watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We have a problem

Started by BedsFFC, August 15, 2015, 09:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

At this stage of his career, we have an average manager "cutting his teeth" with our club.

Problem is, our club, is his club.

As a man whose best times as a FFC fan was when Kit was in defence, it pains me to say, we will never get promoted with him at the helm. Well, not now. Maybe in 10 years.

We either bring in someone to oversee or take over but we have zero chance of challenging with Kit in charge.

Brighton are a mid table side...at best.

Barrie

But how long will it take the powers-that-be to realise this?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

Fulham76

Quote from: Barrie on August 15, 2015, 09:06:03 PM
But how long will it take the powers-that-be to realise this?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

No real interest in us from the powers that be unfortunately.

laurencecapel

For me Kit does not have the know how or reputation to attract talent to the club - I don't even think he has any relationships where we might benefit from a few loans like Akpom/Hayden from Arsenal to Hull.

Sam Allardyce is unemployed right? I'd take him....

JackyFulham90

I'm not a Symons fan I totally agree with you but let's atleast give him the 1st 5 league games then see where we are at

love4ffc

I'm not a Kit fan either.  Think just like GJ and Sean said today, Smith was the wrong person to sub.  I would have preferred Ross being subbed for Dembele'.  Would love to have seen what would have seen with that combo. 

Agree though with Jacky that we should give Kit the first 5 games.  Hopefully Khan is paying attention closely. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

laurencecapel

Only risk in giving him 5 games is also giving the next manager if any the smallest timeframe to bring in some of his own players....

If he goes it'll probably be January and then I'll pray we do a Norwich under that Alex Neill.

malcbridger

Give Keegan a call, he has worked with Symons, knows the club, has the ability to raise morale/get teams playing. We could do a lot worse?

alexbishop

Think the system we have now with Rigg as CFO means inter changing managers shouldn't effect things too much.

Transfers and overall footballing philosophy throughout the club from top to bottom is now overseen by Rigg. So if Kit did go out and someone else was brought in, the overall structure would stay the same.

The new manager won't need to bring their own players in as we should already have a strong squad of players that fit in with the club's philosophy.

What we need is a strong coach and manager who can motivate a team and has the experience and tactical nous to get results in this league.

Kit might become that man over the next ten years but he isn't that man now and I completely agree we won't get promoted with him in charge.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

BedsFFC

Bit odd answering my own post. But got thinking about an experienced head to help out,  then realised we have curbishley. Maybe it's him that needs looking at

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: alexbishop on August 16, 2015, 09:01:07 AM
Think the system we have now with Rigg as CFO means inter changing managers shouldn't effect things too much.

Transfers and overall footballing philosophy throughout the club from top to bottom is now overseen by Rigg. So if Kit did go out and someone else was brought in, the overall structure would stay the same.

The new manager won't need to bring their own players in as we should already have a strong squad of players that fit in with the club's philosophy.

What we need is a strong coach and manager who can motivate a team and has the experience and tactical nous to get results in this league.

Kit might become that man over the next ten years but he isn't that man now and I completely agree we won't get promoted with him in charge.

:plus one:

Julius Geezer

It's another Stuart Pearce scenario at Forest.

Former player who loves the club but has no tactical awareness and the players don't really respect him as a manager.

Barrett487

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 16, 2015, 11:03:05 AM
Bit odd answering my own post. But got thinking about an experienced head to help out,  then realised we have curbishley. Maybe it's him that needs looking at

Hoddle?

ron

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 16, 2015, 11:27:00 AM

Hoddle?

We may take him in his next life.

hovewhite

what is curbs role?

Nero

Quote from: hovewhite on August 16, 2015, 11:55:01 AM
what is curbs role?

Don't know but if we got rid of all these upper management roles we might be able to afford a centre half and his wages

Twig

Quote from: hovewhite on August 16, 2015, 11:55:01 AM
what is curbs role?

Taking a salary for doing sweet fanny...?

ron

Quote from: malcbridger on August 16, 2015, 08:06:48 AM
Give Keegan a call, he has worked with Symons, knows the club, has the ability to raise morale/get teams playing. We could do a lot worse?

We certainly could do a lot worse than call him. He could pick up the phone......

No thanks to Keegan. 1. Never go back, and 2. He'd be off again if a better offer came along.

Nick Bateman

The decision to take off Smith cost Fulham the result again!  A good manager is one who learns from his mistakes and spots who is playing good or badly in the team, and sadly Symons does none of these things.

He also appears very laid back and even 'weak', not a good inspiration for the players.  Curbishley is probably relishing the situation as he would be favourite to take over temporarily which will mean boring but possibly effective football.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Horse

Quote from: ron on August 16, 2015, 12:45:30 PM
Quote from: malcbridger on August 16, 2015, 08:06:48 AM

We certainly could do a lot worse than call him. He could pick up the phone......

No thanks to Keegan. 1. Never go back, and 2. He'd be off again if a better offer came along.

lol yeah man, the guy left us for england. what a dick.

I may be a terrible cynic but I agree with Nick, why would Curbishley want to see us do well? He's first in line to take over.