watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stephen Arthurworrey @ Yeovil

Started by laurencecapel, August 12, 2015, 01:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laurencecapel

Was just having a little browse and stumbled across this article in the Western Gazette (reputable I know) -

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Stephen-Arthurworrey-howler-Yeovil-Town-Capital/story-27593318-detail/story.html?

Looks like Arthurworrey is having a torrid time on loan at Yeovil and Paul Sturrock isn't impressed - he's only 2 games in to his loan spell!

Now any first team experience is experience but surely we don't want him coming back half the player he was? Have to feel for the lad a little - not as if he spent half a season there last year too and wasn't the 'issue'.

Rhys Lightning 63

I was listening to 5 Live on the way home from work last night and they said that it was Arthurworrey's fault for the first goal
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

laurencecapel

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 12, 2015, 01:58:41 PM
I was listening to 5 Live on the way home from work last night and they said that it was Arthurworrey's fault for the first goal

And for the goal the other day too - my issue though is Sturrock coming out and effectively publicly slating him. He's only a kid and you'd expect and experienced manager to be putting an arm around him.

Still think he's got some ability and will come good.

Chesh

Sturrock isn't actually slating him, he's basically just saying that he knows he is better then the individual errors that have obviously led to 2 or 3 goals.

In a way, it's a show of belief in the lad, but he had to mention it if asked about obvious errors.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Logicalman

I did watch the match last night, and he had a bad first 45, though he seemed to settle better for the second. The whole team played below par for the whole first half, and even if the Ha-ha's were poor themselves, it shows that they went two up, as the best of two poor teams. The Ha-has did what they were expected to do, even Henry & Onuoha  getting a few dirty tackles into the mix.

For Sturrock to blame the lad is just deflecting from his own performance as a manager, having been there just 5 minutes,  it's not surprising that this is his first real appointment in 2 years given his - apparent - propensity to blame single players. He did well with Southend, though didn't come up to scratch in his last season there, and his change of mind in not leading his players out at the final, albeit he was not the actual manager of the team at that time - TangoMan was - doesn't help his cause.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

MikeW

Let's not forget we are talking Paul Sturrock here.  Bit eccentric .... I could say worse.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Logicalman

Quote from: MikeW on August 12, 2015, 02:39:24 PM
Let's not forget we are talking Paul Sturrock here.  Bit eccentric .... I could say worse.

I have to admit, every time the camera paused on him, all you could see was a stomach like an avalanche waiting to happen hanging over his waistband - didn't portray the greatest image of a manager, but then again, he was a good and faithful player in his time, I think he could do well there.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.