watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

ANDRE GRAY?

Started by garyclashcityrocker, August 11, 2015, 08:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyclashcityrocker

Lots of debate about Dwight Gayle and no doubt he would be a good addition, but I have not seen anyone championing a move for Andre Gray.

Gray was exceptional in his first season in the football league and it's clear Brentford are willing to sell as per talks with Hull show.

I saw a lot of Gray last season and thought his movement and work rate was excellent. He proved he could score goals at this level and at the six or seven million Brentford are asking, is a player who is currently delivering, but also still full of further potential. He is by no means the finished article but will only get better. 18 plus goals in a league that was a big jump shows he has got what it takes.

Surely he would rather move down the road and remain in the south than go to Hull.

laurencecapel

Gray is definitely one of those raw players who as you said did have an exceptional first season with Brentford. He clearly wants to move too as didn't start the other day as he was not 'mentally ready'. Kit could do a lot worse.

Bronaldinho

Hull are keen on him.

Had a £7m bid rejected for him.

Pricey.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

laurencecapel

Quote from: Bronaldinho on August 12, 2015, 01:33:19 PM
Hull are keen on him.

Had a £7m bid rejected for him.

Pricey.

Reading they're going back in for him again but Steve Bruce reckons he'll be more now as he come off the bench and scored.

garyclashcityrocker

Really think we are missing a trick with Andre Gray. Bristol City have had a bid of £9 million accepted today. If he continues to develop at his current rate were looking at a £15 million plus player in two years. Pricey???? I think he's a steal at that when compared to the price we paid for Ross and have been quoted in the past for Gayle, Rhodes and others in this division or lower. We need to get players in like this, because realistically our days of attracting quality and potential are fading fast. It's made mad that we've took flyers on risk purchases like Mitroglou, Ruiz, spending large sums on fees and wages, but won't take a punt on players who have proven they can deliver at this level and are full of further unfulfilled potential.

Craven Mad

£9m is crazy for a 24-year-old Championship player with just 1 good season under his belt. Gayle is going for less money despite being a team's top scorer two seasons running in the Premier League, also 24.

Bristol are only offering £9m because they know they're lacking goals, not because he's worth it. I'd rather we try to rinse  City for an expensive sale of Matt Smith and get in Gayle to replace him here, with a net spend of just a couple of million - they'll pay anything for a striker!

MJG

Stupid money for a bloke with a season and two games in the championship. Well overpriced. Pay 3m more  and you could Rhodes.

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

garyclashcityrocker

Gayle promised much in a division below on and off over two seasons. When we originally enquired about him prior to his move to Palace we were quoted £8 million. He scored 13 goals in 29 appearances including his loan spell. Although he showed potential it could be argued he hasn't been good enough to force his way into the Palace side as a regular, but has still scored 12 goals in about 50 apps, mostly a s sub. Which is steady.

I agree that Gray has only has done it for a season (to be fair his only had the one) but if you take into consideration the jump he made from the conference to the second tier of English football, seemingly in his stride, scoring 18 and creating many more for others with his clever self less running. Add to that he looks to be carrying on were he left off, even with the distraction of transfer speculation -  scoring from the bench in Brentford's opener and scoring one and creating two last Saturday I would still deem him the more likely to fufill his real potential over time and prove to be great value.

DeuceBigelow

Gray- Completely overpriced. Watched him for Luton many times. £1.5 million MAX.
Riverside Block W