watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (14/08/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 14, 2015, 07:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

QPR and Fulham told: £2million and we'll do business for Wanderers defender Tim Ream

TIM Ream will be allowed to leave the Macron Stadium – if Fulham or QPR can meet Wanderers' valuation.

Neil Lennon does not want to lose his versatile defender but sources in West London claim both clubs have been instructed that a deal can be done at £2million.

ive bids – one from Fulham and four from QPR – have already been rejected, with each falling well short of the magic number.

Brighton's Lewis Dunk remains a target for both clubs and it remains to be seen whether the arrival of German centre-back Uwe Hünemeier at the Amex Stadium yesterday could have a bearing on the situation.

Lennon remained defiant on Tuesday night, insisting the player was "not for sale" but the Whites boss conceded that the matter could be taken out of his control if either of his Championship rivals came up with the right amount of cash.

"That's a question you'd have to ask the board, the chairman or the owner. I won't be making that decision," he told The Bolton News.

Ream is still nursing a thigh injury and has not played since returning from international duty at the Gold Cup over the summer. He is not expected to feature in the squad for this weekend's trip to Middlesbrough.

Meanwhile, reports that Sheffield Wednesday have approached Wanderers about signing midfielder Josh Vela are understood to be wide of the mark.

Hull City have also linked with the academy graduate but sources at the Macron Stadium insist there has been no contact, nor would the club be in the market to sell.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/13593763.QPR_and_Fulham_told____2million_and_we_ll_do_business_for_Wanderers_defender_Tim_Ream/?

WhiteJC

QPR and Fulham join Championship rivals in race for Palace's £6m hotshot

Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle looks set to be on the move. (Photo by Michael Steele/Getty Images)

Dwight Gayle is no closer to agreeing a move to Bristol City with QPR, Fulham, Middlesbrough and Premier League Norwich all rumoured to be interested.

Crystal Palace accepted a bid from the Robins for the former Peterborough forward on Tuesday lunchtime but Gayle is seemingly some way from agreeing an Ashton Gate transfer.

And now The Bristol Post and Daily Mail suggest remaining in London with Fulham or QPR or staying in the Premier League with the Canaries could appeal to Gayle, who has scored 12 times for Palace since his arrival.

City's bid for Gayle was rumoured to be an inital £6 million and the Eagles would be looking at a similar fee if they are to let the four clubs talk to their striker.

The 25-year-old seemingly has no future at Selhurst Park after Conor Wickham and Patrick Bamford both arrived this summer.

If Gayle turns down Bristol City then The Mail suggests that a bid for Brentford's unsettled striker Andre Gray could be on the cards.

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/crystal-palace/qpr_and_fulham_join_championship_rivals_in_race_for_palace_s_6m_hotshot_1_4191604
Copyright © LONDON24

WhiteJC

Fulham sweating over injury to Jack Grimmer

Kit Symons' Fulham will assess Jack Grimmer's injury that he sustained during the 1-0 League Cup victory over Wycombe Wanderers, after the defender was stretchered off in the second half.

The 21-year-old went to ground following a strong tackle by Garry Thompson in the 62nd minute, and he was later taken off after a lengthy treatment to his Achilles.

Speaking in a news conference after the game, the Whites manager Kit Symons couldn't decide the extent of the injury, saying that scan results will reveal how long the player will be sidelined.

He said, "We're still waiting to find out but it looked a nasty one. I don't want to say too much yet but we've got our fingers crossed for him."

Grimmer's injury woe was the only negative thing to take from a game mostly dominated by the hosts and won by the guests. A fabulous second-half strike by Alex Kacaniklic three minutes after Grimmer's injury was enough to see off a challenging Wanderers side.

Wycombe came close on several occasions, Thompson fired over from five yards after he was set up by Anthony Stewart, while Danny Rowe failed to capitalise on Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli, who fumbled a free kick by Joe Jacobson.

