News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit Symons criminal substitution costs us another game.

Started by Skatzoffc, August 15, 2015, 05:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

As someone who has consistently said Smith can't last more than 65 minutes I'm glad others can see it now,  but saying that I'd not have taken him off at 82, what's the point should have been Ross.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Julius Geezer

Quote from: laurencecapel on August 16, 2015, 03:40:16 PM
Quote from: Julius Geezer on August 16, 2015, 11:48:12 AM
Quote from: laurencecapel on August 15, 2015, 05:04:13 PM
All game Brighton were rinsing Voser - Kaca comes on and problem solved. How he's not starting is beyond me? Playing a target man and putting 0 crosses in to the box is laughable.

The only positives are that Richards and O'Hara looked quality.

Richards was beaten time and time again, not sure he even blocked one cross!

Majorly over-rated player.

Brighton obviously saw our full back positions as our biggest weakness and boy were they right.

To be fair to Richards, he done a lot better with no cover and was actually dangerous on the attack.
What did he produce going forward though?

A little bit of movement and one or two decent crosses at best - nothing that ever really troubled Brighton.

Don't know about you, but for me his key responsibilities are to defend! Prevent crosses coming in, mark tightly, push the opposition back etc.

There was none of that!

You said he was quality - well mate if that was a quality display......

And I'm not just singling Richards out, Voser was equally as bad!

Can't wait for Garbutt to come back, at least then we'll only have one weak side.

St Eve

Unless Smith was injured it was a bizarre substitution. He has still not played a full 90 minutes and if he isn't capable, after playing parts of 2 games this season, something is radically wrong. I wish Kit would explain the substitution.

Burgf001

when smith came off we hadn't a clue what to do next. we had no idea. Ross had been lacklustre and contributed little . bring off Ross for moussa and maybe someone would have been claiming smith's knock downs and hassled the Brighton defence (whom were tired and they're not exactly quick anyway). because smith came off we hadn't an idea of how to get the ball up the pitch effectively and apart from a burst down the wing immediately after coming on dembele did nothing.

Why Richards is getting moaned at is beyond me, behind o'hara was man of the match for me. Felt Voser was too exposed by Pringle having a mare, and he looked reasonable when Kaca came on.

Hersham Henry

Quote from: F.luke on August 15, 2015, 06:05:35 PM
Disgraceful substitution Smith was causing havoc Ross should of come off but Simons toooo scared  did you see Smiths reaction when the board come up I know Dmith should have scored one at least but it ruined our chances of the win. Brighton must have been so pleased to see smith off.  KS out for me !
Oh for an experienced manager rather than a willing apprentice on job experience!

Woolly Mammoth

Matt Smith should have stayed on, and McCormack should have been subbed at half time, he was dire. He can't run, and stomach is hanging over his shirts.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ffccaz

Don't think Smith was injured he showed how he felt being subbed not happy

snarks

Going back to the OP, the substitution didn't cost the match, the poor tackle by Hutchinson cost the game, and the poor decision by the assistant referee to say it was inside the box cost the game.

I actually thought the substition of pringle was about right. The substition of Smith debatable coming so late (although I thought he looked knackered from about 70 mins) I think Tunni for LVC would have been the other one at about 70 - 75 mins.