more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

sky england in europe.

Started by vbg cottager, August 11, 2015, 06:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbg cottager

hi guys!

has anyone of you experience with getting english sky (sports) on the continent?
I can't watch any more premierleague games commentated by a german...

maybe some of you have an idea as I don't wanna stream those games.

the championship is shown there as well right? or which channels show our league in england?

thanks!

FPT

You don't want to stream? My Granddad lives in Spain and has a Sky Box, though since my Nan died he didn't have a need to have the programming so keeps the Sky Box but with a free-view like programme set up. As for you getting Sky on your television in Europe, I'm sure there's people and companies that can wire it up (a little illegally) for you. Sky Sports does hold the Football League live rights, usually a Friday Night game and a Saturday 12pm game - which isn't a lot considering that's the Championship and Leagues One and Two.

Hope that helps somewhat.

grandad

You only need a 4 metre dish & the account address in the UK that does not already have Sky.You need to pair the box with your Sky card. Do it by e-mail . Don´t phone them as they will see you are phoning from abroad. Had mine here in Spain for 8 years now.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bucksfulham

If you have any contacts in the UK with a spare "Skygo" and they give you their log-in details, you can use this. You will, however, need to  set up a VPN (virtual private network)and connect to your wifi via this. Skygo will only work in the UK but a VPN disguises your IP address so any website thinks you are in the UK.
My son has been doing this with  my spare Skygo for the last 8 years (4 in USA and 4 in Switzerland) without a problem.
It costs around £5 a month ($7.75) for a VPN. Just Google"VPN" and you should be able to find one.
Here's a link if you need it:

https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: bucksfulham on August 11, 2015, 06:48:22 PM
If you have any contacts in the UK with a spare "Skygo" and they give you their log-in details, you can use this. You will, however, need to  set up a VPN (virtual private network)and connect to your wifi via this. Skygo will only work in the UK but a VPN disguises your IP address so any website thinks you are in the UK.
My son has been doing this with  my spare Skygo for the last 8 years (4 in USA and 4 in Switzerland) without a problem.
It costs around £5 a month ($7.75) for a VPN. Just Google"VPN" and you should be able to find one.

Tut Tut   :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Logicalman

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 11, 2015, 06:58:45 PM
If you have any contacts in the UK with a spare "Skygo" and they give you their log-in details, you can use this. You will, however, need to  set up a VPN (virtual private network)and connect to your wifi via this. Skygo will only work in the UK but a VPN disguises your IP address so any website thinks you are in the UK.
My son has been doing this with  my spare Skygo for the last 8 years (4 in USA and 4 in Switzerland) without a problem.

Tut Tut   :0)

C'mon Rog, it's entrepreneurial, that's all!    :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Blanco

I pick up every uk channel on my digi box using a program called Prometheus. I have a less than 2 meter size dish. The program uses both your internet signal and dish to pickup the channels. It is illegal however. Although, any option you choose is.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Logicalman on August 11, 2015, 07:02:40 PM

Tut Tut   :0)

C'mon Rog, it's entrepreneurial, that's all!    :005:

What, like streaming movies before they are in the cinemas, surely not.
How was Dc Martin by the way  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Logicalman

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 11, 2015, 07:06:05 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on August 11, 2015, 07:02:40 PM
If you have any contacts in the UK with a spare "Skygo" and they give you their log-in details, you can use this. You will, however, need to  set up a VPN (virtual private network)and connect to your wifi via this. Skygo will only work in the UK but a VPN disguises your IP address so any website thinks you are in the UK.
My son has been doing this with  my spare Skygo for the last 8 years (4 in USA and 4 in Switzerland) without a problem.

Tut Tut   :0)

C'mon Rog, it's entrepreneurial, that's all!    :005:

What, like streaming movies before they are in the cinemas, surely not.
How was Dc Martin by the way  :0)

Check is in the post, Guv!   :022:    :dft001:  

(PM me your address again - we've moved since the last time)
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Jonaldiniho 88

I have downloaded an app called "hola" it's completely free and I managed to watch skygo from Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam etc...

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on August 11, 2015, 06:27:14 PM
You only need a 4 metre dish & the account address in the UK that does not already have Sky.You need to pair the box with your Sky card. Do it by e-mail . Don´t phone them as they will see you are phoning from abroad. Had mine here in Spain for 8 years now.
4 meter dish? Do you take over from Cape canaviral As a listening post for nasa when the shuttle goes into a blind spot?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bucksfulham

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 11, 2015, 07:07:42 PM

I have downloaded an app called "hola" it's completely free and I managed to watch skygo from Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam etc...
Didn't know about that one. Thanks

vbg cottager

thanks for all the answers guys!
gotta check some of your links as I don't really wanna pay 50pounds extra to what we pay for our german sky just to watch the premierleague..