The manager said he was happy with the win, heaping praise on a solid back-line that ensured a clean sheet.

"I think it always is. These are really tough games.

"Wycombe put us under a lot of pressure with balls into the box and we had to defend resolutely, which we did. I think the difference is last year I'd be expecting something to fall for the opposition, today we defended manfully, the back four were excellent, Marcus in goal was very, very good''.

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-sweating-over-injury-to-jack-grimmer/?#7bZaCi8P3VaKU6xV.99

WhiteJC

Fulham still want Bolton's Tim Ream despite QPR agreeing fee - sources

Fulham are set to match Queens Park Rangers' bid to sign United States defender Tim Ream from Bolton, sources have told ESPN FC.

QPR agreed a fee in the region of £1.4 million with Bolton for Ream on Wednesday after seeing several previous offers rejected by their Championship rivals.

Bolton boss Neil Lennon confirmed on Thursday morning that QPR's bid had been accepted and that a deal was likely.

"I think a fee has been agreed for Tim but I don't know if it's gone through yet or not, but it looks like he's on his way to QPR," he told The Bolton News.

However, although Bolton have given Ream permission to travel to London to hold talks with QPR officials, sources have told ESPN FC that Fulham remain in the race for the player.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2561723/fulham-still-want-tim-ream-as-qpr-agree-fee-sources?

laurencecapel

Imagine if the transfer window closed with Gayle, Dunk and Ream all being signed...

To be fair, I know we are desperate for defenders but Dwight Gayle will get GOALS in the Championship.

WhiteJC

Ross McCormack agrees new Fulham deal

HITC Sport has learned that the former Leeds star has agreed a new long-term contract.

Fulham have agreed to a new long-term contract with striker Ross McCormack, HITC Sport understands.

The 28-year-old only joined the Cottagers last summer when they paid Leeds United £11million for his signature.

The expected promotion challenge never transpired and indeed McCormack's 17 goals played a huge part in Fulham staying in the Championship.

McCormack has also attracted interest from a number of clubs this summer with Norwich, Bournemouth, Derby and Middlesbrough all casting admiring glances towards him.

But Fulham have moved quickly to tie down the prized asset to a new long-term deal and HITC Sport understands that McCormack will put pen-to-paper before the weekend.

The Scotland international has decided to pen his new deal after talks with boss Kit Symons, who is looking for McCormack to.lead their promotion charge. Fulham drew their opening game of the season 1-1 with Cardiff City.

McCormack also his eyes firmly set on a recall to the Scottish national squad.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/13/ross-mccormack-agrees-new-fulham-deal/?

WhiteJC

What's my name? Fulham winger prays everyone gets it right

Whites winger sets out aims for season

Tussle: Alex Kacaniklic and Wycombe's Joe Jacobson in action

Alex Kacaniklic has revealed a hat-trick of hopes for the season - not least getting his name pronounced properly.

The Fulham winger of Serbian descent had dad wanting son to represent the homeland. Kacaniklic chose birthplace Sweden instead, but admits he's endured a history of howlers and mangled vowels, as a result.

"It's been like that my whole life," he said. "When I was a kid, loudspeakers at tournaments tried to pronounce my name.

"I didn't even know what name they were pronouncing.

"Maybe, if I play more games for Fulham it will become easier for everybody.'

Winner: Kacaniklic scores at Wycombe

Getting game time is second on the Kaca wish list, and after scoring the winner in the 1-0 Capital Cup win over Wycombe on Tuesday (see video), has done his chances no harm ahead of Brighton's visit tomorrow (Saturday).

This time last year, Kacaniklic was on loan at FC Copenhagen, his initiative, but refused to detail reasons for self-imposed exile.

The smart money is the controversial reign of ex-boss Felix Magath that alienated great swathes of the Fulham camp also had Kacaniklic opting for a temporary haven in Denmark.

Goal: Kacaniklic celebrates scoring at Huddersfield last season

But now, more games for Fulham equals better chances to represent Sweden in the European Championships next summer.

