more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So now that O'Hara is the flavour of the month, will you now conceed that

Started by fulhamben, August 13, 2015, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

Quote from: fulhamben on August 13, 2015, 05:42:07 PM
Parker wasn't a good signing for us, isn't a valuable member of our team and isn't our best player or best captain. Php forever  086.gif
Simple answer no.
No team (and FFC in particular) can have too many experienced, quality team players with a positive attitude. Both O'Hara and Parker fit those categories and both will provide an important contribution to the club this season. Parker however is undeniably getting older so the introduction of O'Hara this season to the squad is a huge positive over the last two seasons.
I just wish we had had more players like them over the last two seasons as then we might still be in the Premiership! 

fulhamben

Quote from: copthornemike on August 13, 2015, 07:36:37 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 13, 2015, 05:42:07 PM
Parker wasn't a good signing for us, isn't a valuable member of our team and isn't our best player or best captain. Php forever  086.gif
Simple answer no.
No team (and FFC in particular) can have too many experienced, quality team players with a positive attitude. Both O'Hara and Parker fit those categories and both will provide an important contribution to the club this season. Parker however is undeniably getting older so the introduction of O'Hara this season to the squad is a huge positive over the last two seasons.
I just wish we had had more players like them over the last two seasons as then we might still be in the Premiership! 
but we did have Parker over the last two seasons. Two of our worst seasons
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Chutney

why use one players success to criticise another? Awful attitude. Parker is our captain and even if he doesn't have the presence on the pitch he once had he is valuable to the club in terms of experience and helping other players develop and learn. Should we suffer any injuries/suspensions we know that he will step in and give 100%. You are utterly and completely wrong. I don't understand how you can say that a player providing experience and cover "isn't a valuable member of our team".
C O Y W

LukeJennings

Lets just get one thing clear O'Hara has played two matches... Don't take that the wrong way! I also think he has been brilliant and I am very happy with him, but I still think Parker has an important part to play, he is underrated by too many for me personally.
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Rhys Lightning 63

I have always maintained, that Scott Parker was A reason for our 'poor showing' in the past few seasons, but not THE reason.

Could we have had someone better infront of the back four? Absolutely
Could we have had someone better IN the back four? Absolutely
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on August 13, 2015, 05:52:48 PM
As much as he tries and has great experience I prefer this midfield without Parker. O'Hara is the new Murphy, make no mistake about it.

I'd like to think so.
Hopefully he will pick up the chalice and resurrect his c
areer for us.
God knows we need it after the midfield wilderness we have suffered.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Chutney on August 13, 2015, 08:26:14 PM
why use one players success to criticise another? Awful attitude. Parker is our captain and even if he doesn't have the presence on the pitch he once had he is valuable to the club in terms of experience and helping other players develop and learn. Should we suffer any injuries/suspensions we know that he will step in and give 100%. You are utterly and completely wrong. I don't understand how you can say that a player providing experience and cover "isn't a valuable member of our team".

Its a commendable point well made Chutney.
I've not been his biggest fan but he has always tried. And that's the best u can do.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Andy S

Totally agree. Parker was struggling to complete games last season and two game per week were certainly too much. Whether that was in part down to his injury I don't know.

Forever Fulham

You can't look at Parker in isolation.  You have to consider him within the context of those who played with him at the time.  We had woeful holes.  A sieve for a back line.  He maybe slow and small, but he has great qualities.  His character.  His desire.  He seems to have a good mind for the game.  He doesn't shirk a challenge.  He supports and nurtures teammates.  I can see his value at coming in at the 60th or 70th minute, when needed, and playing all out.  Even at his age, that's not so many minutes he'll be gassed at the end.

Blanco

Quote from: fulhamben on August 13, 2015, 07:23:28 PM
Quote from: Blanco on August 13, 2015, 06:57:42 PM
He was a panick buy but thats not too say he didn't give it his all for us and play some good games. Now we don't need him because of O'Hara but before there was no need to slag him off as a player off.
lots snagged off Ruiz Mitro and others, and still some slang off Woodrow Dembele kaka. Is it all the snagging you can't abide or just certain players? If it's all then fair play to ya, if not then why?

It depends on the player. I couldn't stand Ruiz. I didn't moan about Mitroglou really because I rate him as a player it was just an unfortunate series of events with his injury, etc... I wish Dembele would get more minutes like most of the people on this board. Woodrow I don't really rate but I get he has a good workrate. I've always liked Kaka for some reason. Same with Parker. He was past it when we signed him but I still liked the signing.

filham

Parker has played two full seasons in bad Fulham teams and has continuously given good hard working performances
O'Hara has played but a single game for us in an away match so most of us have yet to see him play , at this stage  to suggest that O'Hara is going to be an improvement on Parker can only be a knee jerk reaction made without foundation.

As the season wears on there may well be times when it will be prudent to play both of them in the team but just now we need to hope the initial promise shown by O'Hara continues.

terryr

At some points Parker was the only shining light. He was a good signing. Saviour?
No.
He did however fight for every ball when others had given up was what I remember. I believe he was an inspiration for the younger players though that's  probably conjecture on my part I will concede
Turning on him now seems a bit churlish in my view.
That's not to say Ohara shouldn't keep his place in the side.
Dumping on Parker to big up O'hara isn't the right way to make that point in my opinion.

simplyfulham

Quote from: fulhamben link=topic=49074.msgi695615#msg695615 date=1439485872
Quote from: colinwhite on August 13, 2015, 05:59:41 PM
Ben, as I have stated before , Parker is never a deep lying midfielder As long as he has a hole in his rear end . He was hopelessly payed out of position . He can however still do a job for us now again is is by no means over (even if he is past is as a box to box  midfielder ,his best position ).
I dont think he will be  an automatic choice  any more but we shall see!
He was deep lying for spurs and england

No he sodding well wasn't.

simplyfulham

He was a very good box to box midfielder in his time, who had just one to many injuries by the time he joined us. He was a slightly better Dickson Etuhu.. Just about 2ft shorter.

I wished we signed him about 4 years before we did.
Murphy - Parker would probably have won the Europa league.

simplyfulham

O'Hara is quality.

In many ways he is the classic Fulham signing. He fits the profile of nearly all the successful players we've signed in the past 5 years.

- Shows early promise and then has so far failed to quite live up to that promise.
- Experienced quality prem player who has succumbed to injuries/pressure at the top level

Zamora
Duff
Murphy
Gera
Johnson
Hughes
Schwarzer
Davies

BedsFFC

You know, I have been thinking for a while that O'Hara is an astute signing like Woy would have made like Simon Davies and Murphy. Players with something to prove.

But, unless I'm mistaken, both of these were Sanchez signings (Hadn't seen previous post)

love4ffc

No, Parker is not the worse thing FFC has ever signed.  Agree he is true warrior and leads by example.  No complaining from him.  No diving.  Just get up and get on with the game.  Wish there were more players like him. 

As has been said, long season ahead.  We could do a lot worse then Parker being in the team. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

colinwhite