watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have you outstayed your welcome?

Started by ScalleysDad, August 14, 2015, 12:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

I know the season started for some of you a while ago but for many of us it starts tomorrow. After a summer of knocking down walls, cricket, wanting the radio on, tinkering with the landrover and avoiding the in laws the tuts, the glares and the feeble attempts to plan my days for me are starting to stack up as I run out of things to do. There was an uncomfortable urgency to know my commitments for this season as I did not renew my ST and twice today I have been asked if I have a train ticket sorted and why not get ahead of yourself regarding Huddersfield next week. I have also been told I can walk back from the station circa 10pm as the rugby might not be quite finished and apparently a builder might be engaged to finish off the extension project. Bloody cheek. I suppose it works both ways in that with me out of the house cookery programmes, Waitrose for lunch, rugby on BT, the coffee culture and no noise works for some people. So for tomorrow there had better be a seat on the train, those Brighton fans had better behave at Clapham, Zamorra had better have a rubbish game and Dunk breaks a nail, there had better be a seat home from Waterloo and somebody in white had better score at least three otherwise Sunday is going to be rubbish.

alfie

Quote from: ScalleysDad on August 14, 2015, 12:12:08 PM
I know the season started for some of you a while ago but for many of us it starts tomorrow. After a summer of knocking down walls, cricket, wanting the radio on, tinkering with the landrover and avoiding the in laws the tuts, the glares and the feeble attempts to plan my days for me are starting to stack up as I run out of things to do. There was an uncomfortable urgency to know my commitments for this season as I did not renew my ST and twice today I have been asked if I have a train ticket sorted and why not get ahead of yourself regarding Huddersfield next week. I have also been told I can walk back from the station circa 10pm as the rugby might not be quite finished and apparently a builder might be engaged to finish off the extension project. Bloody cheek. I suppose it works both ways in that with me out of the house cookery programmes, Waitrose for lunch, rugby on BT, the coffee culture and no noise works for some people. So for tomorrow there had better be a seat on the train, those Brighton fans had better behave at Clapham, Zamorra had better have a rubbish game and Dunk breaks a nail, there had better be a seat home from Waterloo and somebody in white had better score at least three otherwise Sunday is going to be rubbish.

I look forward with anticipation the follow up to this.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Barrett487

I hope it all turns out according to plan Galvin.... I'm hoping to travel down to the cottage myself on Saturday.

Berserker

Hope to see you in the Rocket early or Crabtree later
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Barrett487

Quote from: Berserker on August 14, 2015, 03:30:48 PM
Hope to see you in the Rocket early or Crabtree later

It'd be nice to catch up Claire.... i'll see you before, or after, or both !  :54:

ScalleysDad

yes a catch up will be good. I shall be shadowing Mrs B for the duration so where are you sitting?
A pre match loosener will be good too. The Rocket used to be fairly decent but mobs and gangs seem to be hanging out there these days. Shame really.

Barrett487

So you're not going to the Rocket?

I'm in H3 row W

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 14, 2015, 09:10:01 PM

I'm in H3 row W

Yeah I will be there. I was just trying to wind Danny up that's all but he didn't bite. Probably about 1 but I will need some munchies, it will be an 8am start. H3. That's within slingshot distance of us so we can wave or I'll throw a tunnocks at you at halftime.

Barrett487

Quote from: ScalleysDad on August 14, 2015, 09:20:41 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on August 14, 2015, 09:10:01 PM

I'm in H3 row W

Yeah I will be there. I was just trying to wind Danny up that's all but he didn't bite. Probably about 1 but I will need some munchies, it will be an 8am start. H3. That's within slingshot distance of us so we can wave or I'll throw a tunnocks at you at halftime.

I can't catch mate, and depending on what a tunnock is i may not want to....

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: ScalleysDad on August 14, 2015, 08:17:02 PM
yes a catch up will be good. I shall be shadowing Mrs B for the duration so where are you sitting?
A pre match loosener will be good too. The Rocket used to be fairly decent but mobs and gangs seem to be hanging out there these days. Shame really.

So is friends of fulham a gang for mob then? Haha. Wouldn't be the best name for a firm would it.