He said: "I was happy with my performance and to score the winning goal at Wycombe; that sort of performance and goal are my strengths.

"The season we were relegated wasn't good (2013-14), and last season was also up and down for both me and the club, so this year we've started pretty well and are looking forward.

Happy days: Kacaniklic and team-mates

"I've got a year left on my contract and it's a big year here at Fulham and for Sweden. We're looking pretty good in the qualifications and we hopefully will be at the Euros."

It seems Sweden national coach Erik Hamrén and Whites boss Kit Symons speak the same language when it comes to Kacaniklic.

"I speak to Swedish coaches quite regularly and they say much the same as the coaches here: 'when you're on the ball get at the back four,'" the player added.

Say it loud and proud
Just in case you meet him, break up Kacaniklic's name into cacker-nick-litch and join up.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/whats-name-fulham-winger-prays-9848782?

WhiteJC

Pre Match report for the Fulham game - Saturday, 15th August 2015

Fulham v Brighton

ALBIONS AUGUST; locally scraped past Forest in the Championship, regionally at Southend in the Cup and next take the short hop into London hoping a third one-nil victory will keep summer optimism alive & kicking much longer.

TOP EIGHT; 1 MK Dons 3pt v Preston, Derby v 2 Charlton 3pt, Ipswich v 4 Sheff Wed 3pt, Burnley v 5 Birmingham 3pt, 6 Wolves 3pt v 3 Hull 3pt, Fulham v 7 Brighton 3pt, Bristol City v 8 Brentford 1pt.

14/15 FULHAM home form; P23 W9 D5 L9 F36 A38 Po17 = 1.39pt/gm or 61.5% of points tally home & away.
14/15 second half home; P12 W4 D3 L5 F18 A26 (Po20) = 1.25pt/gm - more domestic deterioration during 2015.
LAST SIX seasons finish; (12, 8, 9, 12, 19 @ Prem), 17. The rot was stopped and stability is now essential before elevation.

15/16 FORECASTS; title 22/1, promotion 7/1, relegation 7/1. Odds makers took the view it could swing either way around a centre point.
TARGET; expectation levels dropped considerably after that previous downturn but top ten would be wishful thinking?

KIT SYMONS has been in post since September 2014 when things were a tad estranged at the Cottage.
The club struggled throughout the past campaign and a developing manager-squad fit looks further to be tested at this level.
He opened Cottagers account on Saturday with a point on the road and said, +I am disappointed not to have won it but was pleased with the performance+

INS; Jazz Richards (Swansea), Ben Pringle (Rotherham), Andy Lonergan (Bolton), Tom Cairney (Blackburn), Jamie OHara (Blackpool), Luke Garbutt (Everton - loan)
Jamie OHara said, +I was actually supposed to be going to Dubai and cancelled the holiday and came into Fulham - and they offered me a contract+

COC; won away at Wycombe 0-1.

14/15 BRIGHTON away form; P23 W4 D9 L10 F18 A25 Po20 = 0.91pt/gm or 44.6% of points tally home & away.
14/15 second half away; P12 W3 D4 L5 F6 A7 (Po17) = 1.08pt/gm - big improvement!
LAST SIX seasons finish; (13, 1 @ League One), 10, 4, 6, 20. Last term was a step backward and very close to falling over at times.

15/16 FORECASTS; title 25/1, promotion 9/1, relegation 7/1. There is variation on a theme with most firms - we are as average as they come.
TARGET; well, the only way is up. A good start is essential if build up in pre-season is to see Seagulls hit the air flying.

CHRIS HUGHTON is tasked with improving our lot throughout this campaign and is now orchestrating his own modus operandi, rather than fire-fighting to prevent the Amex burning down to lower levels.
Apparently money has been made available to boost the squad, assuming it is an investment and not creative accounting as per fairplay hamstringing.

