommy above - there's a few roads off of Lillie Road which are free. I live close by and one word of warning is that there's a few parking restrictions on match days and the council are always on patrol ready to tow if parked in the wrong places etc.

snarks

I normally park on the side roads on the other side of the Fulham Palace road, restrictions finish at 5.00pm but it is metered and not cheap.

gerrys

Park in a side road halfway down Putney Hill, stop at the Railway (Wetherspoons) for a pint, and then walk down to, and across, the bridge and through the park.

filham

Quote from: laurencecapel on August 11, 2015, 07:50:55 AM
I'm with Tommy above - there's a few roads off of Lillie Road which are free. I live close by and one word of warning is that there's a few parking restrictions on match days and the council are always on patrol ready to tow if parked in the wrong places etc.

Beware of the traffic wardens they are on the ball and show no mercy, an inch or two over a yellow line and a heavy fine is on it's way to you instantly.

Airfix

Quote from: gerrys on August 11, 2015, 08:42:47 AM
Park in a side road halfway down Putney Hill, stop at the Railway (Wetherspoons) for a pint, and then walk down to, and across, the bridge and through the park.

If I drive, I do similar.  The cut-off for free parking is Putney High School, north of there and it'll cost, south and it's free.  The only difference is that I head for the Bricklayer's Arms.  By the time you get back to your car, most of the traffic has dissipated.  I managed to get home (Godalming) in about 30 minutes!

bucksfulham

All the parking info including a map of the zones is here:

http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Directory/Transport_and_Streets/Parking/Parking_zones/49393_Parking_Zones.asp

If you're parking in a pay and display spot make sure you pay for enough time. I've overrun by 10 minutes and been ticketed. It's happened to me twice. How dumb is that?

jarv

I have had luck parking near the hospital. You have to drive around a bit but there are always people coming and going. Its free on week-ends. (well it was last year).

TheManOnTheBus

not free, but Waitrose car park on Putney High St is reliable for space.

rweller86

Quote from: jarv on August 11, 2015, 12:48:49 PM
I have had luck parking near the hospital. You have to drive around a bit but there are always people coming and going. Its free on week-ends. (well it was last year).
This. Try Nella Road and the like. Coming in from Hammersmith, any roads to the right off Fulham Palace Road are free up until roughly the Shell Garage opposite Lille Road (which is on the left)
@rweller