watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Charlton and Sheff Weds

Started by Wearethewhites, August 12, 2015, 01:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Could both be surprise packages this season. Have heard that Sheff Weds look very slick, and that Charlton look organised and very strong at the back. 

westcliff white

Have a feeling that Sheff Wed are going to throw some money at there promotion bid over the next 6 to 18 months (if they do not go up this year). Wealthy owner and for some reason I get the feeling they may go for the QPR option
Every day is a Fulham day

FPT

Charlton have had a bizarre continuity and improvement despite a frequent turnover of players and management since the takeover of Roland Duchatelet. Big signs of intent in getting Johan Berg Gudmundsson and Jordan Cousins to sign new deals despite Premier League interest - they've got a lot of young players too so there's potential for the team to grow together. I think they'll be a good mid-table side, maybe pushing for an outer play off spot depending on other team failures .

Sheffield Wednesday I know less about, but there's a Portuguese flavour there now! I do think they have the best goalkeeper in the division, and possibly the best centre back also. Marco Matias looks a really terrific talent and he has that star quality given his quality in the top level of Portuguese football - he was the fourth top goalscorer for a team that finished 7th scoring more than Islam Slimani for example. If they can retain the defensive qualities from Stuart Gray but Carlos Carvalhal manages to inject the skill and flow going forward, then there's no reason they can't be a dark horse.

Kent_Fulham

I was at the Charlton vs QPR game with a friend, who is a Charlton fan, last Saturday and to my annoyance after the initial 20 minutes Charlton looked very strong at the back. Then with Watt also coming on at half time they also looked quite decent going forward.

They could be up top 6 this year, but having said that they also started strong last  season until they went on a run of bad form.

SP

An Addick at work has placed a decent sum on CAFC finishing in the top 4, he has a reasonably good track record.

One Martin Thomas

Gotta feeling it will be Ipswich this year !  Hopefully Fulham up there somewhere, but I quite fancy Ipswich to go up this time over Weds and Charlton.