INS; Uwe Hunemeier (Paderborn), Bobby Zamora (QPR), Tomer Hemed (Almeria), Liam Rosenior (Hull), Niki Maenpaa (Venlo), Gaetan Bong (Wigan), Vahid Hambo (FC Inter), Jack Harper (Real Madrid).

http://www.brightonfans.com/NewsNow/reports_page.php?id=3&pre=yes

WhiteJC

McCormack agrees new Fulham contract
by DAN on AUGUST 13, 2015

Ross McCormack has agreed terms on a contract extension with Fulham, according to media reports this morning.

The Scottish international striker has been talking to the club about extending his deal at Craven Cottage over the past couple of weeks, following interest in his services from the likes of Middlesbrough and Norwich City. He is expected to put pen to paper on a new long-term contract before Saturday's game against Brighton and Hove Albion.

The 28 year-old striker only joined Fulham last summer after a protracted transfer saga that saw him leave Leeds United for an initial fee of around £6m, but McCormack was keen to commit his future to the club. He scored nineteen goals in his first season at Craven Cottage and earned a recall to Gordon Strachan's national squad.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/08/mccormack-agrees-new-fulham-contract/?

WhiteJC

U21s: Arsenal v Fulham - Preview

Alex Iwobi has had quite a summer.

After ending the 2014/15 season in scintillating form with seven goals in the under-21s' last five games, the 19-year-old was given the chance to train with the first team when he returned to London Colney.

Iwobi impressed and was named in Arsène Wenger's tour squad to Asia, where he made his Arsenal debut against a Singapore Select XI.

However, the best was yet to come as the forward scored his first senior goal against Lyon in the Emirates Cup.

Now Iwobi has a chance to return to the scene of that goal when Arsenal Under-21s host Fulham on Friday, but that is not the teenager's only fond memory of playing at Emirates Stadium.

"It was probably one of my first games playing up front for the under-21s," he told Arsenal Player. "We were playing Stoke City at the Emirates and I scored a hat-trick in front of the North Bank.

"That kick-started my goalscoring streak and I've proven I can score now. Playing on the wing, I always used to aim for assists but when I'm playing up front it's all about the goals. I've got a few tricks in my locker as well so hopefully I add a little bit of flavour to the team.

"I just can't believe what I'm doing right now and I have to remember that I'm still only 19, so I'm just taking it step by step," added Iwobi.

"I've enjoyed everything that's happened so far but there's still much more to come from me. Hopefully I can pick up my goalscoring form from the first game and have another successful season.

"I would like to hopefully play a few games here and there, hopefully be involved in the Capital One Cup, so it's just about trying to get into the first team.

"Hector [Bellerin] went out on loan at Watford, did well there, and then he took his chance against Borussia Dortmund. The rest is history, he's been doing his job really well and he's a real inspiration for me."

Arsenal Under-21s host Fulham at Emirates Stadium on Friday. Kick-off is at 7pm

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/match/report/1415/pre/under-21/u21s-arsenal-v-fulham-preview?#TsdFd0r3lwuSzoFr.99

WhiteJC

O'Hara Pleased With Start

Jamie O'Hara is happy with how his Fulham career has begun, and says he can't wait to run out at Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon against Brighton & Hove Albion.

Tickets for Saturday's game are still available to buy, priced from just £25 adults and £5 juniors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/13/ohara-pleased-with-start?

WhiteJC

Matt Smith a Fulham positive perspective

There are plenty of things that may bum you about Fulham the last few years but let's look at one of the the positives of from the 2015/16 opener against Cardiff.

The end of the match left a poor taste in all our mouth. Instead of focusing on that late frustration let's turn our focus on somethings that can cleanse our pallet of that residing flavor sitting upon our tongue, which can taint our perspective, and turn our attention to a few good things that came out of the match.

The one thing that I think we all felt going into the season was that we wished there was a way that we could upgrade the second striker position. That we could some how find someone that could be paired with McCormick that could make his skill set more pronounced and be an attacking threat all his own. Matt Smith showed up and supplied plenty of effort and intensity for a team that consistently needed that up top last season.

