watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - 2 more days of tube strikes

Started by Ordar, August 11, 2015, 04:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Another 2 days of tube strikes planned for 25th and 27th of August. How is this legal? 4 strike days in 6 weeks.

I hope Boris doesn't give in to them. I want them to get nothing. Aswell as their ridiculous salary (50K), working hours (36 per week) and holiday privileges (43 days per year) I see they also get 31% of their salary contributed by their employer for their pension while they only contribute 5%. SERIOUSLY. These idiots should be keeping as quiet as possible. No-one in London (or probably anywhere) has any sympathy for them.

I'm furious

Rupert

Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Good. I hope we strike endlessly if it means proving a point!!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Why should we stand back and get shafted by the mug Mayor of London?
Why shouldn't we stand up for ourselves to give us better work and conditions?

We have the pay, annual leave and pension contributions from MANY YEARS of fighting.

We also get that many days leaves, by sacrificing other things like bank holidays off (a total of 14 days a year normal office workers get!!), unsociable hours (which normal office workers don't have to suffer!) and "banked rest days" (meaning we work more hours than we're paid for!).

If the job is as good as you think, why not apply for it here: https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/careers/
But bare in mind, you'll have to get the Station Assistant job first and then pass all the assessments and interviews etc for the drivers job!

Or, if you like your job that much, why not fight for better pay and conditions like we have?!

Just a thought!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Holders

When I had to commute into London from the Surrey'Sussex border I found that tube strikes were more disruptive to me than overground strikes where there'd always be enough still working to manage a skeleton service. If the salary and benefits stated above are, indeed, correct then they're obscene.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Logicalman

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 11, 2015, 05:11:14 PM

We have the pay, annual leave and pension contributions from MANY YEARS of fighting.

We also get that many days leaves, by sacrificing other things like bank holidays off (a total of 14 days a year normal office workers get!!), unsociable hours (which normal office workers don't have to suffer!) and "banked rest days" (meaning we work more hours than we're paid for!).

If the job is as good as you think, why not apply for it here: https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/careers/
But bare in mind, you'll have to get the Station Assistant job first and then pass all the assessments and interviews etc for the drivers job!

Or, if you like your job that much, why not fight for better pay and conditions like we have?!

Just a thought!

No mate, I have a good job, with much higher pay and conditions, and I have never needed to hold a city to ransom to get it either. I got this job through bloody hard work and education (long after I left school), and no unions in sight, so your argument doesn't phase me on this.

I do, however feel for those in public service earning half of what you get, who actually directly affect public safety, and who do not strike.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Northern Cottager

Just a thought!

Oooooo someones taking time out from the picket line to contribute!

Holders

Quote from: Logicalman on August 11, 2015, 05:17:15 PM

Just a thought!

No mate, I have a good job, with much higher pay and conditions, and I have never needed to hold a city to ransom to get it either. I got this job through bloody hard work and education (long after I left school), and no unions in sight, so your argument doesn't phase me on this.

I do, however feel for those in public service earning half of what you get, who actually directly affect public safety, and who do not strike.

Statutory bank holidays are 8 days, not 14.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

gang

Try being self employed; no statutory bank holidays, no annual paid leave, no company contributions to a pension scheme.

west kowloon white

Sheepskin Junior

Just a thought!
If you whinge about how tough your job is, why did you chose to do it? And some of us are unfortunate enough to work in the private sector. If I 'fight for better pay and conditions' like you have, I would be sacked before I could say 'union'.

Friend of mine works for TFL, he says the strikes are crap. Apparently, more staff are being hired to cover the 'unsociable hours' as you term it. Quite frankly, it's getting out of hand now. Those of us that really couldn't give a flying one about your little pay rise or whatever it is this time still have to endure the nonsense you shove down our throats - and can't get in to work while doing so!
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

west kowloon white

Apologies-withdraw above -could be a bit personal.Good luck in your battle and hope you can win over the public.

bill taylors apprentice

grandad

Well the sale of cycles & motor scooters has gone through the roof.Take up the rails & make the tunnels a cycle path. Safer than the roads.
Where there's a will there's a wife

LBNo11

...threads like this are always going to lead to strong reactions, politics is usually banned unless civility (civility and politics in the same sentence shock) is maintained and respect for differing views is prevalent, and when thing become personal it's time to close the thread.

Besides people looking at a football message board get bored if there is political posts and rightly question why others don't post such things on political sites - I doubt many site devoted to politics debate football.

Thread closed...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC