more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That was quick...

Started by Northern Cottager, August 15, 2015, 04:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watfordwhite

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 15, 2015, 05:02:35 PM
Nobody is going to mention the plethora of chances that Matt Smith didn't take then? I know the defence is rubbish but we can't win games if we don't take our chances

:plus one:
I thought it was just me...

DeuceBigelow

If we desire prem football, why have we built a championship squad?
Riverside Block W

Northern Cottager

Quote from: DeuceBigelow on August 15, 2015, 08:34:22 PM

Disagree - we don't even seem that good.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: DeuceBigelow on August 15, 2015, 08:34:22 PM

Because it's impossible to build a Prem squad out of a League 1 squad in one window?

Tonywa

I think we have recruited quite well so far and the squad assembled would look better under a better manager.  It's no use saying that Kit deserves more time.  He has been in situ for about ten months and even with one or two better players we are making exactly the same mistakes we were when he first took over. Ideally he should have gone at the end of last season and the new manager installed in time to start putting together a stronger squad.  As it is things have been allowed to drift on and if we make a change now the new incumbent will be having to get to grips with things utilising a squad he has had nothing to do with assembling. In terms of managing a football club it is difficult to think of anything more shambolic. On the Smith question I' m afraid I'm on the camp of the non-believers and he looks to me like a poor man's Paul Moody.  A lower division striker, who,for all his attributes simply does not have the control or skill to play at this level.  his size makes him awkward, but I was amazed today just how many aerial balls he failed to win given his height advantage. Where we go from here, who knows? The whole thing is like some horrible kind of Groundhog Day which keeps repeating over and over again. Absolutely no competent leadership in the club from the Chairman downwards. A total fiasco.

FPT

The decision to break up Shaun Hutchinson and Dan Burn was ridiculous, and I know exactly why he did it - to help cover the penetrative channel running of both Sam Baldock and Tomer Hemed, as well as having a bit of cover for Solly March and Kazenga Lua-Lua beating their men; but Nikolay Bodurov is away the fairies, I genuinely feel he may need a drugs test for some funky stuff.

Shaun Hutchinson and Nikolay Bodurov was our least successful partnership in the centre back last season in terms of both results and goals conceded I believe - I dug into it at the back end of last year once we finished with Dan Burn and Michael Turner but I don't have specific figures to hand.

laurencecapel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 15, 2015, 09:39:02 PM
Voser is nowhere near up to this standard. They targeted him from the start, as will every other team, another bad judgement by Kit, Voser was slaughtered by Brighton and he stayed on for 90 mins, and Ross was very poor and should been substituted by our very weak clueless manager.

Voser was awful. Turned inside out for 90 minutes and didn't pass the ball forward once. Then to make things worse, ignored Kaca for the 20 minutes he was on for.