watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That was quick...

Started by Northern Cottager, August 15, 2015, 04:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

The end to Kits start of Fortress Cottage.

I thought we'd score goals but struggle to keep them out. Looks like well struggle for both.

Kit in, of course.

Blanco

I'm not gonna start slagging him off too much as that is fickle but... god he is useless.

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

jarv

I listened to GJ. Sounded ok but again, 2 goals conceded at HOME against one of last seasons fellow RELEGATION candidates. Does not look promising.

Northern Cottager

Defense is laughable now. It was a bit of a worry a whole back but for zero improvement is just an absolute joke.

We have players out of position, again.

Aspirations of top 6 are slipping if we can't start a season well and beat the likes of Brighton. Hull next isn't it? Ha.

laurencecapel

Having Voser full back will leak goals - what an utter liability he was today. Inside, outside it didn't matter, he was getting roasted all match

Blanco

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 15, 2015, 05:00:51 PM
Defense is laughable now. It was a bit of a worry a whole back but for zero improvement is just an absolute joke.

Aspirations of top 6 are slipping if we can't start a season well and beat the likes of Brighton. Hull next isn't it? Ha.

The key is to not start with those aspirations. Top 6 is an absolute impossibility!

Deeping_white

Nobody is going to mention the plethora of chances that Matt Smith didn't take then? I know the defence is rubbish but we can't win games if we don't take our chances

Northern Cottager

Quote from: laurencecapel on August 15, 2015, 05:01:04 PM
Having Voser full back will leak goals - what an utter liability he was today. Inside, outside it didn't matter, he was getting roasted all match

Kit should notice this and make a change OR make it a priority to have decent back up by Sept 1st if Voser isn't.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Blanco on August 15, 2015, 05:02:07 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 15, 2015, 05:00:51 PM

The key is to not start with those aspirations. Top 6 is an absolute impossibility!

It's early days but the better teams don't really start seasons like this.

Liabilities all over the pitch playing like they've been told to draw positions and roles out of a hat before kick off.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 15, 2015, 05:02:35 PM
Nobody is going to mention the plethora of chances that Matt Smith didn't take then? I know the defence is rubbish but we can't win games if we don't take our chances

I've said for a while we need another striker.

fcfulham55

So pissed off. Brighton at home, fortress cottage. Joke of the season.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

laurencecapel

Fulham superb second half. Should've won. Last min Brighton pen now....
Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 15, 2015, 05:02:47 PM
Quote from: laurencecapel on August 15, 2015, 05:01:04 PM

Kit should notice this and make a change OR make it a priority to have decent back up by Sept 1st if Voser isn't.

What doesn't help is the insistence of playing both Pringle and Cairney leaving Kaca out of the team. Voser had no cover and we had no width.

Not going to slate Smith, he was a fantastic target man today, made the goal for us.

PokerMatt

Unfortunately we won't get rid of him after two games. He'll probably get more like 15.

At that point it will be vital to bring in a manager who can COACH our defenders to improve. It's so much more important than having a good attack.

God I miss Roy.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

fulham traveller

Should of get rid end of the season, he has 10 games

Twig

Quote from: PokerMatt on August 15, 2015, 05:10:26 PM
Unfortunately we won't get rid of him after two games. He'll probably get more like 15.

At that point it will be vital to bring in a manager who can COACH our defenders to improve. It's so much more important than having a good attack.

God I miss Roy.

I'm not going to start calling Kit out so soon but one thing I can agree on is how much I miss Roy.  He really understood how to organise a team and especially a defence.

Northern Cottager

God I miss Roy.

I sneakily got a bit optimistic. I now know that was silly :(

Kit does need to go.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Twig on August 15, 2015, 05:19:18 PM

God I miss Roy.

I'm not going to start calling Kit out so soon but one thing I can agree on is how much I miss Roy.  He really understood how to organise a team and especially a defence.

It's early in this season but this isn't his first 2 games. We still look disorganised, still play a poor system, still play out of position, still can't score and kill off teams.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Twig on August 15, 2015, 05:19:18 PM

God I miss Roy.

I guess it's early in the season, but I've remained in the Kit out camp since many months before the end of last season.

Obviously not calling him to be gone yet, but he's been in charge for long enough for me to be pessimistic that he'll be able to learn to organise a defence any time soon.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

laurencecapel

Any of you seen the pictures from Sky Sports? Tackle was outside of the box - looks like the ref cost us the draw.

Obviously we had chances to win but you can't play against officials ballsing up