watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

some things..

Started by General, August 16, 2015, 02:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

seem obvious, from constant feedback from numerous people is that there are three consistent things that make this team struggle.

one - Kit - he just isn't the charismatic manager, the technically astute manager that's needed at this level. They say nice guys finish last and we as a club will suffer from his soft approach. I know it's popular in the way that people like him and appreciate who he is and what he stands for as a Fulham man, a ray lewington type man, who embodies a lot of what it's like to be connected with the club and it's inner sanctum. He clearly cares but there are just some things that don't get you that far - you need an aggressiveness, an intellectually ability which I think isn't guaranteed to the standard required. I like Kit, I remember his playing days and he obviously is very good at his job, but not to the level of what we're looking for.

Secondly - and stating the obvious, from pre season and before something that has continued and is abundantly clear to everyone is our defence that has been glaringly flawed for seasons and for some reason is a key area our club doesn't seem to have addressed and whilst there's a willingness for some reason they're dragging their heals. Players that we're interested are clearly on the market, having been left on the bench or not in the squads for their respective teams despite their ability, so there's the possibility and some mumurings that they're interested in coming to us - so I wish we'd sort sharpish.

Thirdly - and it is a tactic thing - I know Kit wants to be fair to all players and give them playing time, and it's a long season but it's needless to change so readily good performers - why Longeran who clearly manages his area and has more experience than Bettinelli was changed after one game in goal where he was one of our best performers and then, take out our strongest defender in place of bodurov when Hutchinson has always been the weakest. This chopping and changing is a disorientating thing for players - yes they may practice with one another, but familiarity is essential in establishing trust amongst people and teammates - a core element to life let alone a game of football.

These need to be sorted out, they're clear issues and are hindering us in our ability to play at our best - the midfield is there, it's capable and our strikeforce, if supported from the back would have more than enough ammunition to score and have proven they can both last season and this season. But we need to give ourselves the best chance.

Dunk, Tarkowski, Ream and Gayle I feel along with the above paragraphs would be enough, but will the club see it that way, get things done or will we risk losing all impact our ten year status in the premiership gave us and fall into the average championship club bracket where appealing to players will require a much more significant show of intent both in players signing and financial investment for players to take us as seriously.

Sometimes you have to have it spelt out for you, sometimes you can see it yourself and sometimes you need to be honest and admit the flaws that exist to tackle them. We are hindering ourselves without these. They're obvious, which is good as we know what we can do, but they're worrying because they're obvious and haven't or don't seem to be being addressed.

General

The Old Count

The whole situation is very depressing.

We lost, yesterday, to an average Brighton team.  We didn't deserve to win.  Apart from five minutes at the end of the first half and fifteen minutes in the second, we hardly got out of our own half.  Even in those spells most of the time we were humping the ball up for Smith.  McCormack looked fat, slow and unfit and the rest of the team looked like they didn't know what they were supposed to do. There was no movement up front.  We didn't stretch play. There was no width.  We kept losing our shape. In all it was a pretty poor performance.

The way the team is set up is wrong.  The whole feeling around the team is wrong.  The players' body language is wrong (after three matches???).
We need a new manager.   Time has run out for our current amiable buffoon.

JoelH5

We will have a new CB (or two) by 5 pm tomorrow...
I was there, standing in the Putney end

The Old Count

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 16, 2015, 10:19:16 PM
We will have a new CB (or two) by 5 pm tomorrow...
First thing is: We need a new manager.

NogoodBoyo

General, I agree with all you say.
Nogood "speaking in generalisations, isit" Boyo