https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross McCormack extends contract - good

Started by Southcoastffc, August 14, 2015, 01:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

McCormack's Contract Extension
Friday 14 August 2015 13:00
The Club is delighted to announce that Ross McCormack has signed a contract extension, keeping him at Fulham until 2019.

McCormack – whose previous deal would have taken him up until 2018 – enjoyed a marvellous debut season at Craven Cottage from a personal point of view, leading the scoring charts with 19 goals and contributing a further 11 assists.

He made an immediate impression on the Whites supporters, and he was subsequently named their Player of the Season for 2014/15.

Watch the video below as Ross gives his first interview after putting pen to paper. Tune in to #FFCRadio from 2pm on Saturday to hear Ross speak exclusively about returning to the Cottage, what he expects from Brighton and Hove Albion, his role within the team and his targets for the season.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Southcoastffc

I'm not his biggest fan by any means but this is a VERY good sign.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 14, 2015, 01:09:10 PM
It is a superb interview and very insightful.

fulhamben

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 14, 2015, 01:11:17 PM
Can you break it down please, Internet is slow here
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

f321ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on August 14, 2015, 01:14:17 PM
Everything is slow down here in Sth Devon Ben , especially the bar men making coffee. 064.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: fulhamben on August 14, 2015, 01:14:17 PM
Says that rather than a new contract, he and the club agreed to take up the option that the club had but presumably with a wage increase.
Says he was told last season that we would be keeping our best players.
Says that last seasons pre-season did damage (me paraphrasing)
Says that some players didn't want to be here last season and it could be inferred that they were disruptive  to team unity.
Is delighted with the acquisitions of TC, O'Hara and others. Saying they all share the same goal.
Says that anything other than play-offs will be a disappointment.  

fulham traveller

Wait in a minute did we do the same with Bryan Ruiz, I am always suspicious, because all this does is keep his sell on value up, it's good news though

Swiss72

Craven Mad

Great news!

If we're gonna get back to the prem, he needs to be a part of our team.

IMO he deserved a payrise anyway for keeping us in the Championship.

fulhamben

Cheers Mike, and yes f321ffc I'm starting to learn that
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

hovewhite

another bit of great news,now just the C.H positions to get sorted.

aussierod

Great that he resigned but he doesn't speak very confidently or glowingly about the club does he? Sounds very much lip service unfortunately which isn't usually my take from most club promo material

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

aussierod

I've just seen other people's comments on the interview, seems others think otherwise so I maybe I've just misinterpretating how he comes across. He seems honest tho, but I think he some across as being mislead

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

mike_corkcity12

Quote from: aussierod on August 14, 2015, 02:03:36 PM
I've just seen other people's comments on the interview, seems others think otherwise so I maybe I've just misinterpretating how he comes across. He seems honest tho, but I think he some across as being mislead

I think there are two sides. He references last season quite abit and I think he feels as if he has been cheated by the club. He was told that we would keep our best players. When he signed did we still have Dejagah, Mitroglou, Hangeland and Kasami ?

This season he seems more positive. He has got his pay rise but he also seems to feel that the new signings and him share the same ethos. So he is critical but at the same time appreciative, I guess?

Lighthouse

He doesn't feel cheated otherwise he wouldn't have signed an extension. But he makes the point about last season and I think the fact he mentions 'when the new manager came in' means he puts the blame with Felix. Thought his comments were very much that of a captain.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alexbishop

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 14, 2015, 02:45:14 PM
He doesn't feel cheated otherwise he wouldn't have signed an extension. But he makes the point about last season and I think the fact he mentions 'when the new manager came in' means he puts the blame with Felix. Thought his comments were very much that of a captain.

I might be wrong but I think it was a club option which we exercised.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Ross (as captain)   "I think you should play further forward and more centrally and only occasionally drifting out to each wing to throw defenders off  ie: Where is he ?"

Ross (as player)  OK Ross, I'll start with the Brighton game.

Ross (as captain) Great, and I'm delighted you've signed a contract extension.

Ross (as player)  I thought that was you
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

YoungsBitter

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on August 14, 2015, 02:18:04 PM
Quote from: aussierod on August 14, 2015, 02:03:36 PM

I think there are two sides. He references last season quite abit and I think he feels as if he has been cheated by the club. He was told that we would keep our best players. When he signed did we still have Dejagah, Mitroglou, Hangeland and Kasami ?

This season he seems more positive. He has got his pay rise but he also seems to feel that the new signings and him share the same ethos. So he is critical but at the same time appreciative, I guess?
I thought that he was asked about the contrast between last season and this by Sarah Brookes. His answer was that when he joined he was told that we would be keeping the players from the Prem and fighting for promotion (like Norwich did) and that didnt happen. He mentioned that last year's pre-season was a disaster so we ran out of gas after Xmas. The thing I found interesting was never once mentioned Symons by name and when asked why this year will be better he said 2 reasons: 1, getting rid of players who didnt want to be here and 2, players like Pringle, O'Hara and Cairney coming in who really want to be here. Again no mention of "and having Kit Symons/Kit/The Gaffer in charge" where it would have been an obvious throw away line for the media.
I agree he sounds a smart cookie, his comment about playing a long time in this division and know how tough it is to get out was the voice of a realist.
Quark, strangeness and charm

ffc73

Is there a clause I his new contract that says he can't be substituted even when having a shocker? He was poor at Cardiff too.

I admit to not being a huge fan of his, accepting though his goals kept us up lSt season, but the lack of movement & pace in attack with Ross & Smith playing frustrates me

bobbo

He was also poor at Wycombe, and I thought dreadfull today most certainly should have gone off. However he will probably still end up our top goalscorer
1975 just leaving home full of hope