watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross McCormack extends contract - good

Started by Southcoastffc, August 14, 2015, 01:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asotosyios

Maybe I feel a bit biased due to his performance today, but I find it a bit weird that we felt the need for a new contract just after a year. He still had 3 more years remaining on his previous deal, so we could have done something like that possibly at the end of this year (even if it was an option that we exercised).
Perhaps the rumours re Norwich's and Hull's interest had something to do with it?

ffc73

Ross will be 29 on Tuesday.

To my knowledge he has never played in the Premiership or been linked to a move to a team in the top tier. 

We have just extended his contract to 2019 when he will be 33.  No doubt he is one of the higher earners at the club but over that period his value will depreciate and he will in time become a less effective player and not a regular starter. 

Unless we are promoted and able to sell him to another Championship team as we upgrade, it will be unlikely that another club will come in and take him off our hands.  Any takers for 34-year old Parker on high wages? No.

Even discounting his 3x poor performances at the start of this season the extension does not make sense to me.  The only rational is so that the accountants can amortise his initial transfer cost over an extra year and so reduce the accounting charge per annum in the books

On the upside he won't lose any pace as he does not have any now