Smith took four shots that includes getting to a mishandled parry by Simon Moore that turned into a headed goal needed to help earn the whites a point on the road. It's not a win but any amount of points on the road is nothing to sneeze at in terms of production and a good portion of that is due to Smith and his endeavour.

One game isn't meant to change anything for the season or change our expectations for a player or the squad as a whole. This is a young team with a lot of talent. Matt Smith probably doesn't get more than 20 starts over a full season and that's okay. Moussa Dembele is going to get his share of starts, so is Cauley Woodrow and hopefully Adam Taggart too.

That being said Matt Smith showed once more that he is a capable selection in the Championship and while he isn't going to score 10 or even 15 goals this season, he is going to be a physical presence that can help hold possession, create opportunities and give McCormack a reliable partner. These are details often overlooked when your defense is so horrible it's all anyone wants to talk about. Dan Burn fell over twice in a matter of a single minute while not marking anyone.

The defense is a whole other (bad) story that we can talk about down the road. But for now let's just simply enjoy a surprising bright spot to last week.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2015/8/13/9135103/fulham-positive-perspective

WhiteJC

Sammy James Q&A

We caught up with Sammy James, host of our new matchday show #FFCRadio, to find out a little more about why he supports the Whites and how he became a presenter.

So Sammy, why Fulham?

I was taken to see Fulham v Southampton at Craven Cottage at the beginning of our first Premier League season by one of my Mum's work colleagues. I think I was nine. I'd never been into football before that, but I was mesmerised by the Cottage. I think we won 2-1 which was a bonus!

What are your best memories supporting Fulham?

The Europa League year was obviously incredible. My Dad and I went away to Basel and twice to Hamburg. It was a complete fairytale – just a shame Diego Forlan forgot to read the script...

Any Fulhamish stories?

I went to THAT game at Sunderland when the most bizarre April snowstorm came over and the match was called off within 20 minutes. We'd gone 1-0 up as well, and only a few minutes after leaving the stadium there was sunshine and bright blue skies. We lost the replay as well which was Sunderland's only home win all season. It could have only happened to Fulham.

Who's your all-time favourite player?

Danny Murphy (who put the ball in the Pompey net?)

And your favourite current player?

Lasse Vigen Christensen. He has that spark of genius that I dare say we have missed since Danny Murphy left. If he stays fit all this season we have a huge chance of going up.

How did you get into the radio game?

I'd always been a bit of a radio geek but it was only after leaving college I realised it might be a fun career. First of all I tried hospital radio at Redhill Hospital, after which I joined the student radio station at Leeds Uni, and everything kind of went from there.

What other radio gigs have you had/are you doing?

I presented the breakfast show on Worthy FM which is Glastonbury's official radio station, and I also worked on Heart Drivetime up in Leeds. I've just joined Absolute Radio in London and I'll be presenting on Absolute Radio 90s very soon!

How excited are you about working with Fulham this season?

I'm completely buzzing about it. I feel like the jammiest person in the world that I've somehow combined being on the radio and watching Fulham. Gentleman Jim is a club legend and it will be an honour to work alongside him. I know that the matchday radio is a really important service for thousands of fans all over the world, so I want to make sure that the show helps everyone who can't make the matches feel as close to the action as possible.

Have you enjoyed the shows you've done so far?

Yes – it's been nerve-racking, but I think that they've gone well so far and I've really appreciated all the kind comments from the fans on Twitter. I'm sure the shows will keep getting better as the season continues. COYW!

#FFCRadio will be back on fulhamfc.com at 2pm on Saturday, as the Whites host Brighton & Hove Albion at the Cottage.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/13/sammy-james-q-and-a?

WhiteJC

U21s' Emirates Trip

Fulham Under-21s' second game of the Barclays Premier League Division 2 season takes place at the Emirates Stadium at 7pm against Arsenal on Friday.

