News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit Symons criminal substitution costs us another game.

Started by Skatzoffc, August 15, 2015, 05:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skatzoffc

A total moron.

If u want to make a sub don't take off the main ball winner and target man. Take off Ross and bring on Dembele.

From Mr angry
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

laurencecapel

All game Brighton were rinsing Voser - Kaca comes on and problem solved. How he's not starting is beyond me? Playing a target man and putting 0 crosses in to the box is laughable.

The only positives are that Richards and O'Hara looked quality.

Max Headroom

We have better players than last season. But need a turner like defender, or two....

ron

I was only listening to GJ and Sean's commentary (and sometimes there was precious little description of the actual action going on) , but it seems the rationale on pulling Smith off was because of the squandering of chances, when Brighton were still lively, but we had the upper hand. Had Dembele (although I would have preferred Cauley) scored, Brighton would have caved in.

gang

Blanco

How many chances did Smith miss? It wasn't a bad sub in my eyes. I probably would have opted for taking off McCormack but he is supposed to be our best player even though he's nothing like himself.

Craven Mad

The defence we played this week won't be the same as that which will play next week, I'd almost guarantee it.

Ross should've come off, Matt should've stayed on. Bodurov should never had played.

We moan, we learn, we move forward...

gang

Nero

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 15, 2015, 05:15:57 PM
The defence we played this week won't be the same as that which will play next week, I'd almost guarantee it.

Ross should've come off, Matt should've stayed on. Bodurov should never had played.

we may learn but kit doesnt thats the problem

laurencecapel

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Bettinelli and his lack of communication during the game. One more that 4/5 separate occasions he neglected to give instructions and thus we gave away needless corners.

I think I'd prefer the experience of Lonergan....

Lighthouse

Oh get a grip. One poor performance at home yet we hung in until the 94th minute. Almost written in the stars that our defence would be poor. But we lacked pace and it was only when it was introduced did we look more dangerous. So a sickener and a performance that illustrates the problems we all knew were there.

But this overreaction over one sub was not the problem that made us lose. Lack of pace, poor defence and LVC actually not turning up and Ross taking another day off were the problems. I wish we could put down the problems to the manager. But it simply isn't so.

Poor today but we learned what we already knew. Need to press higher and have pace in the side.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

laurencecapel

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 15, 2015, 05:28:02 PM
Oh get a grip. One poor performance at home yet we hung in until the 94th minute. Almost written in the stars that our defence would be poor. But we lacked pace and it was only when it was introduced did we look more dangerous. So a sickener and a performance that illustrates the problems we all knew were there.

But this overreaction over one sub was not the problem that made us lose. Lack of pace, poor defence and LVC actually not turning up and Ross taking another day off were the problems. I wish we could put down the problems to the manager. But it simply isn't so.

Poor today but we learned what we already knew. Need to press higher and have pace in the side.

You can't blame Kit for Hutchinsons stupidity but he is accountable for neglecting to nullify Brightons threat down the right flank until midway through the second half.

I personally cannot see how McC as the shadow striker works when you've got 4 CM's behind who all want to do the same job.

Skatzoffc

That's my point Craven.

We learn but Symons has proven not to learn anything from last season or this seasons games so far.

Brghton were dead on their feet.
They hadn't had an attack for 20 mins. He makes the sub. It gave them the game.

He wasn't tired.
He wasn't Injured.
Why? Why? Why?

Stand up and be counted Kit!
Astound me with your acumen.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

ron

Brighton used all three subs. We didn't.

Surely fresh legs count for something...best to use all six available!

PokerMatt

Quote from: Nero on August 15, 2015, 05:22:41 PM

we may learn but kit doesnt thats the problem

Unfortunately this is correct.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

TrexFFC

We have new signings. A brand new season. I don't care that the defense isn't that great. The midfield and attacking options should be able to make up for it.  If we get a cb or two and then a striker in there will be no good enough excuse for me. The guy makes absolutely bizarre substitutions and only 2? Why were only 2 made? You have THREE. As long as board/management continue to falter then so to will the club. It doesn't even matter what players we bring in at this point.  Unless someone figures out how to clone Messi and send him here.   

PokerMatt

Quote from: TrexFFC on August 15, 2015, 05:55:44 PM
We have new signings. A brand new season. I don't care that the defense isn't that great. The midfield and attacking options should be able to make up for it.  If we get a cb or two and then a striker in there will be no good enough excuse for me. The guy makes absolutely bizarre substitutions and only 2? Why were only 2 made? You have THREE. As long as board/management continue to falter then so to will the club. It doesn't even matter what players we bring in at this point.  Unless someone figures out how to clone Messi and send him here.   

This is a dangerous point of view.

Attacking players can't score 2+ in every game, unless Messi or Ronaldo are in the team.

The defence is absolutely vital. If they can keep regular clean sheets then there's so much less pressure on the attacking players - they might only need one goal to win a game!

To be fair, it's not entirely the back four - we saw with Hodgson that if you keep your shape then you limit chances, with the actual defenders then being the last line. As it is now with players all over the shop as soon as the other team attacks they're up against one of our back four. However good your players are they won't keep many clean sheets under such pressure.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

TrexFFC

I understand your point.  I'm just saying if we were able to keep the ball more than we currently are doing we would take far less pressure off the terrible defense.  Any defense under constant pressure will probably conceed a goal at some point no matter how good the players in defense are. Obviously in an ideal world you'd like good players all over the pitch but based on what we have now it's a bit shocking that we cannot even keep the ball nearly as much as we should.  The attacking players certainly aren't helping much at the moment. Everything seems a bit of a mess really.  People are saying players just need to gel and I'm not totally convinced that is the only reason things are so disjointed but I hope I'm wrong. 

F.luke

Disgraceful substitution Smith was causing havoc Ross should of come off but Simons toooo scared  did you see Smiths reaction when the board come up I know Dmith should have scored one at least but it ruined our chances of the win. Brighton must have been so pleased to see smith off.  KS out for me !