The Whites started their season well with a 1-0 home win against Brighton & Hove Albion last Friday – a result which left them fourth in the table following the remainder of the weekend's matches. Stephen Humphrys scored a late 86th minute winner to ensure Peter Grant's side got off to the perfect start.

Friday marks Arsenal U21s' first game of the campaign, and last season saw them finish fifth in Division Two, 13 points off winners Middlesbrough.

Arsenal had a stunted pre-season, with their game at Meadow Park against Boreham Wood abandoned due to heavy rain, after they beat Bristol Rovers 1-0 at the Memorial Ground a week earlier.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/august/13/u21s-emirates-trip?

WhiteJC

Fulham table new offer for Tarkowski

Fulham have renewed their efforts to sign Brentford centre back James Tarkowski by making a new offer this afternoon, according to media reports.

Brentford had already rejected a bid believed to be around £1.7m from their west London neighbours for Tarkowski earlier this summer, but time ticking away in the summer transfer window – and Kit Symons' still seeing additional central defenders as a priority in the transfer market – Fulham have upped their offer for the 22 year-old.

The former Oldham Athletic defender, who is reportedly unsettled at Griffin Park after the departure of Mark Warburton during the close season, was a key figure as Brentford won promotion to League One and followed that up by reaching the play-off semi-finals in their first season in the Championship. He scored as the Bees came back from two goals down in injury time to draw their opening day fixture with Ipswich and Fulham, who have been in pursuit of Brighton defender Lewis Dunk for much of the summer, have now increased their offer to around the £3m mark.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/08/fulham-table-new-offer-for-tarkowski/?

WhiteJC

Ross McCormack to stay at Fulham as £11m striker agrees contract extension
Fulham striker Ross McCormack agrees new contract at Craven Cottage
The 28-year-old extends four-year deal he signed upon arrival last year
Norwich and Middlesbrough had shown an interest in McCormack

Fulham striker Ross McCormack has agreed a new contract to stay at Craven Cottage.

The Scotland international arrived in west London from Leeds last season in an £11million deal, scoring 19 goals in his first season at the club.

And just 12 months into a four-year deal, Fulham have moved to offer McCormack improved terms.

Fulham striker Ross McCormack has agreed a new contract to stay at Craven Cottage

McCormack (right) taking a shot as Fulham drew 1-1 with Cardiff in their Championship opener

Fulham and McCormack hope to confirm the deal by the start of next week.

Norwich and Middlesbrough have shown an interest in the 28-year-old striker, but the Scot has shown his commitment to Fulham's promotion drive by agreeing an extension.

McCormack started as Fulham drew 1-1 at Cardiff in their Championship opener at the weekend, and also played as Kit Symons' side overcame Wycombe 1-0 in their Capital One Cup first round clash on Tuesday

The Fulham striker (right) arrived at Craven Cottage in an £11million deal last summer

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3196828/Ross-McCormack-stay-Fulham-11m-striker-agrees-contract-extension.html#ixzz3ilw1rIIM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham vs. Brighton & Hove Albion

Two sides that have made unbeaten starts to the campaign face off on Saturday when Fulham play host to Brighton & Hove Albion at Craven Cottage.

While both underwhelmed last term on their way to disappointing finishes, it could be a different story this time around thanks to the solid footing put in place early on.

FulhamFulham caretaker manager Kit Symons looks on during the Capital One Cup Third Round match between Fulham and Doncaster Rovers at Craven Cottage on September 23, 2014
Following last season's slow beginning to life in the Championship, Fulham made a somewhat better start to things this time around by earning a credible 1-1 draw away at Cardiff City.

It could have been even better for the Cottagers, who were only denied maximum points by Craig Noone's superb late equaliser in South Wales.

That was followed up by a 1-0 League Cup win over Wycombe Wanderers in midweek, showing that Fulham are certainly better prepared this time around under the watch of Kit Symons.

Matt Smith was on target in the opening-day draw, finding the net for the fourth time in his last six outings, while a further boost in attack has also been handed to Symons with the news that Ross McCormack has reportedly agreed to sign a new deal.

More new arrivals are anticipated between now and the end of the transfer window, with Lewis Dunk - who is expected to feature for the visitors this weekend - thought to be Fulham's top target in defence.

Issues at the back certainly cost the Whites at times last season, particularly in the closing weeks when 18 goals were shipped in their last six home outings - including a 4-1 thrashing at the hands of rivals Brentford.

Fulham did look far more structured in their league opener against Cardiff, however, albeit in a match that saw them lose out in the possession stakes, with free summer signing Jamie O'Hara appearing to be a shrewd capture in midfield.

This Saturday's meeting against a side who finished in the same vicinity as them last season will provide Fulham with a clearer picture of how far they have come, and perhaps show just how realistic hopes of a playoff finish really are.

Recent form (all competitions): WDWDDW

Brighton & Hove AlbionKazenga LuaLua of Brighton celebrates after scoring the first goal of the season during the Sky Bet Championship match between Brighton & Hove Albion and Nottingham Forest at Amex Stadium on August 7, 2015
The honour of kicking off the new Football League season went to Brighton, who delivered in front of their own fans with a slender 1-0 victory against Nottingham Forest.

Kazenga LuaLua was the matchwinner, firing a well-taken strike beyond the reach of Dorus de Vries in the second half, before matching that feat in a similar style in midweek.

Southend United were the victims on that occasion, as Brighton maintained their impressive run of results by picking up another narrow 1-0 victory at Roots Hall.

Questions over the future of centre-back Dunk still remain, with Newcastle United thought to be the latest side to have shown an interest in the man who led the scoring charts for the Seagulls last season.

Boss Chris Hughton has since refuted these claims, suggesting that he intends to keep hold of his best players beyond the end of the summer transfer window.

Dunk impressed once more against Forest, sweeping up when needed at the back, while new boy Tomer Hemed also produced a promising debut display at The Amex.

The Israeli international arrived on the South Coast with plenty of expectation on his shoulders following a respectable return from his time at Almeria and, if not for a wonder save from De Vries, he would have got off the mark in last week's opening fixture.

Hughton may look towards a more attacking style of play in the coming months, but right now getting victories is the key if Albion are to return to being promotion candidates, rather than looking over their shoulders like the duration of last season.

Recent form (all competitions): WDWWWW

Team NewsLewis Dunk of Brighton during the pre season friendly match between Brighton & Hove Albion and Norwich City at The Amex Stadium on July 30, 2013
Dunk was left out of his side's midweek League Cup clash, but he is almost certain to return to the first-team fold for the trip to West London.

Former Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale will also return from last time out, as will midfielder Dale Stephens, but new recruit Uwe Hunemeier is expected to miss out after joining earlier this week.

Bobby Zamora could earn a first appearance for the Seagulls since returning, fitness permitting, up against another of his former sides.

In terms of the home side, the biggest decision for Symons to make comes in goals, as Andy Lonergan and Marcus Bettinelli battle it out for the No.1 shirt.

Lonergan impressed against Cardiff, and is therefore likely to get the nod on this occasion, while McCormack and Smith will continue in attack.

Luke Garbutt, Fernando Amorebieta, Scott Parker and George Williams remain on the sidelines, while Ryan Tunnicliffe has served his two-match suspension.

Fulham possible starting lineup:
Lonergan; Richards, Hutchinson, Burn, Voser; Christensen, Cairney, Pringle, O'Hara; Smith, McCormack

Brighton & Hove Albion possible starting lineup:
Stockdale; Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Bong; March, Stephens, Kayal, LuaLua; Baldock, Hemed

Head To Head
Interestingly, Fulham have either scored exactly two goals (four times) or scored none at all (four times) in each of their last eight meetings against Brighton.

Albion have found the net in each of the last three fixtures, meanwhile, having previously gone six without finding a way through against the Cottagers.

Brighton, with just two away wins to their name all calendar year, won the last encounter 2-0 last December; Adrian Colunga and Solly March goals proving the difference in that one.

We say: Fulham 1-0 Brighton

Brighton and Fulham will each be happy enough with their starts to the campaign, especially coming off the back of a season that saw both largely underwhelm. The Whites appear to have the better squad at this stage, however, which will see them maintain their unbeaten start on the banks of the Thames.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/preview/preview-fulham-vs-brighton--hove-albion_239143.html?

WhiteJC

Ream Heading to West London!

Earlier this week the inference being bandied about and something which we covered, related to the possibility of the Bolton Wanderers defender, Tim Ream, coming to Craven Cottage.

Well today the good folk of NBC Sports are inferring that the United States international is in London to agree personal terms.

It appears that a deal, said to be to the value of £2.4 million has been agreed that will see the 27-year-old move from Bolton to London.

Unfortunately, Ream isn`t coming to Craven Cottage, it appears that Fulham have lost out in the race to sign the defender to our near-neighbours Queens Park Rangers.

Perhaps it is time to revisit the Lewis Dunk situation once more, especially as he`s set to play for Brighton and Hove Albion at Craven Cottage this weekend.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=409229#ixzz3ilwyB6zD

WhiteJC

Fulham face Sheffield United repeat in Capital One Cup

Fulham have been drawn against Sheffield United in the second round of the Capital One Cup tonight.

The match, to be played at Craven Cottage in the week commencing Monday 24 August, will be a repeat of the Blades' famous FA Cup replay win in February 2014. The Whites won through to the second round on Tuesday night after a narrow victory at League Two Wycombe Wanderers thanks to Alex Kacaniklic's second half winner.

Sheffield United, now managed by the former Southampton boss Nigel Adkins, are one of the favourites to win promotion from League One this season but were hammered 4-0 at Gillingham on the opening day of the season. They reached this stage with a 1-0 win at Morecambe thanks to a ninetieth minute winner from substitute Neil Collins.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2015/08/fulham-face-sheffield-united-repeat-in-capital-one-cup/?

WhiteJC

Striker to have extra finishing training after Fulham miss

Thompson missed sitter against Whites

Garry Thompson is set for 'finishing school' in the wake of his sitter missed in Wycombe's Capital One Cup exit to Fulham on Tuesday.

Boss Gareth Ainsworth joked he would set up some target practice for the veteran striker, who shot wide from six yards out with the goal gaping just beyond the half hour with the game locked at 0-0.

While admitting the miss was pivotal, Ainsworth was in forgiving mood, suggesting the front man's overall contribution to life on the pitch at Adams Park made up for the occasional gaff in the opposition penalty box.

He said: "It was a great chance and games are decided on those things. I'm sure he will be sticking those away in future. I might give him a little bit of work on that later on this week. Thommo leads the line so well and you can't help but admire him. He will be disappointed he has missed that, but it happens."

Fulham's Alex Kakaniklic showed how it should be done with the emphatic second half finish which settled the tie. The goal came from a rapier-like counter-attack against the run of play and was one of only three shots on target afforded to the Whites over the 90 minutes by the Chairboys' miserly defence.

Not suprisingly then Ainsworth was more than proud to have gone toe to toe with their Championship cousins from up Fulham Palace Road.

"There were players out there for Fulham with 10 year's worth of my budget - it's crackers, he added.

"So it is great to see my boys match them and then some. I thought we had some individuals who probably played better than their opposite number today which is really encouraging.

"Michael Harriman I thought did superbly tonight, Sido (Jombati) really defended well and it was a big 90 minutes for Stephen McGinn coming in, who will only get better.

"If we play like that in the league week in week out we won't go far wrong."

http://www.getbucks.co.uk/sport/football/news/striker-extra-finishing-training-after-9854864?